LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 174 users in the forums

Where are all the "realists" posters?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I haven't seen alot of realists post since our week 1 victory. Are they all coincidentally too busy to visit the zone all of a sudden? Not trying to embarass them (well maybe a little) or anything but I have a few questions for you guys:

1. Did you guys think we were going to ARI and beat the defending NFC champions at their home?

2. Have your realistic views change since our victory?

3. What do you think our overall record will be this year?

Singfan, Sabrason, where are you guys????
[ Edited by kronik on Sep 16, 2009 at 9:33 PM ]
Sabs got banned
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Sabs got banned

Did he? what did he do?
maybe in the parking lot

where this post should be
Sabs got banned

..and 'singfan' will only show up after we lose.

-9fA
I'm right here.......Let me ask you a question how many season opener games have we won in the last 5 years?? I'm glad we won but if you paid attention in the pre-season you would have seen Arizona struggeling.....now if we win our first 3 to 4 games I think we'll have a better season than I projected.

But ain't no way in hell I'm eating crow after the first game of the season......lol....Let's put together a string of wins first buddy.
Originally posted by kronik:
Sabs got banned

Did he? what did he do?

He didn't play well with others. I can't remember the subject . . . but he and BrodieFan got a little out of hand one day . . . I think Brodie got whacked too.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I haven't seen alot of realists post since our week 1 victory. Are they all coincidentally too busy to visit the zone all of a sudden? Not trying to embarass them (well maybe a little) or anything but I have a few questions for you guys:

1. Did you guys think we were going to ARI and beat the defending NFC champions at their home?

Quote:

Someone said you were lookin for me. HERE I GO!

1. I thought we had a chance cause Zona looked bad all preseason. Add the Breaston injury and Boldin out for a while. They couldn't have gotten in sync.

2. Not really. We still need a REAL QB and a better O-line. Though the defense played better than expected. But is that because they aren't yet in sync or did we really play that good? We'll see!

3. 6-10 to 7-9 same as before.
[ Edited by krizay on Sep 16, 2009 at 9:37 PM ]
  • ZRF80

1. No

2. No

3. If we continue the run, run, run, punt philosophy.......only to revert to sheer desperation at game's end and force our QB to convert 4-5 3rd downs on 1 drive just to give ourselves a chance to win..............we will end up 4-12, I guarantee it.

I must admit.....I was very surprised (and SHOCKED) at our team this past weekend. Not because we won; we always give Zona a run for their money. But rather because our DEFENSE, after years of failure, finally showed up. Too bad all their effort was almost negated by Raye, and the only way he could get us out of this mess was put the ball in Shaun Hill's hands and hope he could pull us through.

Continue this strategy and we're toast against a real opponent.
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
I'm right here.......Let me ask you a question how many season opener games have we won in the last 5 years?? I'm glad we won but if you paid attention in the pre-season you would have seen Arizona struggeling.....now if we win our first 3 to 4 games I think we'll have a better season than I projected.

But ain't no way in hell I'm eating crow after the first game of the season......lol....Let's put together a string of wins first buddy.

Cool, glad to see some backbone from the realists. So are u saying u knew we would beat ARI on the road since they struggled in the preseason? Be honest.

Originally posted by krizay:

Quote:

1. I thought we had a chance cause Zona looked bad all preseason. Add the Breaston injury and Boldin out for a while. They couldn't have gotten in sync.

2. Not really. We still need a REAL QB and a better O-line. Though the defense played better than expected. But is that because they aren't yet in sync or did we really play that good? We'll see!

OK, cool. Glad to see some realists still have some pride and aren't afraid to keep posting. Sometimes, it gets kinda boring without u guys.

BTW, I agree with u on the QB and RT issues.
[ Edited by kronik on Sep 16, 2009 at 9:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:

Cool, glad to see some backbone from the realists. So are u saying u knew we would beat ARI on the road since they struggled in the preseason? Be honest.

I'm saying we match well with Arizona and I felt we had a real chance to win that game. I didn't think we would win it with Defense...that was a pleasant surprise....but I knew we would be in the game.
Originally posted by ZRF80:

1. No

2. No

3. If we continue the run, run, run, punt philosophy.......only to revert to sheer desperation at game's end and force our QB to convert 4-5 3rd downs on 1 drive just to give ourselves a chance to win..............we will end up 4-12, I guarantee it.

I must admit.....I was very surprised (and SHOCKED) at our team this past weekend. Not because we won; we always give Zona a run for their money. But rather because our DEFENSE, after years of failure, finally showed up. Too bad all their effort was almost negated by Raye, and the only way he could get us out of this mess was put the ball in Shaun Hill's hands and hope he could pull us through.

Continue this strategy and we're toast against a real opponent.

I think the defending NFC champs are a real opponent, don't you. But I see your points, we definately need to open up the intermediate to long passing game to loosen up the opposing defenses or we won't make the playoffs. I don't even care if we complete the long bombs, just throw it to stretch the defenses.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Quote:

OK, cool. Glad to see some realists still have some pride and aren't afraid to keep posting. Sometimes, it gets kinda boring without u guys.

I just hope to get the same respect WHEN the wheels fall off!

Quote:

I just hope to get the same respect WHEN the wheels fall off!

Define "wheels fall off."

Losing to good opponents don't count, do they?
Share 49ersWebzone