LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Allen Rossum - He fell off

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Since the middle of last season and continueing today.... Rossum quickly heads to one side of the field and up the sidelines.

Rossum gig is to every time try to run it up the field sideline.

He never heads straight up the middle of field and then tries to zig zag .

He catches the ball and first move, run towards the left or right sideline...where every freak'en time he gets boxed in and pushed out of bounds.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
You did see the TD run that Rossum had, but nullified by Coffee's dumb penalty? If Coffee didn't block the player in the back, Rossum still would have broke that TD run.

Pay more attention next game.

This.

Re-read the guy's post. He mentions the return and that he felt either of the other 2 could have broken it as well. Not sure if that's true, but other than that run, Rossum has not impressed this year as much as last. Of course, it's only 2 games. Give him a few more before putting a rookie or unproven player in his place.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
bump
You guys obviously don't understand some things.

If Sheets was on the active roster, he WOULD NOT play. He'd probably even be inactive. I don't understand the clamoring for him. Give him time to develop on the PS because he wouldn't see the field on the active roster.

The Niners are correctly giving that spot to somebody who can contribute.
please explain to me how the hell Rossum has looked bad on returns he has only had 3 kickoff returns so far this year, and had 9 punt returns, and is currently 5th in punt returns, and thats not counting(obviously) the one that got called back.

We have some of the best Special teams in the league and people want to cut 2 of the best players we have that contribute to that in Rossum and M Rob
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
You did see the TD run that Rossum had, but nullified by Coffee's dumb penalty? If Coffee didn't block the player in the back, Rossum still would have broke that TD run.

Pay more attention next game.

This.

Re-read the guy's post. He mentions the return and that he felt either of the other 2 could have broken it as well. Not sure if that's true, but other than that run, Rossum has not impressed this year as much as last. Of course, it's only 2 games. Give him a few more before putting a rookie or unproven player in his place.

I guess people see things differently. I see the guy hustling on every return trying to make something happen, and it's not like he is slow or doesn't have moves. Big returns require more from the rest of the special teams' blocking than what we have seen thus far.
Anyone notice Rossum could not catch the damn ball. I swear he bobbled it 3 times.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Anyone notice Rossum could not catch the damn ball. I swear he bobbled it 3 times.

yea, but i still like him as our return man.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Plus its in a lousy dome with speakers and big screens to lose sight of the ball.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for MertonHanks.
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by Method:
I know many of you guys like Allen Rossum as our kick return/ punt return guy, but I think he's done. I feel like the kick/punt returner should be a player who may not have one of the best averages, but is a threat to take it to the house every time he gets the ball. I'd much rather have someone who can do that over someone like Allen who has a very high average but has a very slim chance of taking it all the way.

A guy like Josh Cribbs, who only has 2 touchdowns for his career as a returner, is still feared by every team that kicks it to him so they actually have to game plan a little more for the threat. For Allen, no one gives a s**t because the dude doesn't have that extra gear anymore.

Are you happy with Allen's play or do you, like I do, hope we get a new PR/KR?

as long as he never fumbles, he's ok in my books

He came very very close to fumbling on what, 3 kicks yesterday? I know he miffed at least 2 of them.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

ran back two kickoffs in one game with him in madden he's still good

this guy dropped the ball 3 times on kick offs...
once ok twice 3rd
Was impressed with him last year but was disappointed by yesterday's performance. Short of his one good return, felt his decision making, catching, and running were below his standard. Thoughts of What Would Spurlock Do kept arising....
OH NOES! Let's bring back Dexter Carter! lol
he may be pressing.....dropping lots of kickoffs.................hesitant in his cuts................not getting upfield quickly.......................his play has dropped off from last year................if he doesn't improve I would hope we would try someone else possibly after the bye week.
Share 49ersWebzone