There are 196 users in the forums

Think Shaun Hill goes to Minnesota with a Chip on his shoulder?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Think Shaun Hill goes to Minnesota with a Chip on his shoulder?

Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Interesting spin, with AP and Favre and 2-0, and the Williamseseses I think this story may get lost in the shuffle.

I seriously think no-one will give a f*** that Hill used to "play" in Minnesota. I bet he took a s**t in one of their toilets too!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Who cares if he has a chip on his shoulder. Hill is a 3rd string Qb who just happens to be starting because we have nothing better. With that being said, go noodle arm!

[ Edited by mayo63 on Sep 22, 2009 at 10:19 AM ]
Not really. They gave him a shot at the NFL. Had they not taken him as an undrafted free agent, he might not even be in the league right now. He never really stood a chance to get the starting gig there, and probably understood that well. While I think he would love to go out there and win, i think it has more to do with the 49ers than a personal vendetta against the Vikings...
Not sure if he will have a chip on his shoulder but I expect continued improvements from his first 2 games, If Hill comes out and plays smart (not turn the ball over) and makes a hand full of good plays throughout the game, I feel we can come out of there with a win.

I really think this game is gonna be a defensive battle and the team that makes the least mistakes pockets the victory.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
uh, no.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Originally posted by WINiner:
I hope Hill plays exactly the way he has been. I don't think Hill is possible of putting a team on his shoulders and trying to do anything more then he has been will have bad bad results imo

Dude, you really shouldn't post when you are drunk!

you know what, drunk or not you do hold some truth to what you say. If you read singletary's words, it kind of told me something. When asked if hill has to put the team on his shoulders to win the game Sing replied, well i hope we dont have to do that i dont want to put the team on his shoulders.

Well i think this speaks volumes in my opinion, and says that he doenst feel comfortable enough to the put the team on Hill's back. Because you take any other team and they leave it up to the offense and the QB to lead us to victory, if the running offense fails. However, with our squad he even said he hopes under no circumstances that it happens. I mean take out Gore's two runs, and once again our passing offense sucks.

So i say no chip because he hasnt proved much yet. But it is still early.

Either way Go niners:)

That's not what he said.

Quote:

"Hopefully, we never have to ask him to do that," Singletary said. "Hopefully, we don't have to have a quarterback in position to just take us and put us on his back and take us down the field. I believe what he's doing right now has been good enough the first two games.

Now Big Brotha K, really. Really brotha. Ok granted he didnt say hill's name, but we all know who he's talkin bout. still dont want us to take a quarterback, put the team on his back and take us down the field.

Usually mod's dont write too much, but i honestly think you could of kept this response in the closet. Either way it's like you say tomato, i say tomatoe, spell it anyway, but mean the same thing. So maybe i didnt quote directly, but the fact of the statement still stands..
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I just hope we win.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by Nabisko:
I hope so and I hope he breaks one of there corner backs fingers if they try to pick it and then grins over at Farve.

he cant throw that hard

The wind, from one of his "missle" like passes, could knock a lock of some guy's hair out of place.
Originally posted by susweel:
I just hope we win.

This X's a million
I just hope he doesn't get too excited like when he played in front of his family in St. Louis....

I hope Raye has a good game plan this week....

am I the only one who doesn't like the no back set on 1st or 2nd downs.... 3rd downs are fine.... but the 1st 2 downs, I would like the opposing defense to at least have to think about the run....especially since we have a running back like Gore.

No special meaning for Hill IMO. More concern should be on Jared Allen
I hope Hill plays exactly the way he has been. I don't think Hill is possible of putting a team on his shoulders and trying to do anything more then he has been will have bad bad results imo

you know what, drunk or not you do hold some truth to what you say. If you read singletary's words, it kind of told me something. When asked if hill has to put the team on his shoulders to win the game Sing replied, well i hope we dont have to do that i dont want to put the team on his shoulders.

Well i think this speaks volumes in my opinion, and says that he doenst feel comfortable enough to the put the team on Hill's back. Because you take any other team and they leave it up to the offense and the QB to lead us to victory, if the running offense fails. However, with our squad he even said he hopes under no circumstances that it happens. I mean take out Gore's two runs, and once again our passing offense sucks.

That's not what he said.

Quote:

"Hopefully, we never have to ask him to do that," Singletary said. "Hopefully, we don't have to have a quarterback in position to just take us and put us on his back and take us down the field. I believe what he's doing right now has been good enough the first two games.

Now Big Brotha K, really. Really brotha. Ok granted he didnt say hill's name, but we all know who he's talkin bout. still dont want us to take a quarterback, put the team on his back and take us down the field.

Usually mod's dont write too much, but i honestly think you could of kept this response in the closet. Either way it's like you say tomato, i say tomatoe, spell it anyway, but mean the same thing. So maybe i didnt quote directly, but the fact of the statement still stands..

