There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chilo Rachal "Beast Mode"

Is it just me or is Chilo Rachal playing way above expectations.. I see him driving people way off the line of scrimmage opening up holes and throwing opposing D-line on their asses.. What do you guys think.. IF Adam Snyder can keep up his very solid play, Snyder and Rachal could be blowing up the rite side for gore this year... IF snyder can stay healthy.
He's been doing good in run blocking, but he has given up some sacks in the passing game.
Originally posted by susweel:
He's been doing good in run blocking, but he has given up some sacks in the passing game.

you cant forget this his his sophmore season and look how well hes playing.. give him alittle more time.. and whit singletery on his ass he should see production

Thats true but i havent seen him gett bullrushed or anything like that. most of his problems in pass blocking seemed to be technical stuff. hand placement etc. i think you can chalk that up to a second year player going to start his 7th game. im very excited about him. if Baas and Snyder can really step up our run game can actually be dominant and our pass blocking can be avg to above avg depending on Snyder.
I'm not worried about Rachal at all; he's going to be very good once he gets it all figured out. In fact, I'd be surprised if he doesn't go to a few Pro Bowls before his career is done.
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

Thats true but i havent seen him gett bullrushed or anything like that. most of his problems in pass blocking seemed to be technical stuff. hand placement etc. i think you can chalk that up to a second year player going to start his 7th game. im very excited about him. if Baas and Snyder can really step up our run game can actually be dominant and our pass blocking can be avg to above avg depending on Snyder.

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who thinks he can do great things on this year... Also I dont understand all this hype about Baas when Wragge stepped his game way up this preseason
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
He absolutely destroyed that linebacker the other night.
He's playing very well for a guy going into his 2nd year, but I wouldn't say he's exceeding expectations. If he becomes a Larry Allen-like force in the running game, then he will be exceeding expectations. He was expected to do well in the running game when we drafted him so I'd say he's on par with expectations at the moment.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
He's playing very well for a guy going into his 2nd year, but I wouldn't say he's exceeding expectations. If he becomes a Larry Allen-like force in the running game, then he will be exceeding expectations. He was expected to do well in the running game when we drafted him so I'd say he's on par with expectations at the moment.

I dissagree no one knew he would be this good this fast
yeah he has been out there mauling folks. If Pashos is as physical as they say he is, it could be a pretty nasty right side.

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Sep 7, 2009 at 16:01:28 ]
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
yeah he has been out there mauling folks. If Pashos is as physical as they say he is, it could be a pretty nasty right side.

adam snyder has earned his spot.. all he has to do is stay healthy otherwise pashos will be tearing it up with CHILO
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I dissagree no one knew he would be this good this fast

Trust me, people expected him to be good, very fast. He was chosen with a high pick that many felt should have been used on DeShaun Jackson instead. You're acting like he's playing at a Pro Bowl level, which I disagree with. He's not great in pass protection. Even Kwame Harris was good at run blocking. Until he's solid at all aspects of blocking, he is not exceeding any expectations. Not mine, at least. Maybe you have lower expectations than I do.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Sep 7, 2009 at 16:05:30 ]
I think Gore will be taking the OL with him to the pro bowl.
Rachal is & will be in full effect Beast Mode all season long. He will be a very good lineman with the more starts he gets.
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:
Is it just me or is Chilo Rachal playing way above expectations.. I see him driving people way off the line of scrimmage opening up holes and throwing opposing D-line on their asses.. What do you guys think.. IF Adam Snyder can keep up his very solid play, Snyder and Rachal could be blowing up the rite side for gore this year... IF snyder can stay healthy.

Tell me about it. I used to play Oline and I kept a good eye on Rachal when I went to training camp as well as in the preseason. He is literally blowing people off the line of scrimmage. He is a future probowler and his idol is Larry Allen. Rachal looks great so far. The Oline in general looks much more promising now.I'll be happy with Snyder or Pashos if he's good enough to beat out Snyder.