There are 269 users in the forums

The Roster List (53 Man)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Man, we only have 3 OT on the team.

Pray. Just pray neither of them get hurt and miss time or the season is over - or worse that they BOTH need to be out at the same time.

Again - epic FAIL by the GM in this area.

EPIC.

FAIL.

It's not completely his fault that Marvel Smith decided to retire before the season started, is it?

No, but it's his fault for going after a guy with a bad back and assuming he would be the starter.

Which is fine after the fact, but it's like saying we shouldn't have drafted Gore because he was an injury risk or Rice because he had a slow 40 time. We had a shot at a pro-bowl RT who had injury concerns and we took it. It didn't work out this time, but this happens ALL THE TIME. Also, he wasn't assuming he was going to be the starter. Snyder has been the starter since Marvel even got here.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by mike9er:
not too happy with the cuts! i just hope we find some gems and shore up the o-line and pass rush.

gems? Cut?

Who cuts gems?

The 49ers clearly lol
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Rossum and/or Spurlock over Sheets is only thing I don't like.

Rossum = probowl kick returner. we don't have anybody else who can return on the team.

Spurlock = wildcat, wr, and special teams. We need WRs right now b/c of crabs and jones, and he brings added value running the wildcat and on special teams units.

Kory Sheets: why? Gore and Coffee are going to get all the carries, he serves no value on special teams, and he's a liability in pass protection. What's the scenario in which he'd even see the field?

If Gore or Coffee are injured or dinged through the course of "establishing our identity".
We kept Briggs & Harris over Sheets, good by SM hello new GM next year!
This is almost comical, we could have the #1 pick again next year with this week talent evaluating that we are administering.
  • dj43
When I first heard Sheets was cut I was a bit surprised and critical until I started remembering the multiple times he struggled in blitz pickups and pass protection against Dallas and a couple times last night.

If he clears waivers, he can begin to learn those things and move up during the season if someone gets hurt.

In retrospect, most of his "dazzling" runs came against the Raiders...do I have to say more?

I believe the odds of him clearing waivers are 70/30 in favor of clearing. Remember, he was a guy that everyone in the league passed on during the draft, and he gets cut by a bottom third team: That is not a very strong recommendation for another team to grab him.

Of course it only takes one...
Originally posted by glorydayz:
This is almost comical, we could have the #1 pick again next year with this week talent evaluating that we are administering.

I'm pretty sure we need pass-rushing OLBs more than a 3rd/4th string running back.

Goodbye logic, hello overreaction time.

Again, I want Sheets and hopefully he'll make it to our PS. Nearly every team in the NFL passed him 7 times each. I don't know if a few solid plays would be enough to change their minds - there's a bunch of other RBs with good preseasons on the waiver wire too. Homer glasses might be blinding us.

[ Edited by showtime49 on Sep 5, 2009 at 15:10:49 ]

McCloughan? How in the world are you focusing your blame on him?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
we kept 53 i beleive, i forgot Taylor, my bad, slap me, spank me, just dont kill me, lol.

And you had Walt Harris on the list (IR) and forgot MacDonald.

Oh Noes, i about to be beaten, oh well, i deserve, Please GIVE ME YOUR BEST SHOT,

Nah, man. We all forgive you. You do a great job keeping track of all these guys and their salaries.

Like said in my edit, above, though, we'd all appreciate it if you'd straighten out the Crabtree mess. Please, and thank you.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Man, we only have 3 OT on the team.

Pray. Just pray neither of them get hurt and miss time or the season is over - or worse that they BOTH need to be out at the same time.

Again - epic FAIL by the GM in this area.

EPIC.

FAIL.

It's not completely his fault that Marvel Smith decided to retire before the season started, is it?

No, but it's his fault for going after a guy with a bad back and assuming he would be the starter.

Which is fine after the fact, but it's like saying we shouldn't have drafted Gore because he was an injury risk or Rice because he had a slow 40 time. We had a shot at a pro-bowl RT who had injury concerns and we took it. It didn't work out this time, but this happens ALL THE TIME. Also, he wasn't assuming he was going to be the starter. Snyder has been the starter since Marvel even got here.

Yeah, but both those players were young and had played recently. Smith hadn't played in a game for a while and was old. Not a good decision if you ask me.
Sheets has been cut?

How do some of you not work for NFL teams?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Rossum = probowl kick returner. we don't have anybody else who can return on the team.

Spurlock = wildcat, wr, and special teams. We need WRs right now b/c of crabs and jones, and he brings added value running the wildcat and on special teams units.

Kory Sheets: why? Gore and Coffee are going to get all the carries, he serves no value on special teams, and he's a liability in pass protection. What's the scenario in which he'd even see the field?

dear ninertalk:

this was a mans post.

Take note.

Put down the nacho chips and mountain dew.
Turn off the xbox/playstation And go outside.

If Gore or Coffee are injured or dinged through the course of "establishing our identity".

Fair enough, but you could say that about ANY of our UFAs in the scenario in which both the starter and their backup gets dinged up. Only having two TEs and and 3 OTs is a lot more surprising than not carrying 4 RBs, IMO.
  • whole49yards
  • Info N/A
I like Sheets as much as anyone, but the kid could not block to save his life--or the QB

Coach said he is not waiting on players to become good. They have to show something now! I like the demeanor of a coach that expects players to play above their ability or he will find someone who will.

No more free rides!
  • bigninerfan56
  • Info N/A

So we're going to have the #1 pick next year because we cut an UDFA running back that had decent success against 3rd stringers? wow.
Share 49ersWebzone