There are 196 users in the forums

Signed Practice Squad Players

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by boast:
good. now he can learn how to pass protect.

and hopefully he'll teach Coffee and Robinson what he learns.

mrob is pretty good in blitz pickup from what i remember. but he's not on the field very often in that position.

coffee needs to learn though. he got f**king blown up against the cowpies

Robinson completely whiffed on a blocking assignment against Dallas as well... the guy was right in front of him...... I thought he would be real good at pass protection with his size and all.... This Better change during the regular season.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 6, 2009 at 13:00:44 ]
as to the Sheets inability to block:

of course he has to round out his game, but he could still play a role on this, or another, team. I think the PS is the best situation for him, but I think its kind of silly for people to contend that if he can't pickup the blitz he can't be on the roster. There's a number of ways you could structure an offense to mask players weaknesses. Just sayin'.
Originally posted by showtime49:
This should quiet all the Chicken Littles who called for Scot M's head after we cut Sheets.

It was just chaos

Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

why wouldn't it. every team knows what others cut. Sheets will be snatched immediately.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

No way that happens. Another team is going to pick-up Sheets.
Originally posted by Blackgoat49ers5:
Sheets will get picked up by some team and have an exceptional career with them... unlike Robinson who is good at picking up one or 2 yards a carry!

PWNAGE!
Originally posted by Conejo:
This should quiet all the Chicken Littles who called for Scot M's head after we cut Sheets.

It was just chaos

why wouldn't it. every team knows what others cut. Sheets will be snatched immediately.

Sheets will get picked up by some team and have an exceptional career with them... unlike Robinson who is good at picking up one or 2 yards a carry!

PWNAGE!

Somebody's got wayyy too much time on their hands.
Nah, took 15 seconds to find the threads and another 20 seconds to find the small sample.

Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

It was just chaos

PWNAGE!

Nah, took 15 seconds to find the threads and another 20 seconds to find the small sample.

It was just chaos

PWNAGE!

Good for you.
I have a feeling sheets is gonna be a player
The point I was trying to make is the dearth of reasonable posts that come after any minor event, not that people are wrong.
Lord knows I'm wrong the majority of the time too. I still have faith in Alex Smith

I like Sheets, though. I asked this in another post and didn't really get a consensus answer:

If another team tries to put Sheets on their 53-man, do we have any recourse? Could we add him first? (Assuming we don't hear rumblings of this happening and we want to keep him that bad).

[ Edited by showtime49 on Sep 6, 2009 at 13:13:19 ]
Originally posted by 49erWill:

It was just chaos

Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
Originally posted by NinerN8:
IF he clears waivers he WILL be on the practice squad

Sheets will not clear waivers

gee, real GMs know more than armchair GMs. what a shock...
Yay yay

Personally, I thought we shoud've developed Sheets into the KR game. -He has the speed/instinct/potential to be a productive kick returner (and I believe he was very successful in the KR/PR at Purdue). Actually, if you look at Sheets he's almost a lighter/younger Allen Rossum.

Although our special teams really sucked in the return game during pre-season, Spurlock just seems like a generic straight-route KR (he'll only be as good as the lucky blocks he's given), Sheets has way better field vision/elusiveness to cut and break on a more consistent level.
I remember this sh*t happening with Clayton too.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Personally, I thought we shoud've developed Sheets into the KR game. -He has the speed/instinct/potential to be a productive kick returner (and I believe he was very successful in the KR/PR at Purdue). Actually, if you look at Sheets he's almost a lighter/younger Allen Rossum.

Although our special teams really sucked in the return game during pre-season, Spurlock just seems like a generic straight-route KR (he'll only be as good as the lucky blocks he's given), Sheets has way better field vision/elusiveness to cut and break on a more consistent level.

We will be losing multiple guys at the end of this year and I have a feeling Rossum wont be back. If Spurlock loses his roster spot to Crabtree then I would imagine we may bring Sheets up next year to fill that role.

It was just chaos

PWNAGE!

LO show good job man. POTY so far. just incredible the overreaction by ninertalk. I know for sure he kept ALOT o names out. straight pwnd!
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I remember this sh*t happening with Clayton too.

Yeah, but there's a difference between 3 ypc and 5 ypc.
Share 49ersWebzone