There are 176 users in the forums

I wish more analysts had the guts to feature the Niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm sick of watching NFL network/ESPN and seeing these analysts shy away from the Niners like they're waiting for us to win the Superbowl before they claim that we're the real deal. Whenever theres something about the Niners on Playbook or another show it's "oh Frank Gore" or "Crabtree this, Crabtree that, look at me I'm gay."

During todays real or fake segment with Fran and Mike Martz Fran shy'd away saying "I need to see more, Seattle had injuries" and Martz said fake most likely cause we fired his mumbling ass. I just don't get it, the Vikes who were down to the Lions at the half have only beat them and Cleveland, we beat the NFC champs and a Seattle team that was predicted to be the big NFC West contender, where is the love?
Well they all got burned in 2007 when everyone was jumping on the bandwagon after a 2-0 start. If we can run the ball against the vikings, we can run the ball on anyone. The first two games told us where we're at in the NFC west: on top. This next game tells us where we are in the NFC.

I would also like to point out that I have a bad feeling about any game with Bret Favre in it vs the 49ers.
Actually, we've been getting tons of love (maybe more than we deserve thus far), but the table is split, and we still have a lot to prove (the coaches/players know this to be true as well).
Hmm yeah, 2007 probably did burn them a bit but if you look at the wins that we had they were both pretty ugly. We beat the cards by a point with the ugliest offensive play calling ever and at the time they weren't the defending NFC champs, and the next week we beat the Rams by a point . I don't remember being as excited about the team as I am now.

I also forgot to add that after saying the Niners are fake that Martz went on to say that Denver and the Jets are the real deal at 2-0 . I don't disagree with the Jets being real, but come on.
Originally posted by Mospeed:
Hmm yeah, 2007 probably did burn them a bit but if you look at the wins that we had they were both pretty ugly. We beat the cards by a point with the ugliest offensive play calling ever and at the time they weren't the defending NFC champs, and the next week we beat the Rams by a point . I don't remember being as excited about the team as I am now.

I also forgot to add that after saying the Niners are fake that Martz went on to say that Denver and the Jets are the real deal at 2-0 . I don't disagree with the Jets being real, but come on.

Martz is a creepy/fat piece of s**t, getting an accurate opinion from that a*****e is like getting BJ lessons from an AIDS victim, you're going to get some terribly misleading results!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Hmm yeah, 2007 probably did burn them a bit but if you look at the wins that we had they were both pretty ugly. We beat the cards by a point with the ugliest offensive play calling ever and at the time they weren't the defending NFC champs, and the next week we beat the Rams by a point . I don't remember being as excited about the team as I am now. I also forgot to add that after saying the Niners are fake that Martz went on to say that Denver and the Jets are the real deal at 2-0 . I don't disagree with the Jets being real, but come on.
Martz is a creepy/fat piece of s**t, getting an accurate opinion from that a*****e is like getting BJ lessons from an AIDS victim, you're going to get some terribly misleading results!

If the Niners beat the Vikings, you will be overwhelmed with good press my friend.

Remember Buffalo last year? They got tons of love after going 4-0. It's on the 49ers to beat the Vikings and shock the NFL.
Brian Billick said on Mike and Mike in the morning that were the real deal.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
I'm sick of watching NFL network/ESPN and seeing these analysts shy away from the Niners like they're waiting for us to win the Superbowl before they claim that we're the real deal. Whenever theres something about the Niners on Playbook or another show it's "oh Frank Gore" or "Crabtree this, Crabtree that, look at me I'm gay."

During todays real or fake segment with Fran and Mike Martz Fran shy'd away saying "I need to see more, Seattle had injuries" and Martz said fake most likely cause we fired his mumbling ass. I just don't get it, the Vikes who were down to the Lions at the half have only beat them and Cleveland, we beat the NFC champs and a Seattle team that was predicted to be the big NFC West contender, where is the love?

I don't care how much press we get. If we can go to the Vikings & win then we will get plenty of good press. Go 49ers!

Originally posted by KALI-KING:
Brian Billick said on Mike and Mike in the morning that were the real deal.

I like Brian Billick. He stays positive about the sea hawks and niners during the game. I was so tired of Ron Pitts and the other guy. Billick correctly called a couple of plays before the niners and sea hawks ran them. I hope he calls all of the niner games this year. I realized how old Jimmy Raye was when Billick said Raye was his first coach in the NFL.

I really don't care about the press. I would rather the niners stay as the under dog.
[ Edited by fister30 on Sep 23, 2009 at 5:30 AM ]
If anything its more of an indictment of the NFC west, rather than the niners. Had the Cardinals gone 12-4 last year, then yes we would get more respect. Had the Seahawks won a game 28-0 against the steelers, again we would get respect. But they didn't, the Cards were 9-7 last year with 6 wins against the NFC west, and the Seahawks beat up on the rams.

Lets not fool ourselves into thinking we are better than we actually are. We ARE the best team in the west, but where does that put us against the NFL, probably around #10-13. Analysts are staying away from us because of these next few games against some quality opponents. If we go 4-2, then yes we legit contenders in the NFL, but we could just as easily go 3-3 or 2-4.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If we beat Favre and the Vikings, people will start to take notice.
I prefer we stay under the radar, however that is not reality. If you look at the spread in Vegas (Vikings by &) that tells you that many still do not take us seriously.
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
I prefer we stay under the radar, however that is not reality. If you look at the spread in Vegas (Vikings by &) that tells you that many still do not take us seriously.

Agreed.

Niners are this year's best kept secret. Let's see how long that lasts.
Share 49ersWebzone