LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 456 users in the forums

Spencer wins #2 corner spot

Shop Find 49ers gear online
seriously????? wtf has spencer done over bly in the preseason that has shown that he deserves to be the 2nd cb
Originally posted by NickSh49:

"No sir. I don't like it."

I say that all the time and no one knows what I mean.
i don't like spencer

i remember before his injury he used to piss me off all the time
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Gelder:
Originally posted by HearstFan:
A bunch of people think moving Clements to safety is the answer. GIVE ME A BREAK. Cornerbacks don't automitically make good safeties - particularly ones that have a demonstrated knack for letting people get behing them!!

Yeah but he is a good tackler, and very physical. I think thats why people think that.

Nate Clements reminds me a lot of Marquez Pope. Who was not a very good cover guy but was a good hitter. Only difference 49ers didn't pay him boat load of money.

I liked Pope, he converted from saftey and gave it his all. Most times he got beat he was right there. Clements has been beaten often in pre season but he will resort to bump and run technique which is his specialty. If all else fails we are pretty solid at cb
Singletary doesn't seem to care about preseason.
wow
Good for him. We have 4 solid corners.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Misleading title. I think it is gonna be Bly. Brown will be nickle corner

My bad, you are right. You can make fun of me all you want now, I look like the A$$! I can't freaking believe he won the starting corner spot. I sure hope he shows something in game 1 against the Cardinals. Haven't heard much of him in the preseason, but I guess there was a reason.

My bad, you are right. You can make fun of me all you want now, I look like the A$$! I can't freaking believe he won the starting corner spot. I sure hope he shows something in game 1 against the Cardinals. Haven't heard much of him in the preseason, but I guess there was a reason.

that is because the spotlight was on Clements from him getting burned left and right.

yea i thought bly was way better. i thought we wanted to create turnovers.

lmao. countless debates between brown and bly and spencer comes up from behind. i've always like him and i hope he can produce some quality numbers this season
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by 9erThrowBack:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by momoney925:
NICE
i love shawntae spencer..

His one and only career highlight.

Kitna got "jacked up" on that play.

Nice shot, but here's the poetry in motion...

That was a great hit, but he was fined $7500 for it. Nonetheless, it was probably worth it for him, as we're still talking about it.

I didn't know he got fined for that. Looked like a clean hit to me.
Originally posted by backontop:

that is because the spotlight was on Clements from him getting burned left and right.

Yeah that is what it was!
FROM CBS SPORTSLINE RAPID REPORTS:

One reason 49ers coach Mike Singletary might have elected to start CB Shawntae Spencer over veteran Dre' Bly is that Bly isn't very physical. Bly has acknowledged that he's not an enthusiastic tackler, and he allowed 254 yards after completions last season, according to Football Outsiders Almanac. That was seventh worst in the league.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 7, 2009 at 18:27:12 ]
I think the most important thing is that we have 3 or 4 guys that could all start and play well at CB. When was the last time we could say that?

And I'm really happy to see Spencer get a shot. I've always like the guy and felt that most of the time when he was counted out it was because of injury, not poor play. With the teams we face we'll probably have 3 CBs on the field a lot of the time. Bly and Brown will see action even if they don't start. And if Clements plays in the regular season the way he did in the preseason I have no doubt that Sing will start Bly or Brown instead.

Looking forward to deep, hard hitting secondary this year.
Share 49ersWebzone