LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 2 vs. Seahawks)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boomer49er:
This offense is not sustainable. We need a QB who can threaten deep, Hill sometimes throws the deep ball but usually checks down, and the ones he does throw are not on target.

I find it hard to believe that we wouldn't be getting better production with Smith.

It isn't that hard to believe.......

oh wait, yes it is
[ Edited by AKfanster on Sep 20, 2009 at 6:02 PM ]
Lots of good things, already mentioned, but a couple of areas of concern is that 2 week in a row now, when we had the chance to really ice the game by just sustaining drives/retaining possession, we couldn't. Was it the play-calling or the execution? Both, I think. And the run game effectively disappeared after Gore's 2nd long one. Not to say we didn't try, it just wasn't effective; shades of Arizona.
And, it wasn't really a big deal today, but Hill really needs to connect with his receivers (other than Bruce, that is). Hey, but 2 wins. Can't complain about that!
Great seeing Gore get two 79+ runs for TD and the OL doing a good job with the run.

Gave up another 4 sacks and on track for 60+ sacks this season.

Concerned about how we keep going 3 and out in the 3rd qtr. other teams making better adjustments at half time, however we end up getting to the 4th qtr. and have a 9 min drive, last week in the 4th it was a 7+ minute drive thank you defense for surviving the 3rd qtr.

Why does Raye run on a 3rd and 5 on Seattle 30? We have a pro bowl kicker pass the damn thing and try to get a first down if it doesn’t work out Nedney can still make that kick.

Thank you Atlanta! Carolina is now 0-2 after looking at there schedule I predict they go 5-11, 6-10 and we get a top 10 pick in the 1st round.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Noodle arm is going to have to throw the ball next week, Minnesota has a real good rush defense.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
This offense is not sustainable. We need a QB who can threaten deep, Hill sometimes throws the deep ball but usually checks down, and the ones he does throw are not on target.

I find it hard to believe that we wouldn't be getting better production with Smith.

you guys just never give it up.......let me ask you Alexers a question.

DID ALEX COMPLETE ONE DEEP PASS in all his opportunities this preseason...

forget that! DID ALEX ATTEMPT ONE DEEP PASS AT ALL?

NO!

this is one of the supposed benefits we would get out of Alex being our Starter...and he couldn't even show case it......I would rather have a QB who wins us games, than the occasional deep pass that might not be completed (its not like we have burners out there)

Hill is doing fine...and when we have needed him in the regular season to drive down field and get us a score with his "noodle" arm, he has came through for us....

Today with a fieldgoal....last week with a TD.....and of course many many example last year as well.

next week we are going need for him to pass more... I just hope Raye has a game plan that keeps the Vikes off balance....instead of this obvious 3rd and longs where everyone knows we have to pass.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 20, 2009 at 5:39 PM ]
Good game. Hope we make adjustments so we can make some plays against the Vikings defense next week. 2-0 baby!
  • Mex49
POWER RUNNING MUTHER f**kERS
ground game was amazing. Now that passing game couldn't beat a pop warner team. Hill you have WR's on the field to catch passes not to block for your dinks and dunks to get 2 more yards.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo63:
Noodle arm is going to have to throw the ball next week, Minnesota has a real good rush defense.

could've sworn Hill guided us to a TD winning drive last week with our offense only rushing for 30 yards on 20 carries or whatever it was.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by AKfanster:

you guys just never give it up.......let me ask you Alexers a question.

DID ALEX COMPLETE ONE DEEP PASS in all his opportunities this preseason...

forget that! DID ALEX ATTEMPT ONE DEEP PASS AT ALL?

NO!

this is one of the supposed benefits we would get out of Alex being our Starter...and he couldn't even show case it......I would rather have a QB who wins us games, than the occasional deep pass that might not be completed (its not like we have burners out there)

Hill is doing fine...and when we have needed him in the regular season to drive down field and get us a score with his "noodle" arm, he has came through for us....

Today with a fieldgoal....last week with a TD.....and of course many many example last year as well.

next week we are going need for him to pass more... I just hope Raye has a game plan that keeps the Vikes off balance....instead of this obvious 3rd and longs where everyone knows we have to pass.

WORD! If Hill starts throwing picks and has a few fumbles in a game, then I'll start to wonder IF Smith could do any better. Until then, I'm content with Hill running this throwback offense.
I find it hard to believe that people think Smith COULD do any better.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by mayo63:

could've sworn Hill guided us to a TD winning drive last week with our offense only rushing for 30 yards on 20 carries or whatever it was.

Just salty balls cuz his thread got locked
We won the game. Both Arizona and Seattle looked bad against us because we made them look bad. They are both good teams as showed by Arizona today. But they looked bad because they played the 49ers.

Oline did better and we got 200+ yards of runnng offense. Almost 200 yards of passing offense. We also put more points on the board than Seattle and thus we won.

We had 2 touchdowns negated by penalties - Rossum's punt return and a nice long pass by Hill. So we had some additional offense but got stopped by ourselves. So offense was moving and we slowed it down, not Seattle.

Would have been nice to see the Wildcat work a bit and see better distribution to the wide receivers, and more to VD. But I will take the win any day.

Looks like they are working out the kinks in the offense. We passed the Seattle test. Now we go for the Minnesota test. I think that they are beatable. If Hill does just enough to win next week I will take it and be very very happy.

Good job Niners!!
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
We won the game. Both Arizona and Seattle looked bad against us because we made them look bad. They are both good teams as showed by Arizona today. But they looked bad because they played the 49ers.

Oline did better and we got 200+ yards of runnng offense. Almost 200 yards of passing offense. We also put more points on the board than Seattle and thus we won.

We had 2 touchdowns negated by penalties - Rossum's punt return and a nice long pass by Hill. So we had some additional offense but got stopped by ourselves. So offense was moving and we slowed it down, not Seattle.

Would have been nice to see the Wildcat work a bit and see better distribution to the wide receivers, and more to VD. But I will take the win any day.

Looks like they are working out the kinks in the offense. We passed the Seattle test. Now we go for the Minnesota test. I think that they are beatable. If Hill does just enough to win next week I will take it and be very very happy.

Good job Niners!!

There was also the long pass from Hill that Bruce dropped which would've at least gave us another 3 points on the board.
For the love of all things good and holy... NO MORE TASER/WILDCAT PLEASE!!

"He runs hard. You can sometimes hear him grunt as he runs.''

Re: Frank Gore by Aaron Curry... That's funny stuff...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/scoreboards/2009/09/20/3415_viewcast_recap.html[url=null]null[/url]
Share 49ersWebzone