There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Allen Rossum - He fell off

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
...Now I will say that we should be working in the occasional guy so that we can get them going. Kind of like what Walsh used to do with Montana to keep him healthy. If we're up and the game is out of reach for our opponent, pull him and send in the 2nd and 3rd teamer. Which is one reason why this team hasn't done much over the last 5-7 years and not seen a playoff berth since what '02?
~Ceadder

I can't even remember the last time we put a game out of reach??

The Steve Young era?

Most of our games have been out of reach the last several year. And I have had to walk away from a few with disgust.

WTH are you guys talking about
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
...Now I will say that we should be working in the occasional guy so that we can get them going. Kind of like what Walsh used to do with Montana to keep him healthy. If we're up and the game is out of reach for our opponent, pull him and send in the 2nd and 3rd teamer. Which is one reason why this team hasn't done much over the last 5-7 years and not seen a playoff berth since what '02?
~Ceadder

I can't even remember the last time we put a game out of reach??

The Steve Young era?

St. Louis plays us 2 games of the season right? lol

~Ceadder
I hear you, but I think with Sings strategy. It is all about field position.
Has anyone watched Sheets return kicks? I would bet had he performed better in that role he would have made the 53 man roster.

We all know Coach Sing puts the players who gives us the best chance to win on the field not the "teacher's pets".

I'll take sure hands and good field position any day. Especially with tne new rules with the no wedge.

Rossum all the way.
Bummer on the penalty but he DOES look very slow and indecisive.
I feel that Rossum has looked terrible so far this year.

Sheets or Spurlock can do what he is doing return wise, however i love the idea of screens and draws with sheets burst as an option for Jimmy Raye.

Make the most of the 53 man roster and get the young man some touches.

If Gore does go down I would like to know that Coffee and Sheets have seen action and are ready to carry the load until Frank can return. Please understand I would hate to see Gore out for any reason, therefore this swap is logical to me based on the terrible return job Rossum has done.

Oh, i forgot.. i do think either Sheets or Spurlock could have returned the fake revese that got called back just as well as Rossum.

Any thoughts?
[ Edited by rubicon on Sep 21, 2009 at 1:01 PM ]
You did see the TD run that Rossum had, but nullified by Coffee's dumb penalty? If Coffee didn't block the player in the back, Rossum still would have broke that TD run.

Pay more attention next game.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I don't know. Rossum won't make mistakes and he just returned one for a TD if it wasn't for the refs.
[ Edited by B650 on Sep 21, 2009 at 1:02 PM ]
Definitely not impressed with how Rossum has played so far (with the one exception of his nullified TD return), but I'm not sure you want to make sudden roster changes (unless you have to) after starting 2-0...especially cutting a veteran with a strong track record and going with an unproven rookie in that key role.

In other words, let's consider being patient, but let's also keep an eye on it.
[ Edited by GoFD74 on Sep 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM ]
Originally posted by djfullshred:
You did see the TD run that Rossum had, but nullified by Coffee's dumb penalty? If Coffee didn't block the player in the back, Rossum still would have broke that TD run.

This.
folks night as well start a kill Rossum campaign I've never seen a guy catch so much heat when he's never done anything to hurt the team
Originally posted by NickSh49:

This.

This x2

Maybe I'm getting old, but I didn't think it was so cut and dry that if Coffee hadn't pushed the Seattle player from behind, that Rossum would've gotten past him.
Originally posted by lamontb:
folks night as well start a kill Rossum campaign I've never seen a guy catch so much heat when he's never done anything to hurt the team

Yeah really this threads banging on Rossum are ridiculous. Does anybody pay attention?