There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Still think hill arm is weak ?

Still think hill arm is weak ?

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
yes. nothing's changed in my mind. he STILL has a weinie arm

Compared to the other 31 starting NFL Q.B's.... YES, he still has a "noodle arm"
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
great win, but there will be games that the defense wont be able to save us from. he is an ok "game manager" he isnt that good, but he will do for now, but I hate how some people are saying he is the reason we won. That game was all Defense for us.
Wasn't he one of the main reasons though? I mean the D did give up 16 points and our run game only got us like 30 yards... We needed someone to make smart decisions and deliver the ball. Shaun stepped up and did just that.

yea i thought he did his part. for a while he was horrible like the 3rd or 2nd quarter, i dont remember. i wanted to throw him out a window. but when he got a chance to step up, get some rythm, had good protection on the td drive, and he came through for us. he wound up doing a good job and was our offensive mvp. when you factor in that its a new offense and he didnt look good last year until he had 2 months to learn the martz system, i dont see why he cant do even better. he was staring down some recievers and missing guys for a little while and the protection sucked because 2 of our starting ol were returning from injury. should get better imo.

great win, but there will be games that the defense wont be able to save us from. he is an ok "game manager" he isnt that good, but he will do for now, but I hate how some people are saying he is the reason we won. That game was all Defense for us.

Wasn't he one of the main reasons though? I mean the D did give up 16 points and our run game only got us like 30 yards... We needed someone to make smart decisions and deliver the ball. Shaun stepped up and did just that.

he was a part of the win obviously, but the defense gave us that game not hill, he played fine but he wasnt that good - again he was a decent game manager. If I told you we would only score 20 points against the cardz before the game you would have told me we were going to get smoked.

Um, no I wouldn't have... I would have been pleased that we were going to get 20 points. I honestly thought we were only going to score 16 points (1 td and 3 fgs). And I thought that Frank was going to get around 120 yards. So, getting 2 TDs and 2 FGs (mostly off of Shaun's arm) our passing game did better then I thought.

I call bull sh**, you might have been pleased (which is sad), but you definetly still would have thought we would have lost. I remember when smith had a game like this two years ago and the whole board was calling for his head. But now its hill is so clutch. I dont think hill is the answer - good game manager, jury still out on smith but it is looking like he isnt either, Either way we are the new ravens, all defense no offense. We got those scores off of good field position too, except for the last drive, which was props to hill a great drive. But please stop crowning hill, he isnt that good, unless you want to settle for a game manager.

You're going to call BS and then say Smith had a game like this... Ok, I'll bite. When? When did Smith have a game where he threw for over 200 yards and a come from behind win where the run game was held to less then 30 yards? Now that right there is the BS that your smelling.

Now to answer your question, I honestly thought this game was going to be a loss for us (because, as I stated above, I thought we were only going to score 16 points). I hoped we wouldn't lose and am glad we pulled it off; but, it's ridiculous to not recognize Hill's accomplishments in this game. He played better than Warner did for AZ; but, I guess by your standards, Warner should have stayed in the Arena league, right?
Hill doesn't necessarily have a weak arm, he can gun it downfield....it's just that he has no deep accuracy.
weak arm or not. we won. i'm happy.
I want what's best for the team. Yeah SHill is as vanilla as Weber's bread and arguably the most un-Hollywood like QB in the League; but I still feel comfortable letting him lead our team every Sunday. I like the man. He earned some love at the game so let's give the man some love. It's like thinking "Yeah, that guy can marry my sister. He'll do fine. He won't f**k it up".

he was a part of the win obviously, but the defense gave us that game not hill, he played fine but he wasnt that good - again he was a decent game manager. If I told you we would only score 20 points against the cardz before the game you would have told me we were going to get smoked.

Um, no I wouldn't have... I would have been pleased that we were going to get 20 points. I honestly thought we were only going to score 16 points (1 td and 3 fgs). And I thought that Frank was going to get around 120 yards. So, getting 2 TDs and 2 FGs (mostly off of Shaun's arm) our passing game did better then I thought.

I call bull sh**, you might have been pleased (which is sad), but you definetly still would have thought we would have lost. I remember when smith had a game like this two years ago and the whole board was calling for his head. But now its hill is so clutch. I dont think hill is the answer - good game manager, jury still out on smith but it is looking like he isnt either, Either way we are the new ravens, all defense no offense. We got those scores off of good field position too, except for the last drive, which was props to hill a great drive. But please stop crowning hill, he isnt that good, unless you want to settle for a game manager.