Right...even though Singletary cleverly didn't give a straight answer, it pretty much means the same. In Singletary's opinion, Hill doesn't have what it takes to carry the team on his shoulders. If Hill was a capable QB, again in his opinion, he would have surely said otherwise.
I think Singletary knows that this year, Shaun Hill is our best bet. He's just trying to get the best out of him.
Originally posted by 49ersking:

That's not what he said.

Quote:

Right...even though Singletary cleverly didn't give a straight answer, it pretty much means the same. In Singletary's opinion, Hill doesn't have what it takes to carry the team on his shoulders. If Hill was a capable QB, again in his opinion, he would have surely said otherwise.
I think Singletary knows that this year, Shaun Hill is our best bet. He's just trying to get the best out of him.

when has Shaun gave the impression that he can't take the team on his shoulders...

actually WTF does that even mean?

how often are winning teams in position to have to have a QB "take a team on their shoulders"

if you have a winning team, like our 9ers, the only position where Hill would have to do more than he is expected is when our running game is not working...

we have a winning team with a great defense....so the only time we would need Hill to do this is if our running game is not working.............oh wait... that's right we didn't have running game against the Cards this year, at Arizona....but Hill came through and drove the team for the game deciding TD.

oh wait, the team last year had no running game either..... Gore and company were struggling..... but Shaun won games with his arm... driving down field by passing the ball to the likes of Bruce, Morgan, Jason Hill, Walker....etc... not a perceived set of elite receivers.

If that is not considered "caring a team on your back" then I don't know what is
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

That's not what he said.

Quote:

I think you look too much into it. What I see is that Singletary is talking about the QB position in general. That he hopes he doesn't have to rely on a QB to guide us to a win. If you have to rely on your QB to guide you to a W, then that could mean two things IMO, one, your team is behind and we need to pass in order to catch up. Two, the defense cannot stop the opposing team from scoring and your QB has to take control of the game with a shootout. That's the picture I'm getting from Singletary's statement.

Other than from how you see it as, Singletary hopes he doesn't have to depend on Shaun Hill period. See the difference in the two. Obviously we all know your a big Smith supporter and hoped he won the QB competition, so you have to nit pick everything said about Hill or the QB position, don't think I don't keep an eye on everyone's post??

That's not what he said.

Quote:

I think you look too much into it. What I see is that Singletary is talking about the QB position in general. That he hopes he doesn't have to rely on a QB to guide us to a win. If you have to rely on your QB to guide you to a W, then that could mean two things IMO, one, your team is behind and we need to pass in order to catch up. Two, the defense cannot stop the opposing team from scoring and your QB has to take control of the game with a shootout. That's the picture I'm getting from Singletary's statement.

Other than from how you see it as, Singletary hopes he doesn't have to depend on Shaun Hill period. See the difference in the two. Obviously we all know your a big Smith supporter and hoped he won the QB competition, so you have to nit pick everything said about Hill or the QB position, don't think I don't keep an eye on everyone's post??

Big K, i didnt know you watched some of us small fish. But i too watch what you type brotha, and being that this is an opinion zone. Now you see, im glad you pointed out the smith support. However and a big however, this has nothing to do with smith. And honestly i want hill to play the entire season whether good or bad. He's the starter and i support him. However no disrespect brotha, but at times you too, downplay when someone makes a valid argument. YOu too brotha may not say it, but at times you yourself come off as a hill supporter.

Sometimes your a stick by your guns Mod, and sometimes your glass half full, and half empty. All behind the scenes with the emphasis on sneaking your mindframe in a little. And thats all good.

So dont think i too dont keep an eye on the mods either. Just recently someone called you on your way of thinking and you rephrased and i quote started with, all im saying is. So as a mod you get your props, but site creator or not you have a bias, you have your like and dislikes and in that aspect you are a fan just like me. WE can agree to disagree, but please dont put words in my mouth, or even talk about me nit picking.

Yeah we have two wins, however, i want to see more out of the qb play. I want to see the ball spread more. Sing will never call out a player, remember Vernon Davis. Cant play with them, cant do it, if they think they are above the team. Now this came right after the Davis incident. Now according to your mind frame, this is just a general statement. But let me ask you this, as you say what you feel, whats wrong with me saying what i think is really meant when reading between the lines, nothing at all.

And come on with the low blows, smith supporter. Its funny how i have never even brought up smith after the competition, and actually was one of the smith supporters that said, Hill won, now show us whaat we can do. There are many other here that arent happy with hill's production either. So dont knock a brotha if they dont think like you, or hold players or positions to a certain standard. KNow what i mean. And by the way be careful, cuz i'll be watching too
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Sep 22, 2009 at 6:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone