LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Still think hill arm is weak ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Still think hill arm is weak ?

he's got a noodle arm...not the worst thing in the world for a QB...but anyone that says otherwise is in denial
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by 9ermj:
he certainly doesn't have the biggest arm but he can make some plays downfield when he's allowed to.

Don't make it sound like the coaches are holding Noodle Arm back , he is really limited , I mean he struggled to make a short out to Gore let alone the deep out, I'm no fan, his throws have so little velocity guys are waiting for them and the defenders are given an opportunity to make a play on them , that being said he did a nice job on the one and only drive of the game , check out the td toss to Gore it looks like Franks is straining to get it in time so he can get in the end zone. The pass to Bruce was nice also but only a wanna be scout thinks he can throw.

well, when most of his throws come on a single drive and he completes 75% including the go-ahead touchdown, and his one long pass is perfectly thrown to hit the receiver in stride, I think its fair to say that the coaches held back on the passing game. When Hill is called upon to make plays he makes them. Its pretty obvious if you watch the games.

Apart from the one throw to Bruce earlier in the game, before the 4th Quarter, when Hill was called on to make plays, I saw him throwing into triple coverage and skipping easy throws to guys in the flat.

He is too inconsistent.
Sure he can't throw bombs. Thats not what matters, its
about not making bad throws that get picked.... not turning the ball
over... he's a gamer and may never win the popular vote.... all that
matters is WINNING... BOTTOM LINE....
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by wailers15:
he certainly doesn't have the biggest arm but he can make some plays downfield when he's allowed to.

wow tha was a crap pass downfield to bruce if that's what your talking about. bruce had to stop to make that catch.

come talk to me when his throws cost us games instead of win us games.

8-3.

From my highlight posted right above, Bruce caught that pass in stride.

yup, its a hell of a throw, and the one to Gore doesn't float as much as someone said either. its zips in there just fine. Don't know why people gotta hate on our QB who made some major plays for us in the 4th quarter.

I totally know why people do this. People have already drawn their battle lines in QB controversy forum talk, and regardless what evidence is seen to the contrary in a game, they will not wavor from their stance, so they do not lose face.
Weak? YOU'RE WEAK!!!

Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Don't make it sound like the coaches are holding Noodle Arm back , he is really limited , I mean he struggled to make a short out to Gore let alone the deep out, I'm no fan, his throws have so little velocity guys are waiting for them and the defenders are given an opportunity to make a play on them , that being said he did a nice job on the one and only drive of the game , check out the td toss to Gore it looks like Franks is straining to get it in time so he can get in the end zone. The pass to Bruce was nice also but only a wanna be scout thinks he can throw.

well, when most of his throws come on a single drive and he completes 75% including the go-ahead touchdown, and his one long pass is perfectly thrown to hit the receiver in stride, I think its fair to say that the coaches held back on the passing game. When Hill is called upon to make plays he makes them. Its pretty obvious if you watch the games.

Apart from the one throw to Bruce earlier in the game, before the 4th Quarter, when Hill was called on to make plays, I saw him throwing into triple coverage and skipping easy throws to guys in the flat.

He is too inconsistent.

Um, he was the best QB in that game yesterday... Nobodies calling him the next Joe Montana; but, he did play better then Warner in that game... I think your over analyzing this first game of the season...

He is too inconsistent.

we must have been watching different games I guess. I saw a guy who was asked to throw about 15 times through 3 quarters, under constant pressure, dumping off to his TE and WRs on shallow routes. He forced a couple throws, sure, but he wasn't taking ridiculous deep shots down the field all day.

he IS inconsistent throughout a game, yes. He's awful in the 3rd quarter and a bit of a slow starter. And he isn't Peyton Manning or even Joe Flacco, he doesn't have a rocket. But he's clutch.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

He is too inconsistent.

You wanna talk about inconsistency, did you watch last night game you had two very strong armed QB's.

I'd take good decision making over a rocket arm any day. Cutler threw how many picks??
Originally posted by djfullshred:

wow tha was a crap pass downfield to bruce if that's what your talking about. bruce had to stop to make that catch.

8-3.

yup, its a hell of a throw, and the one to Gore doesn't float as much as someone said either. its zips in there just fine. Don't know why people gotta hate on our QB who made some major plays for us in the 4th quarter.

I totally know why people do this. People have already drawn their battle lines in QB controversy forum talk, and regardless what evidence is seen to the contrary in a game, they will not wavor from their stance, so they do not lose face.

yeah, its ridiculous. I was always pulling for Alex and I'd still like to see him do well...but for another team. Facing facts I saw that Hill gives us the best chance to win now and he's pretty much delivered. The season is young but, man, I don't know why people can't just enjoy solid QB play in an important early win.

He is too inconsistent.

You wanna talk about inconsistency, did you watch last night game you had two very strong armed QB's.

I'd take good decision making over a rocket arm any day. Cutler threw how many picks??

Yeah, so true. I hate doing the QB comparison thing, but I guess we have to sometimes to put things in context...so while we're at it, the 49ers opponent last Sunday has a QB that probably will be in the HOF one day with Warner. He was more inconcistent than Hill, and made bigger mistakes when under pressure, throwing picks whereas Hill was more composed under a passrush.

Yeah, Hill needs to keep working to have better consistency. But keep in mind folks that he is still learning. It's not like he has been working from a position of being a starter his whole career. Even though he is 29, he should be thought of as a 3rd year player, who has recently been promoted to starter, not a seven year starter. The work is just beginning for him. We don't know what his ceiling is. He could get a lot better. We won't know until he plays a bunch more games.

[ Edited by djfullshred on Sep 14, 2009 at 10:05:29 ]

• tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I dont think he has a weak arm....i just dont think his arm is something defenses fear. That 50 yarder was the longest of his career. Also, he had all the time in the world to step up into the pocket and make that throw to a WIDE OPEN Isaac Bruce. It was a great great throw with the perfect touch. If Hill can do that once or twice per game...we are money.

I agree, however can he do it in Candlestick?????
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

8-3.

yeah, its ridiculous. I was always pulling for Alex and I'd still like to see him do well...but for another team. Facing facts I saw that Hill gives us the best chance to win now and he's pretty much delivered. The season is young but, man, I don't know why people can't just enjoy solid QB play in an important early win.

Wow! solid QB play , man the standards around here sure have been lowered, IMO he sucked for most of the game a lot like last year against the Rams, as I said before I'm glad he got it together when it mattered but be honest if AZ doesn't puke all over themselves and the 9er D didn't step up , the outcome likely would have been different

8-3.

Wow! solid QB play , man the standards around here sure have been lowered, IMO he sucked for most of the game a lot like last year against the Rams, as I said before I'm glad he got it together when it mattered but be honest if AZ doesn't puke all over themselves and the 9er D didn't step up , the outcome likely would have been different

standards have been lowered? No s**t. Where have you been the last 6 years?

8-3.

standards have been lowered? No s**t. Where have you been the last 6 years?

I don't quite get why Hill is not considered at least solid after Sunday. They are supposedly a running oriented team, which they flailed at ineffctivly throughout the game. When they put it on Hill to bring them back from a deficit, he did just that, driving them down the field. It was really the only drive that emphasized passing in the play calling, and he executed.

I think it is just whiner-Monday, and we have to see all the partisans come out of the woodork & complain here.

8-3.

LOL, listen to yourself... If, if, if, but, but, if... The fact is that the plays were made by both out O and our D. BTW who won those games against the Rams last year?
Share 49ersWebzone