There are 234 users in the forums

Should Nate Davis be the back-up QB behind Shaun Hill?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Nate Davis be the back-up QB behind Shaun Hill?

• dj43
Davis had a so-so game against a 3rd string lineup. Nothing more. He showed tonight he is not close to being ready to play regularly.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Here we go... Nate Davis > Alex Smith

Right. Seriously man I think Nate will be good one day but this is a hopeless discussion. You're a typical reactionary fan. I find them in every fan base. I have friends who are raider fans and when Andrew Walter had a good pre season everyone clamored for him. What happened? 2-14.

I'm just saying I agree with you that Nate is good but you have to put things in perspective. It's like saying Brit Miller is better than Moran Norris or Jo Jon Finley is better than VD. It's senseless. With your logic we should just start Davis and bench Hill too. Cmon man get real.

Regardless of what happened in the preseason, you can't deny the fact and history that Alex Smith stinks it up every time he's on the field. Nate Davis has all the skills and qualities that your beloved Alex Smith has, but Davis is much better.

He's got the big arm, the mobility, but unlike Alex Smith, Davis actually has pocket presence and accuracy. He's not afraid to throw the ball away if there is no play. Alex Smith scrambles around and rolls to his right every time he sees a little pressure and makes a poor decision with the ball.

All I'm saying is Nate Davis has a lot more upside and potential than Alex Smith. We've all seen what Alex Smith can do, (not much). Nate Davis is better than Alex Smith IMO.

No.
How dare you speak of such things!!! Alex is the second coming...
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Here we go... Nate Davis > Alex Smith

Right. Seriously man I think Nate will be good one day but this is a hopeless discussion. You're a typical reactionary fan. I find them in every fan base. I have friends who are raider fans and when Andrew Walter had a good pre season everyone clamored for him. What happened? 2-14.

I'm just saying I agree with you that Nate is good but you have to put things in perspective. It's like saying Brit Miller is better than Moran Norris or Jo Jon Finley is better than VD. It's senseless. With your logic we should just start Davis and bench Hill too. Cmon man get real.

Regardless of what happened in the preseason, you can't deny the fact and history that Alex Smith stinks it up every time he's on the field. Nate Davis has all the skills and qualities that your beloved Alex Smith has, but Davis is much better.

He's got the big arm, the mobility, but unlike Alex Smith, Davis actually has pocket presence and accuracy. He's not afraid to throw the ball away if there is no play. Alex Smith scrambles around and rolls to his right every time he sees a little pressure and makes a poor decision with the ball.

All I'm saying is Nate Davis has a lot more upside and potential than Alex Smith. We've all seen what Alex Smith can do, (not much). Nate Davis is better than Alex Smith IMO.

When Smith throws the ball away, it's a bad thing.

When Davis throws the ball away, it's a good thing.

-9fA

Yup.
Originally posted by dj43:
Davis had a so-so game against a 3rd string lineup. Nothing more. He showed tonight he is not close to being ready to play regularly.

this
I REALLY like Nate Davis, but c'mon....not YET is all I'm sayin. "Yet" being the key word.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

this

this

I agree he's not ready. But neither is smith.
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

this

I can agree on this.... But the funny thing is... Nate Davis is a rookie, Alex Smith has been in the NFL for 5 years.

Nate Davis was a 5th round pick, Alex Smith was a number one overall pick...

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Sep 4, 2009 at 22:48:42 ]

this

I can agree on this.... But the funny thing is... Nate Davis is a rookie, Alex Smith has been in the NFL for 5 years.

Thats not funny. It's quite sad.

no, not yet. Next year definitely.

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Sep 4, 2009 at 22:49:03 ]
No...I think we should allow the guy to develop. The back up will probably play at some point this season and we don't need to rush the kid. But I do believe he is the future and we won't have to draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd Round next year.

this

Thats not funny. It's quite sad.

Yes, it is sad.
  • dj43

this

Nate Davis was a 5th round pick, Alex Smith was a number one overall pick...
Smith has not yet shown he is the answer but he is certainly a better option than Davis at this point.

Doesn't matter where they were picked.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Are you kidding? This is silly. No! No! No! Not close!

Thank you. Some people just play too much Madden.
Share 49ersWebzone