LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Think Shaun Hill goes to Minnesota with a Chip on his shoulder?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Think Shaun Hill goes to Minnesota with a Chip on his shoulder?

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Originally posted by zozell:
As we all know, this was the first NFL team he "played" for. Never been activated in a game. Until the infamous "KNEEL DOWN" That's all they used him for was one pathetic kneel down.

Do you think Shaun Hill goes into this game thinking, you guys cut me, and now I am the starting QB of the greatest franchise in NFL History, one who produced 2 back to back Hall Of Fame QBs...

I think he goes in with this chip on his shoulder, though he will never admit it due to his humility. Moreover, I predict him to have better stats than Favre on the day... Book It!

The perfect way to end this game is smith kneeling down for the SF win....

one up em and put in davis. or do a no WR set and have all 3 QB's in the backfield kneel all at once lol

Hahahahaah that's like a glitch you'd see on Tecmo Super Bowl!
I hope Hill plays exactly the way he has been. I don't think Hill is possible of putting a team on his shoulders and trying to do anything more then he has been will have bad bad results imo
From his Jim Rome interview he didn't seem the least bit bitter at Minnesota. The way he explains it is that the guys in front of him just stayed healthy. They did the opposite here so he got his opportunity here and made the most of it. If anything he might feel comfortable in the dome, but I don't think he has a bad bone in his body.
Originally posted by Nabisko:
I hope so and I hope he breaks one of there corner backs fingers if they try to pick it and then grins over at Farve.

+1
I'm sure were gonna see a more aggressive Shaun Hill this sunday.....

AND I WILL BE THERE...GOT MY TICKETS 2 MONTHS AGO
Hill wants to play well not for revenge but because he has friends on the Vikings and family coming up to see him play. Lets hope he does not do another Rams game well maybe we should hope he does another Ram game we did win that one.
No, but I bet he goes in there with Joecool riding on his shoulder telling him how freaking awesome he is.
I just hope he comes out has a good game & we win.
Originally posted by WINiner:
I hope Hill plays exactly the way he has been. I don't think Hill is possible of putting a team on his shoulders and trying to do anything more then he has been will have bad bad results imo

Dude, you really shouldn't post when you are drunk!
I don't see why he would

uh, no.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Originally posted by zozell:
As we all know, this was the first NFL team he "played" for. Never been activated in a game. Until the infamous "KNEEL DOWN" That's all they used him for was one pathetic kneel down.

Do you think Shaun Hill goes into this game thinking, you guys cut me, and now I am the starting QB of the greatest franchise in NFL History, one who produced 2 back to back Hall Of Fame QBs...

I think he goes in with this chip on his shoulder, though he will never admit it due to his humility. Moreover, I predict him to have better stats than Favre on the day... Book It!

The perfect way to end this game is smith kneeling down for the SF win....

one up em and put in davis. or do a no WR set and have all 3 QB's in the backfield kneel all at once lol

Hahahahaah that's like a glitch you'd see on Tecmo Super Bowl!

hahaha yup, maybe were on to something, call it the wild dog formation hahaha
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Interesting spin, with AP and Favre and 2-0, and the Williamseseses I think this story may get lost in the shuffle.

I seriously think no-one will give a f*** that Hill used to "play" in Minnesota. I bet he took a s**t in one of their toilets too!

X2... We wouldnt start him if we had the QBs that they had on their roster either.
Originally posted by NJNiner:

you know what, drunk or not you do hold some truth to what you say. If you read singletary's words, it kind of told me something. When asked if hill has to put the team on his shoulders to win the game Sing replied, well i hope we dont have to do that i dont want to put the team on his shoulders.

Well i think this speaks volumes in my opinion, and says that he doenst feel comfortable enough to the put the team on Hill's back. Because you take any other team and they leave it up to the offense and the QB to lead us to victory, if the running offense fails. However, with our squad he even said he hopes under no circumstances that it happens. I mean take out Gore's two runs, and once again our passing offense sucks.

Any team that believes in their QB, their coaches, and evaluators will say this quarterback can lead us here or there, and put the game on their shoulders. I just think Hill is our QB, but i just question on how much confidence sing has in hill, besides the being a game manager aspect.

So i say no chip because he hasnt proved much yet. But it is still early.

Either way Go niners:)
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Sep 22, 2009 at 8:49 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by NJNiner:

you know what, drunk or not you do hold some truth to what you say. If you read singletary's words, it kind of told me something. When asked if hill has to put the team on his shoulders to win the game Sing replied, well i hope we dont have to do that i dont want to put the team on his shoulders.

Well i think this speaks volumes in my opinion, and says that he doenst feel comfortable enough to the put the team on Hill's back. Because you take any other team and they leave it up to the offense and the QB to lead us to victory, if the running offense fails. However, with our squad he even said he hopes under no circumstances that it happens. I mean take out Gore's two runs, and once again our passing offense sucks.

So i say no chip because he hasnt proved much yet. But it is still early.

Either way Go niners:)

That's not what he said.

Quote:

"Hopefully, we never have to ask him to do that," Singletary said. "Hopefully, we don't have to have a quarterback in position to just take us and put us on his back and take us down the field. I believe what he's doing right now has been good enough the first two games.
Share 49ersWebzone