• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
I don't think its fair to use the term "realist" if you're talking about certain trolls. Those guys call themselves "realists" but they're really just living in the past, or trying to. "If we only had Bill Walsh as our coach once more" is not being realistic.

Those who take a reasonable view of what they see on the field are actually realists, and that includes a great number of guys who post on this board.

For example, it seems reasonable to say that the jury's still out on Raye's ability as a play caller--that's realistic. Likewise, the issues with the OL appear reasonable and realistic at the present time.

"Singletary should be immediately replaced with Shanahan" would not seem to be reasonable or realistic. Posting such a comment is just trolling for an angry response. IMHO.

Agreed brother, but THEY called themselves "realists", not me. They didn't see themselves as trolls.

Sabrason and singfan are the 2 that comes to mind.

But you did call out ALL "realists" You can say haters. Don't have to dress it up with the quotations. No need to be politically correct in here.

I have to be politically correct if I want this thread to stay alive. Besides, there is a difference between negative nellys, debbie downers vs haters and trolls.

A: As if the Mods don't see where this thread is heading.

B: If they are indeed trolls. not only are you not going to get anything out of starting this thread (except more irritated than you are now apparently or you wouldn't have started this thread) but you're also contributing to their behavior.

A lose/lose in my book! Your keyboard only has so many keystrokes in it!

He makes a "realistic" point.

fixed
I had us at 8-8, but that counted the opener as a loss. I also counted Chicago as a loss but I now think we should beat them at home.

I think we'll be in the mix in the end. Sunday is huge!
  • eddie23
  • Info N/A
I keepz it real yo!
The season's one game old...give it a rest.
If our defense continues with the type of pass rush it had against the Cardinals, then we will almost certainly have a winning record and probably win the division.

However, this does not take away from the fact that our offense is shooting itself in the foot by being utterly predictable to the point where the opposing team can confidently send run blitzes most of the time, tackling us in the backfield.

Regardless of our future record, its frustrating to watch a team that shoots itself in the foot.

Teams don't fear our quarterback, whether or not that is fair, its true. Therefore, they will ALWAYS try and stop our running game first. Always.

Therefore, we should try and hurt them with a handful of medium range passes until they back off, THEN hurt them with the run.

Its called "game theory."

Stubbornly sticking to one thing only, because its your "identity," or whatever other esoteric non-sense you want to call it, is called "stupidity."
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 17, 2009 at 12:31 AM ]
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
If our defense continues with the type of pass rush it had against the Cardinals, then we will almost certainly have a winning record and probably win the division.

However, this does not take away from the fact that our offense is shooting itself in the foot by being utterly predictable to the point where the opposing team can confidently send run blitzes most of the time, tackling us in the backfield.

Regardless of our future record, its frustrating to watch a team that shoots itself in the foot.

Teams don't fear our quarterback, whether or not that is fair, its true. Therefore, they will ALWAYS try and stop our running game first. Always.

Therefore, we should try and hurt them with a handful of medium range passes until they back off, THEN hurt them with the run.

Its called "game theory."

Stubbornly sticking to one thing only, because its your "identity," or whatever other esoteric non-sense you want to call it, is called "stupidity."

Forgive me if I'm missing the point of this statement... but Frank Gore rushed for 22 times against the Cardinals. Shaun Hill threw 31 passes.
I haven't seen alot of realists post since our week 1 victory. Are they all coincidentally too busy to visit the zone all of a sudden? Not trying to embarass them (well maybe a little) or anything but I have a few questions for you guys:

1. Did you guys think we were going to ARI and beat the defending NFC champions at their home?

2. Have your realistic views change since our victory?

3. What do you think our overall record will be this year?

Singfan, Sabrason, where are you guys????

1. Yes, I started a thread declaring that we were going to win, I had a feeling.
2. Still think our D is carrying us to the playoffs
3. enough to get us into the playoffs

and the final one....who gives a flying f**k where either one of them are...
Originally posted by ZRF80:

If we continue the run, run, run, punt philosophy.......only to revert to sheer desperation at game's end and force our QB to convert 4-5 3rd downs on 1 drive just to give ourselves a chance to win..............we will end up 4-12, I guarantee it.

4-12? Nice! That's 4 times better than you predicted.

From the PYMWYMI Thread:

1-15

By season's end, ya'll be askinf for Jimmy Raye's (the NEW Hostler on the squad) head and how Alex Smith needs another 6 years before he's mature enough to lead this team.

Ummm...............why are you calling out the "realists" after 1, that's right only ONE win?? It wasn't even an impressive win at that.

If we hit the bye week at 5-0 or 4-1, then I'll get excited and admit I was way off about the 2009 Niners.
Until then, I'm sticking by my 8-8 prediction.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

If we continue the run, run, run, punt philosophy.......only to revert to sheer desperation at game's end and force our QB to convert 4-5 3rd downs on 1 drive just to give ourselves a chance to win..............we will end up 4-12, I guarantee it.

4-12? Nice! That's 4 times better than you predicted.

From the PYMWYMI Thread:

1-15

By season's end, ya'll be askinf for Jimmy Raye's (the NEW Hostler on the squad) head and how Alex Smith needs another 6 years before he's mature enough to lead this team.

-9fA

I haven't seen alot of realists post since our week 1 victory. Are they all coincidentally too busy to visit the zone all of a sudden? Not trying to embarass them (well maybe a little) or anything but I have a few questions for you guys:

1. Did you guys think we were going to ARI and beat the defending NFC champions at their home?

why did you have to get them started again? is this funny to you cause it's annoying to me. why are they even 9er fans?

1. No

2. No

3. If we continue the run, run, run, punt philosophy.......only to revert to sheer desperation at game's end and force our QB to convert 4-5 3rd downs on 1 drive just to give ourselves a chance to win..............we will end up 4-12, I guarantee it.

I must admit.....I was very surprised (and SHOCKED) at our team this past weekend. Not because we won; we always give Zona a run for their money. But rather because our DEFENSE, after years of failure, finally showed up. Too bad all their effort was almost negated by Raye, and the only way he could get us out of this mess was put the ball in Shaun Hill's hands and hope he could pull us through.

Continue this strategy and we're toast against a real opponent.

How many drives did we run, run, run, punt?

Just because you can't run the ball doesn't mean you don't try. We don't have the offense to line up in shotgun the whole time and do nothing but pass. There is a strategy to it all so that to keep the defense honest.

Like I said before, if our oline blocked and got the run game going, the game wouldn't have been close.

The 1st game enforced my feelings of this team. We are going to struggle once the defense begins to wear down, and it will if the offense continues to be soo incredibly feeble. I didn't think we would win, and had AZ's offense been on instead of off we would have indeed lost that game. I am always happy with a Niners win, and I REALLY hope I am wrong but doubt it. I still personaly feel this team will win no more then 6-7 games.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

Share 49ersWebzone