You're going to call BS and then say Smith had a game like this... Ok, I'll bite. When? When did Smith have a game where he threw for over 200 yards and a come from behind win where the run game was held to less then 30 yards? Now that right there is the BS that your smelling.

Now to answer your question, I honestly thought this game was going to be a loss for us (because, as I stated above, I thought we were only going to score 16 points). I hoped we wouldn't lose and am glad we pulled it off; but, it's ridiculous to not recognize Hill's accomplishments in this game. He played better than Warner did for AZ; but, I guess by your standards, Warner should have stayed in the Arena league, right?

D_Niner... it's hard to convince these Alex Smith lovers that Hill is our guy. Sure he didn't have mind blowing statistics or have beautiful passes, but the guy won. Some people are never satisfied until their guy plays. Hill led us to that leading touchdown in the 4th. 13 out of 15 plays on that 80 yard drive were pass plays. Who threw the ball???? Hill. Who made the throw out to Gore coming out of the backfield to score the game winning touchdown?? Hill.

Some people just don't get it yet. Hill > Smith.

Alex Smith sucks. He's proven that he sucks. Hold that clipboard Alex, you do it so well.

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Sep 14, 2009 at 14:18:06 ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
he certainly doesn't have the biggest arm but he can make some plays downfield when he's allowed to.

this

it sucks morgan couldn't catch that td in the endzone

True, but that defender made a damn good play. His arm/hand was in the perfect position to break that up.

umm that was PI all the way...
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
What concerned me was that he seemed a little inaccurate. He overthrew receivers a few times.

Honestly, the guy does not have a truly great arm. But he's got a good head and some serious heart. Ok, that sounds cheesy. But it's still true.

True, but I think that had a lot to do with being rushed and not being able to step up in the pocket. The right-side of the O-line broke down fast and if you noticed, a few of Hill's deep attempts to the right-side of the field he was staring right at a pass rush.

Cut the excuses he has to deal with things breaking down , I thought handling breakdowns was one of his intangibles? BTW very impressive going all Jim Everett, my 80 year Mom has a bigger arm. Fans can love him for whatever reason they want but let's stop pretending he has any semblance of an arm , he makes Chad Pennington look like Favre

How is that an excuse rather than what was actually seen as a problem?? You can't deny how fast the pocket was breaking down yesterday.

If Hill has such a weak arm what is he doing OVER-THROWING his receivers??

49ers highlights week 1

Shaun Hill highlights week 1

Please , there's tons of reasons why a receiver could be overthrown and very few for being underthrown can you spell weenie arm?
He is no Marino by any means but he can throw any pass out there IF he can have both his feet well set, throwing off balance is when you see the true strength of the QB and obviously when Hill throws like that his passes look terrible but all in all his arm strength is not an issue at all...
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
What concerned me was that he seemed a little inaccurate. He overthrew receivers a few times.

Honestly, the guy does not have a truly great arm. But he's got a good head and some serious heart. Ok, that sounds cheesy. But it's still true.

True, but I think that had a lot to do with being rushed and not being able to step up in the pocket. The right-side of the O-line broke down fast and if you noticed, a few of Hill's deep attempts to the right-side of the field he was staring right at a pass rush.

Cut the excuses he has to deal with things breaking down , I thought handling breakdowns was one of his intangibles? BTW very impressive going all Jim Everett, my 80 year Mom has a bigger arm. Fans can love him for whatever reason they want but let's stop pretending he has any semblance of an arm , he makes Chad Pennington look like Favre

How is that an excuse rather than what was actually seen as a problem?? You can't deny how fast the pocket was breaking down yesterday.

If Hill has such a weak arm what is he doing OVER-THROWING his receivers??

49ers highlights week 1

Shaun Hill highlights week 1

Please , there's tons of reasons why a receiver could be overthrown and very few for being underthrown can you spell weenie arm?

so alex smith overthrows recievers and he sucks. hill does the same and now he has a good arm...... please..... double standards.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

D_Niner... it's hard to convince these Alex Smith lovers that Hill is our guy. Sure he didn't have mind blowing statistics or have beautiful passes, but the guy won. Some people are never satisfied until their guy plays. Hill led us to that leading touchdown in the 4th. 13 out of 15 plays on that 80 yard drive were pass plays. Who threw the ball???? Hill. Who made the throw out to Gore coming out of the backfield to score the game winning touchdown?? Hill.

