There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Roster List (53 Man)

kory sheets won't get picked up. Guaranteed.
Originally posted by Angryninerfan:

I hope not, for some reason i like him better than coffee. Gore and Coffee are way too similiar, we need someone to come in there with a change of pace. Sheets was fast as hell. Hope we can sign him to the practice squad
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Daniel2778:

I hope not, for some reason i like him better than coffee. Gore and Coffee are way too similiar, we need someone to come in there with a change of pace. Sheets was fast as hell. Hope we can sign him to the practice squad

I hear what your saying but practice squad signings are ten a penny. We may lose him very quickly.
Originally posted by Envy:

I hear what your saying but practice squad signings are ten a penny. We may lose him very quickly.

Every NFL team (including us) failed to draft him. I doubt anyone picks him up now.

Remember, he would have to be put on the active roster.
These players should have been cut. They are only on the team because of draft position.

Manny Lawson -- He has done nothing since being drafted. He was drafted to be a pass rushing OLB in 3-4 defense. Dude simply looks lost out there, he gets punked by every Tackle he faces. Only on the team because he was 1st round pick.

Alex Smith -- Might be the worst QB in the league. I used to think he was still young and just learning, but the real truth is the guy just sucks. Only reason he is still with the team is because of where he was drafted. If he was a third round pick he would have been cut by now.
Can I just ask for the Bear Pascoe crow-eating to begin now?

I thought he was going to make VD expendable?
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Envy:

Every NFL team (including us) failed to draft him. I doubt anyone picks him up now.

Remember, he would have to be put on the active roster.

If you look at the cuts around the league today, smallish, quick running backs like Sheets are a dime a dozen.
Originally posted by susweel:
These players should have been cut. They are only on the team because of draft position.

Manny Lawson -- He has done nothing since being drafted. He was drafted to be a pass rushing OLB in 3-4 defense. Dude simply looks lost out there, he gets punked by every Tackle he faces. Only on the team because he was 1st round pick.

Alex Smith -- Might be the worst QB in the league. I used to think he was still young and just learning, but the real truth is the guy just sucks. Only reason he is still with the team is because of where he was drafted. If he was a third round pick he would have been cut by now.

Last year of Manny's contract, isn't it? Time to step up, or else.

Alex Smith? Year one of a two year contract, but I have to think that this year is it for him. If he can't wrest the job away from S. Hill by week 8 or so, then I'd expect to see N. Davis as the new starting QB at this time next year.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

...I'd expect to see N. Davis as the new starting QB at this time next year.

This is actually the brightest ray of hope we have had in some time.

Sad as that is...
We should have cut Curtis Taylor and kept Sheets, but no other complaints.

You sure it isn't because he took a paycut?

-9fA

I can't believe we waived Kory Sheets. I don't get it.
I'm a little surprised about the Sheets cut, but not really. The running back position has become devalued unless they're really exceptional and he wasn't that. I still hope they put him on the practice squad and I hope he gets another chance.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home