LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

How About Some Love for Shawntae Spencer!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • billystrong8
  • Info N/A
I was skeptical at first to start him over Bly. Now I like the move. We are 1-0 now and im still pumped to say that! Lets go 49ers
while about 99% of the webzone gave up and completely forgot about spencer, a select few and I have always stuck with him .. he's had massive potential and I think this is his breakout year
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by dtmoney49er:
It's funny to see all the hypocrits( probably spelled it wronge) praising Spencer. Just not too long ago you guys were bashing on him during the off-season about how much he sucks and shouldn't make the roster.

I know I'm guilty of it myself!

By the way, you spelled "wronge" WRONG!

Thanks. . i had a feeling i spelled that wrong too.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
while about 99% of the webzone gave up and completely forgot about spencer, a select few and I have always stuck with him .. he's had massive potential and I think this is his breakout year

I'm with you my brotha. 100% agreed.
looked good today
With Spencer solidifying his place in our defense, the Niners quite possibly have the best cornerback unit in the league. Not many teams can have the luxury of a Dry Bly as a nickle corner.

Top 5 defense, so far, I can't argue.
Being that Spencer is often hurt, I didnt think it was a good move. However, I'm impressed in a big way. He is the perfect disciplined corner and Bly is a great nickel in that he is a gambler and a great guy to put over the slot reciever. You want your corners to hold firm and the nickle guy to make it hard on the QB to pass. We are stacked at CB.

I'm suprised how humble Spencer is. He is the opposite of Bly.
both spencer and bly looked good.
Hats off to him. Him and all the corners.
SS stepped up good. Man I loved how the Niner D shut down those recievers! D looks good.. our pass game looked waaaay better than the run, which is kind of ironic dont you think? Lol

Lovin It
1-0

I'm glad Spence shut some people up today at least. He's done well before, he can do it again. I'm not surprised.

Most people only remember the few negative plays Spencer had against him earlier in his career when he was trying to play through an injury, and forget that aside from that, he had been very, very solid.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm glad Spence shut some people up today at least. He's done well before, he can do it again. I'm not surprised.

Most people only remember the few negative plays Spencer had against him earlier in his career when he was trying to play through an injury, and forget that aside from that, he had been very, very solid.

Well said.
Originally posted by titan:
100% improved!

During the game, they talk about how he worked really hard at his game in the off season. Keep it up.
Share 49ersWebzone