Some people just don't get it yet. Hill > Smith.

Alex Smith sucks. He's proven that he sucks. Hold that clipboard Alex, you do it so well.

I hear ya... And I do get suckered into these Smith debates to easly. I guess we should just take comfort in the fact that these guys are not the ones making the decisions and Coach Sing sees it they way we do....
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by wailers15:
he certainly doesn't have the biggest arm but he can make some plays downfield when he's allowed to.

wow tha was a crap pass downfield to bruce if that's what your talking about. bruce had to stop to make that catch.

come talk to me when his throws cost us games instead of win us games.

8-3.

From my highlight posted right above, Bruce caught that pass in stride.

yup, its a hell of a throw, and the one to Gore doesn't float as much as someone said either. its zips in there just fine. Don't know why people gotta hate on our QB who made some major plays for us in the 4th quarter.

I totally know why people do this. People have already drawn their battle lines in QB controversy forum talk, and regardless what evidence is seen to the contrary in a game, they will not wavor from their stance, so they do not lose face.

yeah, its ridiculous. I was always pulling for Alex and I'd still like to see him do well...but for another team. Facing facts I saw that Hill gives us the best chance to win now and he's pretty much delivered. The season is young but, man, I don't know why people can't just enjoy solid QB play in an important early win.

Wow! solid QB play , man the standards around here sure have been lowered, IMO he sucked for most of the game a lot like last year against the Rams, as I said before I'm glad he got it together when it mattered but be honest if AZ doesn't puke all over themselves and the 9er D didn't step up , the outcome likely would have been different

LOL, listen to yourself... If, if, if, but, but, if... The fact is that the plays were made by both out O and our D. BTW who won those games against the Rams last year?

Only two if's , never said he can't play just said he has a weenie arm , check the film how many times did he throw into double , triple coverage
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
theres no other way to look at it. if he had a good arm we wouldnt have gone 3 and out so many times. and would have scored td's off the turnovers we got. the d won the game period. offense was non existent rreally until the 8 min drive. ok score by gore. but the d only got scored on cause they couldn't stay off the feild til again the 8 min drive. it probably could have been 20-7 if offense could move. so yes they stopped gore because hills arm is weak and they were not afraid of it......

finally some one who gets it

simple fans don't understand half of defense is the o keeping them off the field. hill did not manage that, if he did once again it would have probably been around that 20-7 mark. our d is sick they proved it but yeah of course the points came we couldn't get them off the feild, and when we did they were right back on. hill puts together one decent drive and when that happened the d shut down arizona for the win. same issue every year d is good but o cant keep them off the field. but yeah hill is so much better?
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by wailers15:

wow tha was a crap pass downfield to bruce if that's what your talking about. bruce had to stop to make that catch.

come talk to me when his throws cost us games instead of win us games.

8-3.

From my highlight posted right above, Bruce caught that pass in stride.

yup, its a hell of a throw, and the one to Gore doesn't float as much as someone said either. its zips in there just fine. Don't know why people gotta hate on our QB who made some major plays for us in the 4th quarter.

I totally know why people do this. People have already drawn their battle lines in QB controversy forum talk, and regardless what evidence is seen to the contrary in a game, they will not wavor from their stance, so they do not lose face.

yeah, its ridiculous. I was always pulling for Alex and I'd still like to see him do well...but for another team. Facing facts I saw that Hill gives us the best chance to win now and he's pretty much delivered. The season is young but, man, I don't know why people can't just enjoy solid QB play in an important early win.

Wow! solid QB play , man the standards around here sure have been lowered, IMO he sucked for most of the game a lot like last year against the Rams, as I said before I'm glad he got it together when it mattered but be honest if AZ doesn't puke all over themselves and the 9er D didn't step up , the outcome likely would have been different

LOL, listen to yourself... If, if, if, but, but, if... The fact is that the plays were made by both out O and our D. BTW who won those games against the Rams last year?

Only two if's , never said he can't play just said he has a weenie arm , check the film how many times did he throw into double , triple coverage

And how many int's did he have for making those throws? How many of those double and triple coverage throws did he complete? Glad we live in the real world; not the world of ifs and buts...
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home