LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

We could easily start of the season 3-1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Mike8016:
Last time we played the Vikings we shut down Peterson but couldn't shut down Taylor.

bah! 90% of his yards came on one carry. He was locked down most of that game too.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Our season can really hinge on this game next week. I know it's one game at a time motto but if we go up 2-0 in the division watch out! The offense MUST preform better than what it did this past Sunday. We win this week, we'll be sitting pretty.

If we win this, the team will start to feel some legitimacy. Nothing makes winner's quicker than winning.

You are so wise!!!
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Slow your role buddy. 1 game at a time.

This happens every year in the Zone when we win our opener....

I know, thats why Im telling him to slow down.

And if we would have lost 20-16 people would have been calling the season a wash and talking about the draft and getting rid of Singletary etc.
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Did you see what happened to AP the last time he faced Pwills. And smith and parys will get to farve. 4-0 buddy.

Did you see what happened when Chester Taylor faced the Niners? Sure we shut down AP, but Taylor had over 100 yards.

Again... Take away ONE carry and he's 7 carries for 17 yards! he had ONE big run of 84 yards. It's not like he ran all over us all game. We shut their running game down completely, except for 1 lucky play.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Slow your role buddy. 1 game at a time.

This happens every year in the Zone when we win our opener....

I know, thats why Im telling him to slow down.

And if we would have lost 20-16 people would have been calling the season a wash and talking about the draft and getting rid of Singletary etc.

Fire Nowin!
I think our Pass Rush may benefit as the first four games are against Q.B.'s who are statues.

*Warner
*Hasselbeck
*Farve
*Bulger

However, all four have the big arm to tear us up too if we don't get there.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MrAdrenaline:
Did you see what happened to AP the last time he faced Pwills. And smith and parys will get to farve. 4-0 buddy.

Did you see what happened when Chester Taylor faced the Niners? Sure we shut down AP, but Taylor had over 100 yards.

Again... Take away ONE carry and he's 7 carries for 17 yards! he had ONE big run of 84 yards. It's not like he ran all over us all game. We shut their running game down completely, except for 1 lucky play.

Good point. But... you can't just take away that one carry. Either way, he rushed for over 100 yards. I most def get what you're saying though.
Originally posted by Mike8016:
Last time we played the Vikings we shut down Peterson but couldn't shut down Taylor.

Yeah I remember Taylor giving our d-line a lot of problems, but we have a chance with everyone on our schedule. We have the 7th easiest schedule in the league and if our whole defense can play the way it did against the Tards then we should be able to keep most teams in our offenses range. We are going to need a lot more help from the running game if we want to be a contender though.
It will be crucial for us to start 3-1 because our next 6 opponents are very tough and are legit playoff contenders. Next 6 are: Falcons, Texans, Colts, Titans, Bears and Packers.

Texans apparently didn't look too good in the opener but they have a potentially lethal offense. Bears loss Urlacher for the season but still have a very good D. Cutler looks bad but he will have 9 weeks to connect with the rest of his offense. The rest of the group are formidable.

Good point. But... you can't just take away that one carry. Either way, he rushed for over 100 yards. I most def get what you're saying though.

You can look at it objectively though, especially when people are acting like our defense couldn't stop Taylor at all. That is clearly NOT the case. Anyone can get lucky on one play. Even Detroit can get lucky once in a while.

really good reason to start a thread....
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
I didnt say we couldnt, i just think it will be tough. Peterson looked like a beast and its a away game.

Peterson looks like Jim Brown with an extra gear. That TD run on Sunday was something.
This week againts the seachickens It will be a little harder I think. I know they beat the rams but they really look good. (We still win)

I'll give Taylor 100 yards and a TD instead of giving AP 180 and 3TDs any day of the week.
"Easily"... I dont know about that!
Share 49ersWebzone