There are 217 users in the forums

The Roster List (53 Man)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • bigninerfan56
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by bigninerfan56:
We kept Briggs & Harris over Sheets, good by SM hello new GM next year!
This is almost comical, we could have the #1 pick again next year with this week talent evaluating that we are administering.

So we're going to have the #1 pick next year because we cut an UDFA running back that had decent success against 3rd stringers? wow.

Yup, that coupled with the fact that we now have Snyder and Sims at Tackle! We should be drafting really high next year.

no, we have Staley and Snyder at OT with Sims backing up...for now. At any rate, that wasn't part of your original argument.

What's comical is you thinking an UDFA 4th string RB with "decent" success against 3rd and 4th stringers is the reason why we would be the worst team in the league.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Got to love how everyone jumps to conclusions.

The sky is falling the sky is falling...we cut Kory Sheets!

Do we know why ? No. Until we do we should wait and see what the thinking and rationale is.

Good job overreacting as usual 9er talk!

Who cares about the reason why he was cut? He was still CUT.

Did anyone really expect Sheets to get many carries? Seriously, with Gore, Coffee and and M-Rob, he would have been a waste of a roster spot. Besides he couldn't block or play ST.

SUre he was exciting and looked good against 3rd stringers in the 2nd half of preseason games, so did Clayton.

Can we stop getting so excited about PS guys?
  • Twister68
  • Info N/A
We are having WZ's all time record in overeacting and overanalyzing. And what's even funnier, many of "the experts" can't count to 53 nor spell the names right.
Any of you guys think we might try to add Leonard Pope??
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

To do what?

We need another tight end...
  • bigninerfan56
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by showtime49:
This is almost comical, we could have the #1 pick again next year with this week talent evaluating that we are administering.

I'm pretty sure we need pass-rushing OLBs more than a 3rd/4th string running back.

Goodbye logic, hello overreaction time.

Again, I want Sheets and hopefully he'll make it to our PS. Nearly every team in the NFL passed him 7 times each. I don't know if a few solid plays would be enough to change their minds - there's a bunch of other RBs with good preseasons on the waiver wire too. Homer glasses might be blinding us.

That was before they saw him do his thing, I doubt he makes our PS.

Do what thing? Does he have potential? sure, but it's not like he was gaining 8 yards a carry. I think there is a very real chance he lands on our PS. Clayton has the last couple years.
I'm surprised sheets got cut, hopefully no one picks him up and we keep him in the PS and when if we struggle with injuries or FB's then we could bring him up.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

To do what?

Block on running plays and catch the ball once in awhile...

Jeez...

So we're going to have the #1 pick next year because we cut an UDFA running back that had decent success against 3rd stringers? wow.

Yup, that coupled with the fact that we now have Snyder and Sims at Tackle! We should be drafting really high next year.

no, we have Staley and Snyder at OT with Sims backing up...for now. At any rate, that wasn't part of your original argument.

What's comical is you thinking an UDFA 4th string RB with "decent" success against 3rd and 4th stringers is the reason why we would be the worst team in the league.

"original argument"? We aren't in court, I am talking about the way we evaluate talent. We say we draft the best player available, yet we get bust's and scrubs. Now we go out and cut our up and comers but keep Bust's and scrubs!

It is what it is no matter what type of spin you try to put on it!

I think we might add a Big TE who is an establish blocker.
Damn, Sheets could've been a monster kick/punt returner for us down the road, no way in hell he gets past waivers.

I can't believe we kept Spurlock and Curtis Taylor over Sheets!!! -That's really f**king retarded.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Got to love how everyone jumps to conclusions.

The sky is falling the sky is falling...we cut Kory Sheets!

Do we know why ? No. Until we do we should wait and see what the thinking and rationale is.

Good job overreacting as usual 9er talk!

This.
Originally posted by showtime49:

I'm pretty sure we need pass-rushing OLBs more than a 3rd/4th string running back.

Goodbye logic, hello overreaction time.

Again, I want Sheets and hopefully he'll make it to our PS. Nearly every team in the NFL passed him 7 times each. I don't know if a few solid plays would be enough to change their minds - there's a bunch of other RBs with good preseasons on the waiver wire too. Homer glasses might be blinding us.

That was before they saw him do his thing, I doubt he makes our PS.

Do what thing? Does he have potential? sure, but it's not like he was gaining 8 yards a carry. I think there is a very real chance he lands on our PS. Clayton has the last couple years.

Do what thing?
LOL where have you been?
Originally posted by Trajik1:
WHY THE f**k DID WE CUT SHEETS!?!!?

I think he'll clear
Share 49ersWebzone