LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

I wish more analysts had the guts to feature the Niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I do like that fact that they don't give us any credit yet....lets stay under the radar and punch them in the mouth when we get there......Go 9ers....
We get no love, just the way i like it. We got props for beating AZ in their house, but a majority of the people thought we were going to lose to Seattle. They were the favorite to win the division and be a contender in the NFC. Now that we beat them it's Oh they had injuries, well the niners didn't run well it was only two big runs.

Do they say that about any other team no. But that is good. Let's keep somewhat flying under the radar so when we do make the playoffs and people start noticing we can tell them to f**k off.

Although after we go to Minnesota and win mind you, we will definately get noticed because we just beat the two gods of football, Favre & AP.

Just remember, it's 1-0 P. willy vs. AP, bring it b***hes.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
If the Niners beat the Vikings, you will be overwhelmed with good press my friend.

Remember Buffalo last year? They got tons of love after going 4-0. It's on the 49ers to beat the Vikings and shock the NFL.

this...
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mospeed:
I'm sick of watching NFL network/ESPN and seeing these analysts shy away from the Niners like they're waiting for us to win the Superbowl before they claim that we're the real deal. Whenever theres something about the Niners on Playbook or another show it's "oh Frank Gore" or "Crabtree this, Crabtree that, look at me I'm gay."

During todays real or fake segment with Fran and Mike Martz Fran shy'd away saying "I need to see more, Seattle had injuries" and Martz said fake most likely cause we fired his mumbling ass. I just don't get it, the Vikes who were down to the Lions at the half have only beat them and Cleveland, we beat the NFC champs and a Seattle team that was predicted to be the big NFC West contender, where is the love?

I prefer the niners not be talked about...not be shown on TV and not be hyped.

it keeps the banwangoners away and makes it so no one sees the team coming.
I'm sick of watching NFL network/ESPN and seeing these analysts shy away from the Niners like they're waiting for us to win the Superbowl before they claim that we're the real deal. Whenever theres something about the Niners on Playbook or another show it's "oh Frank Gore" or "Crabtree this, Crabtree that, look at me I'm gay."

During todays real or fake segment with Fran and Mike Martz Fran shy'd away saying "I need to see more, Seattle had injuries" and Martz said fake most likely cause we fired his mumbling ass. I just don't get it, the Vikes who were down to the Lions at the half have only beat them and Cleveland, we beat the NFC champs and a Seattle team that was predicted to be the big NFC West contender, where is the love?

Whether you like it or not there were only four 49er highlights from the Seattle game that bore being seen on ESPN and NFL Network. Who has scored touchdowns for the 49ers this year? The only one is Frank Gore through 2 games. Do you expect them to show highlights of every field goal that Joe Nedney has kicked?
They usually show offensive highlights, hence Frank Gore is our highlight player.

The only two other things of highlight importance would have been Willis hit on
Hasselback (they showed that) and Goldson's interception (they showed that).
What would you like them to show. A pass by Hills for a 2 yard gain? I'd rather
see Andre Johnson's finger tip grap in the end zone, or the bomb to him.

When we have highlights other than Frank Gore to show, they will show them.

I don't understand the b*****ing in here about not showing highlights. We don't
produce any for them to show. Should they manufacture highlights, and then say,
Oh we made that one up so we could produce more 49er highlights.

Maybe we ought to produce some real passing highlights to our WRs or TEs that
actually have an impact on the game, before we complain about not showing them.

As far Martz being bitter, OK but he does have a solid point in that we need to rocket up the passing game if we are going to be a true player in thie league.
Did you all miss the MNF game?
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Sep 23, 2009 at 9:08 AM ]
There are Fans here on the Zone who would not feature the Niners. They too will be on the bandwagon soon enough. In time my man, in time.
I saw the "buy or sell" segment that apparently inspired this thread and I was also a bit pissed when Martz "sold" us for not passing enough and "bought" Denver because of Mike Nolan's defense.

But I also recognize that we really haven't done anything yet to command respect yet. We've beaten two teams that are probably around .500 mark talent wise. And we beat them when both had injuries to significant players.

I think our defense is legit, but our offense looks much different if you take away Gore's two long TD runs. We'll see how we look at the Vikes - a team with a solid defense, solid rushing attack, and Favre at QB. Lets beat one of their favored children and then revisit this issue.

We'll get respect when we earn it.
Until the 49ers prove they are nothing more than bottom feeders then it is up to them to earn respect. We have one nothing yet, and certainly haven't won much of anything this decade.
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
As a fan, I agree. But West Coast teams never get their due with the media, until they kick the door down, take all the goodies out of the fridge, and make themselves at home on the couch and STAY there for a long time.

... so, we'll just have to do that.
Would I be called a "Bandwagon fan" since I've only been a 49ers fan since 1978?

Yes, I'd like to see the 49ers featured more during the week as well. One sure way to get that done is by winning this week...it's a tough task for sure.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for XAnGeLicDiAbLoX.

Ahh yes i remember when i used to be upset about stuff like this.
However, i have learned that it's ALWAYS better to be Underrated than Overrated.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

Whether you like it or not there were only four 49er highlights from the Seattle game that bore being seen on ESPN and NFL Network. Who has scored touchdowns for the 49ers this year? The only one is Frank Gore through 2 games. Do you expect them to show highlights of every field goal that Joe Nedney has kicked?
They usually show offensive highlights, hence Frank Gore is our highlight player.

The only two other things of highlight importance would have been Willis hit on
Hasselback (they showed that) and Goldson's interception (they showed that).
What would you like them to show. A pass by Hills for a 2 yard gain? I'd rather
see Andre Johnson's finger tip grap in the end zone, or the bomb to him.

When we have highlights other than Frank Gore to show, they will show them.

I don't understand the b*****ing in here about not showing highlights. We don't
produce any for them to show. Should they manufacture highlights, and then say,
Oh we made that one up so we could produce more 49er highlights.

Maybe we ought to produce some real passing highlights to our WRs or TEs that
actually have an impact on the game, before we complain about not showing them.

As far Martz being bitter, OK but he does have a solid point in that we need to rocket up the passing game if we are going to be a true player in thie league.
Did you all miss the MNF game?

Whoa, I don't remember saying anything about highlights. Calm down dude.
Until we have a solid post season, we shouldn't get love. We know what our team can do, and it does feel great shoving it in people's faces after we beat them as the underdog. Lets wait until we do something good in the playoffs, then if we don't get recognition we should be angry.
  • kem99
  • Veteran

There have been a number of these "We don't get any respect" posts in the last couple of weeks. While I know everyone is excited, you can't really blame the "experts" from not paying too much attention to the 49ers yet. Part of it is 2007 when the 49ers were coming off of a strong finish in 2006, were picked by many to be the breakout team of 2008, started 2-0 and then lost 8 in a row and totally imploded as the season went on. The other and probably larger part of it is that the 49ers have had losing records, including the worst record in the league once, for 6 straight years. After 6 years of losing, I don't think its unreasonable to expect that its going to take more than 2 games before the national media is on the bandwagon. You mention the Vikings start but they've been in a borderline playoff or "just a QB away" from being a SB contender mode for a couple of years, so they're going to get more attention even if their start game for game may not be as impressive as the 49ers start. Give it time. If they earn it, the attention will come. They just need to earn it for longer than 2 games.
Share 49ersWebzone