LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

Spencer wins #2 corner spot

Shop Find 49ers gear online

• mayo49
  • Veteran
So we're ready to go now. That was the last position up for grabs. Definetly a shocker considering Spencer is coming off ACL surgery.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
most likely its going to be Bly, for his big play ability and experience.....

but I would have no problem if Shawnte Spencer got the gig... he had a nice quiet preseason, which imo is a good thing for a CB.

but I think he will be the nickel CB with Bly starting...which I have no problem with.

I don't think Brown is ready yet....but I do love our depth at CB.... having Brown and Hudson behind Spencer, Bly, Nate.
Agreed were very deep. We may not b a contender yet, but or depth is looking nice
I wasn't really fond of him when he was healthy but whatever
Misleading title. I think it is gonna be Bly. Brown will be nickle corner
Originally posted by tohara3:

Spencer leapfrogging Bly would be very surprising to me. I’d still expect Bly to get the start this week down in Phoenix.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Originally posted by backontop:

• mayo49
  • Veteran

tohara, read past the first page.

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/4491/significant-victory-for-spencer-possibly-49ers
Originally posted by backontop:

Head coach Mike Singletary announced on Monday that Spencer would be the team’s starting right cornerback entering the ’09 season.
Well see how it goes week 1 vs Boldin.... I think Bly can shut down Breaston tho..
  • ZRF80
What ?! Correct me if Im wrong, but wasnt Dre Bly having a better preseason that our all-pro Clements ? Not that its cemented that Spencer will be starter all year, but for a guy trying to revive his career, this sure is a slap to Bly's face. I can imagine if he has a semidecent year and he's weighing whether or not to stay, this might serve as a factor.

Geez, Singletary's inexperience is showing. First, he clamors about a QB competition all offseason, only to give his top QBs only to give each guy approximately a drive each in each of the preseason games. Then he gives Spencer a heads up based on great coverage against 2nd-3rd stringers........?
Share 49ersWebzone