Originally posted by 9ermj:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by wailers15:
he certainly doesn't have the biggest arm but he can make some plays downfield when he's allowed to.

wow tha was a crap pass downfield to bruce if that's what your talking about. bruce had to stop to make that catch.

come talk to me when his throws cost us games instead of win us games.

8-3.

From my highlight posted right above, Bruce caught that pass in stride.

yup, its a hell of a throw, and the one to Gore doesn't float as much as someone said either. its zips in there just fine. Don't know why people gotta hate on our QB who made some major plays for us in the 4th quarter.

I totally know why people do this. People have already drawn their battle lines in QB controversy forum talk, and regardless what evidence is seen to the contrary in a game, they will not wavor from their stance, so they do not lose face.

yeah, its ridiculous. I was always pulling for Alex and I'd still like to see him do well...but for another team. Facing facts I saw that Hill gives us the best chance to win now and he's pretty much delivered. The season is young but, man, I don't know why people can't just enjoy solid QB play in an important early win.

Wow! solid QB play , man the standards around here sure have been lowered, IMO he sucked for most of the game a lot like last year against the Rams, as I said before I'm glad he got it together when it mattered but be honest if AZ doesn't puke all over themselves and the 9er D didn't step up , the outcome likely would have been different

standards have been lowered? No s**t. Where have you been the last 6 years?

I don't quite get why Hill is not considered at least solid after Sunday. They are supposedly a running oriented team, which they flailed at ineffctivly throughout the game. When they put it on Hill to bring them back from a deficit, he did just that, driving them down the field. It was really the only drive that emphasized passing in the play calling, and he executed.

I think it is just whiner-Monday, and we have to see all the partisans come out of the woodork & complain here.

stupid whiner mondays. can't even enjoy a good win for 24 hours.
he certainly doesn't have the biggest arm but he can make some plays downfield when he's allowed to.

wow tha was a crap pass downfield to bruce if that's what your talking about. bruce had to stop to make that catch.

8-3.

yup, its a hell of a throw, and the one to Gore doesn't float as much as someone said either. its zips in there just fine. Don't know why people gotta hate on our QB who made some major plays for us in the 4th quarter.

I totally know why people do this. People have already drawn their battle lines in QB controversy forum talk, and regardless what evidence is seen to the contrary in a game, they will not wavor from their stance, so they do not lose face.

yeah, its ridiculous. I was always pulling for Alex and I'd still like to see him do well...but for another team. Facing facts I saw that Hill gives us the best chance to win now and he's pretty much delivered. The season is young but, man, I don't know why people can't just enjoy solid QB play in an important early win.

Wow! solid QB play , man the standards around here sure have been lowered, IMO he sucked for most of the game a lot like last year against the Rams, as I said before I'm glad he got it together when it mattered but be honest if AZ doesn't puke all over themselves and the 9er D didn't step up , the outcome likely would have been different

I don't quite get why Hill is not considered at least solid after Sunday. They are supposedly a running oriented team, which they flailed at ineffctivly throughout the game. When they put it on Hill to bring them back from a deficit, he did just that, driving them down the field. It was really the only drive that emphasized passing in the play calling, and he executed.

I think it is just whiner-Monday, and we have to see all the partisans come out of the woodork & complain here.

great win, but there will be games that the defense wont be able to save us from. he is an ok "game manager" he isnt that good, but he will do for now, but I hate how some people are saying he is the reason we won. That game was all Defense for us.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

great win, but there will be games that the defense wont be able to save us from. he is an ok "game manager" he isnt that good, but he will do for now, but I hate how some people are saying he is the reason we won. That game was all Defense for us.

Wasn't he one of the main reasons though? I mean the D did give up 16 points and our run game only got us like 30 yards... We needed someone to make smart decisions and deliver the ball. Shaun stepped up and did just that.
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
I skimmed through this thread's posts and I love how no one commented that Hill broke the index finger on his throwing hand two years ago. That might account for no velocity, zip, or strength for long downfield throws, hmm?

