There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What's your excitement level as the season begins to kick off?

What's your excitement level as the season begins to kick off?

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
IM PUMPED!! I haven't been this excited in years!! This vid got me even more pumped!

wtf ! why'd we cut sheets !!!!

cuz that was against a 3rd string defense.

this, Sheets isnt as good as people here on the Zone make him out to be. Remember he didnt get drafted, and he is on the practice squad, there is a reason for that.

He has a lot to work on if he wants to get playing time on an NFL roster

Oh he's good talent wise. That part is highly evident.

It is the little things like picking up a blitz, knowing how to block, and overall approach to the game. In other words, he need to mature as an NFL running back. He will and we will have a nice weapon when he does.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
IM PUMPED!! I haven't been this excited in years!! This vid got me even more pumped!

wtf ! why'd we cut sheets !!!!

cuz that was against a 3rd string defense.

this, Sheets isnt as good as people here on the Zone make him out to be. Remember he didnt get drafted, and he is on the practice squad, there is a reason for that.

He has a lot to work on if he wants to get playing time on an NFL roster

Oh he's good talent wise. That part is highly evident.

It is the little things like picking up a blitz, knowing how to block, and overall approach to the game. In other words, he need to mature as an NFL running back. He will and we will have a nice weapon when he does.

^what he said
Honestly I wish we had our(or just a) top 10 pick out there. But winning cures all so......
from a scale of 1 to 10.. it's like at a 2 right now.. but trust me it will be at a 9 or 10 right before kick off

plus there's a little extra incentive to try and beat the tardinals
I voted "Looking forward to it" but I actually border between that and "Excited".

Pros: Run game w/ Gore and Coffee, OL thrives on running plays, QB game manager = less mistake / less INTs, WR talent best we've had since TO left, Singletary better HC than in recent yrs (Nolan and Erickson), defense should be similar in success compared to 2nd half of last season's performance.

Cons: Lack franchise QB, lack pass rusher w/ 10+ sacks a season, top CB looks like he's lost a step, starting SS has had two concussions and we might deal w/ Roman again later this season, 60% run / 40% pass is NOT a good philosophy when we have talented WRs like Bruce, Morgan, Hill and Battle.

Based on this, worst case = 7-9. Best record 9-7. We're middle of the road team that could go either way in close games. At least we're more talented and should finish better than 2-14 or 4-12 as we've endured not too long ago.
Not sure about my excitement level at kick off. But if we lose I know where my drunk level will be at the end of the game
I'm excited in general for the season to start, I always am. As far as our prospects, I'm cautiously optimistic, and I've been going through Niner football withdrawal for far too damn long...

I'd say probably an 8.5/10
  • zero
  • Veteran
I voted average

I'm all for them winning but at this point I expect nothing more than a 6-7 win season. Ever since the end of 03, I've become more and more pessimistic about them but now my care level probably hovers around apathy. That can all change if they beat the tards, but if they didn't, it wouldn't really surprise me.
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

LMAO!!!!!
As a SF Giants fan, I look at the Niners the same way. No one really expects us to be anything other than an average team or slightly worse. But with the pieces in place that are here , there is a chance to surprise some teams and find ourselves in the hunt for a wild card spot. The Niners have their Lincecum in Willis, but just like the Giants, if the offense cant score you end up questioning your personnel and coaching.

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Sep 9, 2009 at 15:51:02 ]
I won't lie, after the draft was done I was very excited, but after Cashtree not signing, and our now show as far passing the ball and pressuring the QB (it's preseason but every good team has a strong showing for at least a drive or two).

Still pumped though, and I believe we could have a productive season, but I was hoping we would be a good playoff team, which won't be the case this year.
Looking forward to it.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
I can't wait!

Best Niner vid in awhile, Got me pumped!