There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 2 vs. Seahawks)

• obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I have questions because:

-no one other than Frank Gore has scored a TD (lack of offensive balance)
-our RT still gave up sacks and got beat to force a fumble on Hill

We looked a lot better than last week so it's good to improve, but I'm curious to see if we can create a dominate game plan against a team we aren't so familiar with

Next week vs. Minny should give us a good idea of where we stand. We win...Playoffs here we come. We lose close...We're still a good football team, but not there yet. We lose big...God help us.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Good game. Gore dominates. Hill manages well. We win.

Pretty much all that needs to be said.

My only complaint is to dump that stupid gimmick wildcat offense. The wildcat doesn't work.
Snyder sucks.
I don't know about you guys but I feel like a guaranteed way to stop the niners is to keep 8-9 men in the box all the time. The seahawks were doing this all game and obviously couldn't stop gore on 2 plays, but other than that the niners couldn't do anything. I get frustrated when the defense brings 6-7 guys on pressure and Hill cannot find anybody open? So I feel just blitz 2 linebackers along with the 4 man rush and play tight man coverage on the outside and the niners are shutdown.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
I have questions because:

-no one other than Frank Gore has scored a TD (lack of offensive balance)
-our RT still gave up sacks and got beat to force a fumble on Hill

We looked a lot better than last week so it's good to improve, but I'm curious to see if we can create a dominate game plan against a team we aren't so familiar with

Vikings are a good team.

Next week we will know if Hill can "just do enough" to win. It's a HUGE game coming up and a great test to see if the 49ers can win against a non-divisional play-off team.
Very questionable play calling by Raye. Hill was manageable as always. Next week I'd like to see him throw a td pass to a receiver.
Hill was 19/26

I believe Bruce dropped 2 passes and Vernon dropped on easy pass.... so that's like 3 completions right there....so could've been 22/26...but coulda shoulda what ever...fine game

I have a feeling we are going to be passing it alot more next week.
Originally posted by kingairta:
Luck? Did you see those holes?

One complaint here well two. One is the damn wildcat. What the hell are we doing running it? and two is Hill and his accuracy down the field.

actually when they did it on the miss to Vern was perfect timing. just a lil overthrown.
Obviously, Gore was a the offense today. And he was amazing. But I wan to give a little love to a guy I think was critical today as well. That's Moran Norris.

The guy dished out some key blocks that allowed Frank to run all over the place. But he also had some pretty nifty plays of his own. That pass reception on 3rd down when we were backed up may have been the play that saved this game. If we had given the ball back to them with a short field it could have been a totally different second half. And they had Norris stopped short, but he displayed some nice moves on got the first. That was clutch.

So, to honor the man, I'm purposing a new nick name for him: "Big Guns." Or maybe just "Guns." But that guy has the biggest arms on the team. And he wears number 44 (as in .44 caliber). So it just makes sense.

Way to go, "Big Guns!"
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Hill was 19/26

I believe Bruce dropped 2 passes and Vernon dropped on easy pass.... so that's like 3 completions right there....so could've been 22/26...but coulda shoulda what ever...fine game

I have a feeling we are going to be passing it alot more next week.

Don't forget that medium pass to Walker that was called back due to holding.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by Peanut49:
I haven't felt this good about our club in a long time. However I think we haven't answered our off-season needs. The run blocking looked horrible last week, although much better this week(2 79+ runs is almost luck rather than skill), I still don't see a solid run support either way. We have a bunch of tough nosed defensive lines to face upcoming in this season. So, we won't always have the same success as we had today. Not sure what to make of it, but I feel as though we may not have the passing game needed to win this division(If Dilfer is out a while I think we can go game for game with the Cards though). We need a real deep threat and a QB who can make those passes, which we for sure lack at the moment.

Again this is a great start!

Why is this guy spamming the same thought in every topic and even making up his own topic to say the same thing??

Haha, I feel like an ass. However to my defense I made the topic first it was deleted and merged with out me knowing. I copied and posted in a more appropriate thread, then edited it after seeing it was merged. The Dilfer thing is just me drinking with my buddies watching the game or whatever and posting. I still think of Dilfer when ever I see Hasselbeck drop back. =(

On topic: We still don't have a passing game.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Good game. Gore dominates. Hill manages well. We win.

Pretty much all that needs to be said.

My only complaint is to dump that stupid gimmick wildcat offense. The wildcat doesn't work.

actually I liked that play call on 3rd and very long.... usually we just run it there or a screen....on that situation... Spurlock could have ran for a big gain...but if they came up to stop him, he could find a open man down field..like he almost did...

so once in a while this garbage wild tazer cat thing can come in handy.
What happened to Josh Morgan lol he didnt catch anything...
we need to air it alittle more and balance it b.c I dont think Gore can bust 200 yards each game and make 2 tds... but i wish he could
Offense is still a big problem.

This game was not as close as the score suggests. I never doubted we would win.

But our offense still sucked. I mean, aside from Gore's two TD runs, what happened? (We did move the ball better than last week, though.) And there were still some real headscratchers in the playcalling.

Oh, and eff the Wildcat.
[ Edited by dobophile on Sep 20, 2009 at 4:28 PM ]
we need a bigger arm at QB