There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How About Some Love for Shawntae Spencer!

He did really well today versus the Arizona Cardinals. I was pleasantly surprised with how he played against Larry Fitzgerald!
I love him.
Damn right, he looked great today, the D as a whole looked great, I loved it everytime they came on the field!
big ups to Dre Bly today too
Good thread. Shawntae played f**king great. He's always been one of my favorite players on the 9ers since my senior year in highschool:

We had a kid who won an essay writing contest so a bunch of 49ers came to our school and played dodgeball with the students, seriously... shawntae gave me an autograph and seemed like a cool ass dude (lost the autograph now though lol)

Stay healthy! They don't even say his name because he pretty much shuts down his side all game, dude's a baller.

[ Edited by Method on Sep 13, 2009 at 21:27:06 ]
Getting Spencer back was like adding a great free agent everyone had kind of forgot about him.
  • watahitbylott42
  • Info N/A
spencer smashed fits when he had to..........
agreed, Shawntae played really well against his former teammate and friend Fitzgerald.

Well Done Spencer, Keep it up. And you've earned that 20M extension you received a few yrs ago.
  • titan
  • Veteran
100% improved!
he showed that he earned the start -- i was surprised he beat out dre bly in the first place.

but dre bly with the diving pass deflection great play!!
Shawntae is f**kin polished...we have nice depth at CB now
It's funny to see all the hypocrits( probably spelled it wronge) praising Spencer. Just not too long ago you guys were bashing on him during the off-season about how much he sucks and shouldn't make the roster.
Wouldnt it be nuts if Walt Harris somehow managed to come back and play at a high level next season. We could also consider bringing back Bly too. It seems that bringing in veteran CB's works out pretty well for us.

The only guys who is probably not happy about this is Brown, that toe injury pretty much ruined his chance of starting. Hopefully he doesnt let it bog him down, and keeps working for that starting spot.
Originally posted by dtmoney49er:
It's funny to see all the hypocrits( probably spelled it wronge) praising Spencer. Just not too long ago you guys were bashing on him during the off-season about how much he sucks and shouldn't make the roster.

I know I'm guilty of it myself!

By the way, you spelled "wronge" WRONG!

[ Edited by PTulini on Sep 13, 2009 at 21:50:33 ]