LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

The Roster List (53 Man)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kezar49er:
Should we be looking at Pashos from the jags? We really need a RT

I don't really know much about this guy, but if the team feels he's a good fit and the price is right, they should go after him.

If they do, does Sims get cut and the o-line number stays at 8, or do they cut someone else, more likely one of the defensive rookies?
Originally posted by jreff22:

Yes

Yes
  • dj43
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
s
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Per Sing:

"The overarching theme behind the roster decisions for Singletary and his coaching staff was work ethic.

“You want guys on the team that have a common denominator – that football is important to them and they have a great work ethic,” Singletary said. “As a coach, I was pleasantly surprised that all of these guys had a great work ethic. Certain guys just stepped up in certain areas and did things that made you look twice. Whether it be Spurlock, Jean Francois or Curtis [Taylor], I just think they did a good job. As we sat down as a staff, their names just kept coming up.”

Sweet, we should win the Superbowl if we're ever measured by our work ethic! f**k that, I want guys who show up on game day, not just the clowns who try extra hard to work out in practice to make up for their lack of talent. Yes discipline and worth ethic is important, but at the end of the day I want a gamer.

I am stunned that you are not an exec on an NFL team

That makes two of us.....I dont think I would do much worst than the Niners the last 6 years......

BTW, I'm very disappointed with our current roster. We have not upgraded at all fom last year. The Marvel Smith fiasco is unacceptable....unacceptable! As some have pointed out, the guy was never even cleared to fully practice from TEAM DOCTOR - YES, TEAM DOCTORS! That means they had a pretty good idea how things could end up. There is no way we should have bet on this guy being our starter. Bring him in fine, but no back up?

I say if we suffer another losing season Scotty needs to lose his job. I'll make myself available to take over.....

There were other bodies out there that are called ROTs, but Smith was the best available. The 49ers invested very little money in the guy. McC did his job in the way the contract was written.

You can't just go out and get a starter via FA. No team is going to just release a starting offensive tackle in this league.

There are a lot of other OTs out there. Right after Smith retired, McC indicated they would be watching the waiver wire closely to find a good option to replace him.
  • dj43

Yes

Pashos = Sims
Originally posted by dj43:

Yes

Pashos = Sims

Nobody could be worse then Sims, Pashos is bigger and younger.
We'd have to cut someone to make room for Pashos, wouldn't we? If so, who would it be? Or would he just take the place of Sims...
  • dj43

Yes

Pashos = Sims

Sims played acceptably well in the final 5 games last year as well as PS games this year. You are going too much on his performance in the Martz offense. Sims is a decent backup but the team still needs another OT.

Yes

Pashos = Sims

Sims played acceptably well in the final 5 games last year as well as PS games this year. You are going too much on his performance in the Martz offense. Sims is a decent backup but the team still needs another OT.

I'm worried with his performance in pass blocking period!
Still waiting for Pascoe crow eating.
I hope we find a way to get Tony Pashos. Very solid RT, really good run blocker and he has some history with Chris Forester who was his O-Line coach Balt for a year.

• dj43

Yes

Pashos = Sims

I'm worried about pass protection period. That is still Baas' weak point. Staley gets beat too often still. Rachal is still learning. The only guy on the line that is solid is Heitman.

Yes

Pashos = Sims

I'm worried about pass protection period. That is still Baas' weak point. Staley gets beat too often still. Rachal is still learning. The only guy on the line that is solid is Heitman.

I think Staley can hold his own, Baas....ok your right, Heitman is fine, Rachal I think will come around quickly this year, and Snyder isn't to bad.

Sims just.....I dunno.....he scares the hell out of me. Every time he's in its like oh great he comes another sack.
  • dj43

Yes

Pashos = Sims

I think Staley can hold his own, Baas....ok your right, Heitman is fine, Rachal I think will come around quickly this year, and Snyder isn't to bad.

Sims just.....I dunno.....he scares the hell out of me. Every time he's in its like oh great he comes another sack.
I think the line will get better as soon as they start playing together for extended times. Right now they are still getting used to the system and each other. Baas has missed most of camp with the foot injury. That means others will now have to learn his playing characteristics in league play.

As to Sims, sure, I am not excited about him but he is not as bad as some make it sound...but then this IS Niner talk.
Could someone clarify the waiver/practice squad procedure for me?

Would we put in a claim - let's say for Sheets - and then we could put him on the practice squad the same day? Or if another team puts a claim on him, would it go to the team with the worst record?

Does Sheets have any say in it?
Originally posted by showtime49:
Could someone clarify the waiver/practice squad procedure for me?

Would we put in a claim - let's say for Sheets - and then we could put him on the practice squad the same day? Or if another team puts a claim on him, would it go to the team with the worst record?

Does Sheets have any say in it?

Sheets has no say while he is on waivers.

I'm not sure of how the waiver order works, but if a team claims him, they must put him on the active roster of 53 guys... not their practice squad.

So don't bet on Sheets getting picked up.
Share 49ersWebzone