There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary falling out ou favor with the local media?

  • flow
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,394
Originally posted by singfan:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I don't particularly like it, but it's only going to happen on Wednesdays, which I believe is typically game plan installation day.

I'm eagerly awaiting singfan's take on this . . .



Game plan installation day? WTF? A few grunts and a dramatic speech about PASSION that everybody has surely heard before. What are we going to do with the other 23 hours and 58 minutes of the day?

Seriously, this is what you get when you hire a caveman. However, both the media and Sing are to blame here. Singletary, for not recognizing that it was the media that got him hired. Did he actually think he was hired for his coaching ability and not because he was quotable and ready to explode at any minute? Does he actually think that they stood and applauded in awe of his coaching ability that day and not for the fact that he will make a crappy team highly entertaining with his pants dropping, bumbling, depression era act? They applauded because he wasn't Nolan. They applauded because they would always have a story. Disasters can be great entertainment. Sing should be in their gratitude.

The media should be blamed for the unprofessional and schoolgirl like crush that Maiocco and some others had on Sing. If it wasn't for their over the top, ridiculous brown nosing, we could be staring at a Shanahan coached team right now with a big fat boner. The media screwed us fans over for their own selfish reasons. I have no sympathy for them because now they get to feel how we feel.

Lost and pissed off.

This coming from a guy named singfan.

But seriously, I'm starting to agree with a lot of what you said.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
The notion that the 49ers dont win because mm and mb are or arent there. the whole idea that stoping them from attending a practice will help wins is retarded. having them there cant hurt. this seems like your typical control freak/dictator coach type of move. singletary better make this team win fast or he should be out of here along with scot at the end of the year.

The last time I heard, the Niners were a private business organization, not a 3rd world country. They have every right to keep what they want secret or public. The media just don't realize that it is a privilege, not a right, that a private business allows them into certain areas of their operations.

No one is questioning their "right". But other people also have the right to think that move is idiotic.

But as for me, I like it. I was never fond of the love the media had for Singletary. I was afraid that, if he had another mediocre 7-9 season, the support from the media might encourage Jed to give another shot. Now it's more likely that, if we finish below .500, Singletary will be fired and I'm really happy about that.

Way to support the team. Every fan should hope for the downfall of their team and those associated with it.

Where did I say I hope for their downfall????????

I said that, IF THE TEAM FINISHES BELOW .500, I hope Sing gets fired!

Every fan should learn how to read.

well, to be fair you also said this...
Quote:
I was never fond of the love the media had for Singletary. I was afraid that, if he had another mediocre 7-9 season, the support from the media might encourage Jed to give another shot. Now it's more likely that, if we finish below .500, Singletary will be fired and I'm really happy about that.

another 7-9 season?.....the guy went 5-4...and 5-3 with Shaun at QB.

Its funny but at the time I wanted Martz to take over and be the coach and see what would have happened......then I was looking forward to Holmgren..

but as the season went on, I saw the play of the 49ers improve....I saw our penalties per game decrease by the week....as well as our turnover ratio. and I also saw Singletary putting the best 11 on the field on offense and defense... the guy was not playing favorites...the thing that has held this team back these past 4 years...

I'm sorry to disappoint you but I don't believe we will be going 7-9 this year....because the coach will put our best players on the field...and I feel we have talented players, and because of this we should win many games.
It's the media and I expect that they would not be in favor of anything that affects their ability to obtain news and information. And I don't blame them for obviously not being happy about it.

With that said I really don't think it's that big of a deal as I don't think Singletary intends to be iron fisted about media access forever. I just think he's just trying to get the ball rolling and keeping everyone focused on getting better and winning.

I mean nothing is going to be gained from asking a dozen questions about Crabtree or asking the same questions about the pass rush, offensive play calling, etc that have been asked throughout TC.

Once week 1 is in the books than there will be plenty to write about so I don't think this is going to be an issue once the season gets going.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
The notion that the 49ers dont win because mm and mb are or arent there. the whole idea that stoping them from attending a practice will help wins is retarded. having them there cant hurt. this seems like your typical control freak/dictator coach type of move. singletary better make this team win fast or he should be out of here along with scot at the end of the year.

The last time I heard, the Niners were a private business organization, not a 3rd world country. They have every right to keep what they want secret or public. The media just don't realize that it is a privilege, not a right, that a private business allows them into certain areas of their operations.

No one is questioning their "right". But other people also have the right to think that move is idiotic.

But as for me, I like it. I was never fond of the love the media had for Singletary. I was afraid that, if he had another mediocre 7-9 season, the support from the media might encourage Jed to give another shot. Now it's more likely that, if we finish below .500, Singletary will be fired and I'm really happy about that.