I remember reading an article saying how its finally healed, too, which might account for him overthrowing some receivers, as he's not used to actually having an index finger with some strength behind it.

I'll take 8-3.

[ Edited by SerJerryofRice on Sep 14, 2009 at 11:14:32 ]
with out the long ball to issac bruce... we don't win! argument... shaun hill wins. plus that drive of 15 plays was awesome. he did well throwing to vernon, and he marched down field with short dump offs. does the strong arm really matter if we win some how some way? arm strength is still a issue with you guys. we won the freakin game. when will you be satisfied?
with out the long ball to issac bruce... we don't win! argument... shaun hill wins. plus that drive of 15 plays was awesome. he did well throwing to vernon, and he marched down field with short dump offs. does the strong arm really matter if we win some how some way? arm strength is still a issue with you guys. we won the freakin game. when will you be satisfied?
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Wasn't he one of the main reasons though? I mean the D did give up 16 points and our run game only got us like 30 yards... We needed someone to make smart decisions and deliver the ball. Shaun stepped up and did just that.

he was a part of the win obviously, but the defense gave us that game not hill, he played fine but he wasnt that good - again he was a decent game manager. If I told you we would only score 20 points against the cardz before the game you would have told me we were going to get smoked.

8-3.

Football is the ultimate team game. I hate how some people only give credit to one part of the team, and take away credit from other players that contributed to a win. The defense did not score any of the points for the 49ers.

They scored 20 btw, 4 more than their opponent.

However, the dude gets us wins

he was a part of the win obviously, but the defense gave us that game not hill, he played fine but he wasnt that good - again he was a decent game manager. If I told you we would only score 20 points against the cardz before the game you would have told me we were going to get smoked.

Um, no I wouldn't have... I would have been pleased that we were going to get 20 points. I honestly thought we were only going to score 16 points (1 td and 3 fgs). And I thought that Frank was going to get around 120 yards. So, getting 2 TDs and 2 FGs (mostly off of Shaun's arm) our passing game did better then I thought.
I like him a ton, but I still think he has a weak arm. He floated a ton of balls yesterday, some of them looked like touch passes, others looked like hot air baloons
theres no other way to look at it. if he had a good arm we wouldnt have gone 3 and out so many times. and would have scored td's off the turnovers we got. the d won the game period. offense was non existent rreally until the 8 min drive. ok score by gore. but the d only got scored on cause they couldn't stay off the feild til again the 8 min drive. it probably could have been 20-7 if offense could move. so yes they stopped gore because hills arm is weak and they were not afraid of it......

Um, no I wouldn't have... I would have been pleased that we were going to get 20 points. I honestly thought we were only going to score 16 points (1 td and 3 fgs). And I thought that Frank was going to get around 120 yards. So, getting 2 TDs and 2 FGs (mostly off of Shaun's arm) our passing game did better then I thought.

I call bull sh**, you might have been pleased (which is sad), but you definetly still would have thought we would have lost. I remember when smith had a game like this two years ago and the whole board was calling for his head. But now its hill is so clutch. I dont think hill is the answer - good game manager, jury still out on smith but it is looking like he isnt either, Either way we are the new ravens, all defense no offense. We got those scores off of good field position too, except for the last drive, which was props to hill a great drive. But please stop crowning hill, he isnt that good, unless you want to settle for a game manager.
Originally posted by fan49:
theres no other way to look at it. if he had a good arm we wouldnt have gone 3 and out so many times. and would have scored td's off the turnovers we got. the d won the game period. offense was non existent rreally until the 8 min drive. ok score by gore. but the d only got scored on cause they couldn't stay off the feild til again the 8 min drive. it probably could have been 20-7 if offense could move. so yes they stopped gore because hills arm is weak and they were not afraid of it......

finally some one who gets it