There are 196 users in the forums

Still think hill arm is weak ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Still think hill arm is weak ?

yeah it is. yes he threw the ball i think 2 times pretty good down field. But he just did what he usually does, the short routes. Thats his M.O. Cuz the majority of the throws down the field, either went to long, behind, or too short to the receiver.

[ Edited by Jersey9er on Sep 14, 2009 at 15:48:25 ]
never thought it was weak. lol
yes, his arm is weak but as long as he's not throwing INT's, it doesn't really matter.
Yes.
Yes but Wins=who cares?
yes
Originally posted by fan49:
u guys can disagree with me all you want but 60% of this board agrees hills arm is weak

Yep, and I can remember when 60% of the board thought Alex Smith would be the starting QB this season... Doesn't make it true though...
u guys can disagree with me all you want but 60% of this board agrees hills arm is weak

Hill's arm is strong enough to play in the NFL, otherwise he wouldn't have earned that starting position. He throws a lot more pases each week than we see on Sundays, so the real coaches have a lot more to go on than armchair coaches watching at home. And even then, we have seen him make enough plays in real games to know he can get the job done. It really is a matter of the team getting their offensive sh*t together, and game planning around the stregnths of the players - like any team sport. The short passing game brought the 49ers to the top in the past. So I am not really much impressed by this obsession that a QB be one of those strong arm physical studs that can throw through a brick wall. I am more impressed with a guy that can stand tall in the pocket, and get the ball away to checkoffs, and safety valves when primary receivers are covered, and big old D-linemen are about to knock the QBs head off. Hill seems to be pretty good at doing this.
Do you think Alex Smith could have engineered that winning drive in the fourth quarter like Hill did. I think not. Hill is solid even if he doesn't have the strongest arm in the NFL.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Do you think Alex Smith could have engineered that winning drive in the fourth quarter like Hill did. I think not. Hill is solid even if he doesn't have the strongest arm in the NFL.

no way in hell Smith would of pulled that off.

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by djfullshred:

Hill's arm is strong enough to play in the NFL, otherwise he wouldn't have earned that starting position. He throws a lot more pases each week than we see on Sundays, so the real coaches have a lot more to go on than armchair coaches watching at home. And even then, we have seen him make enough plays in real games to know he can get the job done. It really is a matter of the team getting their offensive sh*t together, and game planning around the stregnths of the players - like any team sport. The short passing game brought the 49ers to the top in the past. So I am not really much impressed by this obsession that a QB be one of those strong arm physical studs that can throw through a brick wall. I am more impressed with a guy that can stand tall in the pocket, and get the ball away to checkoffs, and safety valves when primary receivers are covered, and big old D-linemen are about to knock the QBs head off. Hill seems to be pretty good at doing this.

i think it was murph and mac that summed it up, about 1:50 left in 4th, run 3yards, run 4 yards, 3rd and 3. gor is averaging 1.5 yards a carry in the game so far. if we get first down we win, so the best option would be to do a 3 yard pass. we ran, so the question is if you have a starting qb u cant trust to throw a 3 yard pass, he shouldn't be starting!

we ran and didn't get it. why. they stacked the box..... sound familiar

Lol uhhh actually he did in 2007.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

facts fail.
wobbly and duck looking throws along with wobbly legs i was so worried he was going to trip everytime
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Actually that was at home AND they were an 8-8 team that year......I'm just sayin.

Oh and luckily the score was kept in check with the help of Matt Leinart at the helm and not Kurt Warner.
Share 49ersWebzone