LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

We Signed Pashos !!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
From PFT
Posted by Mike Florio on September 7, 2009 9:35 AM ET
Free-agent tackle Tony Pashos, who landed on the market after refusing to take a pay cut to remain in Jacksonville, has agreed to terms with the 49ers, according to a league source.

Pashos is expected to sign a one-year deal.

The value of the contract currently is unknown, but there's a belief that he'll end up making significantly less than he could have gotten to stay with the Jaguars.

As we understand it, the Jaguars wanted him to reduce his 2009 base salary from $4.3 million to $2.9 million. He refused, apparently believing he'd get more elsewhere.

One source predicts that the deal in San Fran will be worth less than $2 million.

If so, that's one hell of a haircut.
I hope that's true. He's a solid player and we need some depth at RT after Smith retired.
Greatest signing ever.

That is, until he gives up a sack.

Then he's Satan, yes, even more evil than Barry Sims.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Greatest signing ever.

Not possible
Nice we needed depth with smith retireing. Will he start for us or is he sitting behind snyder??
Even on his worst day he's still 10x better than Sims
Good veteran depth to add to the team! In case Snyder once again fails to live up to his expectation, we have a back up who can play now
that is great news
Greatest signing ever.

Then, he'd have to give up more than 10 sacks to do that before I put him in the Sims/Jennings/Harris category.

Great! But why would he refuse to take 2.9 mil from the Jags, and then come to us for less than 2 mil? We need him bad. but I was just wondering.
So, is he depth behind Snyder and maybe Staley, too? I'm assuming so since Snyder asked Singletary to keep him at one position.
Anyone know who we'll cut?
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Greatest signing ever.

Not possible

Kwame the third!
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Anyone know who we'll cut?

I'm wondering the same thing?
Share 49ersWebzone