There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Where are all the "realists" posters?

• jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
I also find it comical that Sabrason and singfan are no shows. I can't say I'm surprised though. Oh well, they'll show up after the first loss so we'll see them at some point just not while we're winning.
  • Squirrel
  • Info N/A
I'm not a realist. I prefer to stick to Impressionism or quite possibly Cubism.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I had us at 8-8, but that counted the opener as a loss. I also counted Chicago as a loss but I now think we should beat them at home.

I think we'll be in the mix in the end. Sunday is huge!

I didn't think they'd beat Zona,Sunday is huge alright, if they beat Seattle then the season could really be something IMO, I'd have to re think 4-12 , a lot is riding on Raye and The Noodle Arm
Originally posted by Squirrel:

Originally posted by SalvadorDali:

No love for surrealism?

[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Sep 17, 2009 at 7:07 AM ]
  • Squirrel
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

No love for surrealism?

Hey, surrealism is cool and all, but it's just beyond me.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

No love for surrealism?

Hey, surrealism is cool and all, but it's just beyond me.

Yeah, you kinda' left that....

Impression.

No?

• rob28
  • Veteran
1 no
2 no
3 7-9
Originally posted by Ether:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
If our defense continues with the type of pass rush it had against the Cardinals, then we will almost certainly have a winning record and probably win the division.

However, this does not take away from the fact that our offense is shooting itself in the foot by being utterly predictable to the point where the opposing team can confidently send run blitzes most of the time, tackling us in the backfield.

Regardless of our future record, its frustrating to watch a team that shoots itself in the foot.

Teams don't fear our quarterback, whether or not that is fair, its true. Therefore, they will ALWAYS try and stop our running game first. Always.

Therefore, we should try and hurt them with a handful of medium range passes until they back off, THEN hurt them with the run.

Its called "game theory."

Stubbornly sticking to one thing only, because its your "identity," or whatever other esoteric non-sense you want to call it, is called "stupidity."

Forgive me if I'm missing the point of this statement... but Frank Gore rushed for 22 times against the Cardinals. Shaun Hill threw 31 passes.

Sorry I'm late to the party. I still see 6-10 or 7-9. We will continue to see teams stacking the box, and if they learn from the Arizona game will see run blitzes against us.

While I was impressed with our pass rush, I want to see it sustained over several games.

My biggest concern on offense still is that we are one dimensional. Either we didn't get our receivers open much, or our QB didn't feel he had time to throw. I'm still
concerned about Hills arm strength and accuracy.
Originally posted by kronik:
I haven't seen alot of realists post since our week 1 victory. Are they all coincidentally too busy to visit the zone all of a sudden? Not trying to embarass them (well maybe a little) or anything but I have a few questions for you guys:

1. Did you guys think we were going to ARI and beat the defending NFC champions at their home?

2. Have your realistic views change since our victory?

3. What do you think our overall record will be this year?

Singfan, Sabrason, where are you guys????

I don’t know that I am a “Realist” but I would not say that I am a “Homer” either. I am just another arm chair coach with an opinion.

1. Did you guys think we were going to ARI and beat the defending NFC champions at their home?
Was not sure….. Thought we had a chance as we typically give them a run for their money.

No, I was surprised that our defense stepped up but our offense sputtered more then I thought it would so in all it was a wash. I was not surprised that Hill struggled. I am not a Smith fan but I seem to remember people getting all over him for not doing better when there were 8-9 in the box to stop Gore. Hmmm, Hill had the same opportunity to shine but didn’t. I really don’t think that we have a legit QB and question if he is even a game manager. That I think will hurt us in the end. I hope I am wrong.

I still think that 8-8 would be huge for us. I hope they prove me wrong but once offenses figure out our defense, we will be in trouble. Additionally, if our offense does not keep our defense off of the field, we will be in trouble.
If we beat the Seahawks this Sunday I will start to get excited ....... If we beat the Vikings the following week ...... I won't be able to contain myself and my 8-8 prediction goes flying out the window.
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by kronik:
I haven't seen alot of realists post since our week 1 victory. Are they all coincidentally too busy to visit the zone all of a sudden? Not trying to embarass them (well maybe a little) or anything but I have a few questions for you guys:

Singfan, Sabrason, where are you guys????

1. Nope, I did not. Still have my doubts, the Cards played a bad game, but our D really looked impressive. This next couple weeks should tell us more. It was only one game amd you can only take so much from it.

2. Not a lick.

3. Six wins at most, we have a tough schedule most of the way.
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Won't claim to be a realist and don't ever come on here bashing or anything but I still think we are a 7-9 or 8-8 team at best.

Some people are getting way too carried away with one win agianst the Cardinals.
1. It is the first game and against a divison team we match up with very well and always play well against
2. Our offense looked terrible minus 1 drive
3. IT WAS THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON!!!!!

Even if we beat Seattle this week it does not mean we will be 10-6 or 11-5. It just means we are on track to be 7-9 or 8-8 and that might be good enough to win a very bad division. I am really happy we won. This week against Seattle is huge and is a must win if the 9ers want to have a chance to win this division.

With that said, does anyone here really think we are now a top five team with a real threat to go 11-5 and win the superbowl this year based off of the first game of the season in which our offesne was terrible? If you answer yes then I don't think I am a realist I think I am just a reational person.

Now with all that said GO Niners and I hope they prove me wrong!!!!!

And we all think of you that way, scruffy beard, wearing fatigues, smoking a cigar.

(Oh, sorry, I thought you said "Cubanism.")