Way to support the team. Every fan should hope for the downfall of their team and those associated with it.

Where did I say I hope for their downfall????????

I said that, IF THE TEAM FINISHES BELOW .500, I hope Sing gets fired!

Every fan should learn how to read.

well, to be fair you also said this...
Quote:
I was never fond of the love the media had for Singletary. I was afraid that, if he had another mediocre 7-9 season, the support from the media might encourage Jed to give another shot. Now it's more likely that, if we finish below .500, Singletary will be fired and I'm really happy about that.

another 7-9 season?.....the guy went 5-4...and 5-3 with Shaun at QB.

Its funny but at the time I wanted Martz to take over and be the coach and see what would have happened......then I was looking forward to Holmgren..

but as the season went on, I saw the play of the 49ers improve....I saw our penalties per game decrease by the week....as well as our turnover ratio. and I also saw Singletary putting the best 11 on the field on offense and defense... the guy was not playing favorites...the thing that has held this team back these past 4 years...

I'm sorry to disappoint you but I don't believe we will be going 7-9 this year....because the coach will put our best players on the field...and I feel we have talented players, and because of this we should win many games.

Fair enough. Still, I don't see how someone can read my post and say that I HOPE this team goes 7-9. Damn, I hope we go 16-0! I'm just saying that, if we do go 7-9, it's time to clean house.

Don't forget, we also saw the team improve on the second half of the 2006 season, and look how well we did in 2007...
Originally posted by Joecool:
Walsh had an extensive playbook and Jimmy raye has ten plays, therefore even one play getting out can really hurt us. LOL

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:


From Maiocco via Twitter:

Since Mike Singletary took over as 49ers coach, the club has limited access to assistant coaches and Wednesday practices are now closed. It's shocking that Walsh and Seifert won all those titles while allowing media to watch practice AND talk with 49ers assistant coaches.

This line is irrelevant anymore, we live in a VIRAL information age where you can even find out what type of toilet paper Patrick Willis uses, and it'll spread across the internet to over 300 sports/media outlets within 1-2 hours. -And in return, the away team will stuff saw-paper rolls into the opposing team's locker-room, messing Patrick's ass up, and blowing the game for us!

Seriously, Walsh/Seifert never had to worry about tweets/internet blogs weeks before game day. -Since Spygate blew open football has become a psychological/strategic war of information.

You are on the money. Every little thing that everybody does is on all news outlets in minutes not several hours to days.

One could also argue that the media might even be a distration to younger players that want to be seen in a certain light by the media. Sing can make the focus about the game and not the distractions.
brb crying a river...
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,510
Limited access to assistant coaches and close Wednesday practice OH NO!

What is the 24/7 sports media going to do?
Guess the internets will just shut down on Wednesday.

Maybe it’s in the best interest of the team to have assistant coaches oh I don’t know coaching instead of talking to reporters about who is making the most trips to the bathroom during practice.

Maybe it’s in the best interest of the team on the first day of game planning not to be bothered by the media.

How about take a break from the non stop practice coverage for one day and talk about oh I don’t know something useful like do some research on the 9ers next opponent maybe get some inside info on what the 9ers will be facing actually help the team out instead of telling us how many times Alex Smith takes a sip of Gatorade and what flavor it is.

And don’t give me this it’s my job I need to be at practice every day and have an all access pass to everything in order to give the people some info use your brain at least for a day.

Really one of the dumbest things I’ve heard in some time.

Why don’t you cry about it?



I believe he was drinking Riptide Rush.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
boo hoo for the press

hahaha!
Who gives a sh*t if the media doesn't like Sing, once he starts winning things will change.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,792
Originally posted by Joecool:
Walsh had an extensive playbook and Jimmy raye has ten plays, therefore even one play getting out can really hurt us. LOL

Jimmy did not have time to make his playbook more extensive as he requires 3 naps a day, so is who is going to call offensive plays when we play on the Bears on that Thursday night as it doesn't comply with Jimmy's 5 o'clock power nap.....
It doesnt matter if the media likes him or not, as long as the players do and will listen to him f**k what the media thinks
Sing is making the media work. He isn’t willing to rehash old stories such as why Warner didn’t sign or last years Monday night game. If he was willing to do this they could get some nice quotes run off and write there story and be home by 12:00 to take a nap.

To bad guys now you have work like the rest of us.
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I don't particularly like it, but it's only going to happen on Wednesdays, which I believe is typically game plan installation day.

I'm eagerly awaiting singfan's take on this . . .


something like this...


"ShanahanHolmgren"

You were right!!!!

It never ends, but it is good

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home