Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ang:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Up to this point I firmly believe that Crabtree will not sign at all. -He's going to opt out of the 2009 season, use some of his endorsement/parent's/college drug money to wade the entire season in the Bay Area, and pay for his own rookie work-out day for scouts to come see him for the 2010 draft. -And eventually be taken by Dallas in the later rounds.

Where do you get that?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3744701

Crabs was roommates with the campus coke dealer at Texas Tech, and when you be bunkin' with that type of crowd you eventually become no stranger to the "White China" yourself (you're either dealing or using on occasion in that sort of college atmosphere). -Specially if you're an athlete that's living off of tuition, without a job looking to earn some spending cash on the side.

I don't usually listen to 'here-say', but I heard they called him 'Crack Daddy Crabs', and 'Coke-head Crabs' down at Texas Tech.

You honestly think that this wasn't researched by teams? If there had been any significant evidence to suggest he was involved, don't you think it would have been a huge story in the media then and STILL?

I understand being pissed about the holdout, but damn...now you're grasping at straws.

Where does his "hearsay" come from...and just because his roommate was a coke dealer does not mean he had to sell or consume, that's a terrible generalization.

He is grasping at nothing, merely grasping the hot air blindly if anything.
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Man I really thought I was going to wake up today and hear the news of him being signed. Man I'm starting think maybe he will hold out for the year especially if he is not signed by saturday.

I was thinking the same thing as I thought/think this was the day he was going to sign. Still, I think he signs no later than Saturday night.
For some reason, this holdout makes me think of a whining little boy who's stomping his feet cause he isn't getting his way. Unfortunately, I think once Crabs signs he going to pout and hold a grudge against the Niners cause he didn't get his way.

Hopefully this kid grows up and starts to see the world as it truly is...
Originally posted by D_Niner:
For some reason, this holdout makes me think of a whining little boy who's stomping his feet cause he isn't getting his way. Unfortunately, I think once Crabs signs he going to pout and hold a grudge against the Niners cause he didn't get his way.

If he signs and does act that way, he will only be shooting himself in the foot. See Brandon Marshall as example. He would cost himself more money than he already has.
Originally posted by TheChozen:

If he signs and does act that way, he will only be shooting himself in the foot. See Brandon Marshall as example. He would cost himself more money than he already has.

He will be crying because Singletary will be sitting his ass on top of pain hill every practice.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by TheChozen:

He will be crying because Singletary will be sitting his ass on top of pain hill every practice.

He would be crying harder if he got suspended and missed game checks. Singletary needs to work his ass off if/when he signs. He's gotta get in game shape.
Crabtree will sign, and he will be a great 49 for the next 4-5 years. He will average 10 TDs a year for us

there is my daily contribution to this thread
If he's ever signed I'll be pleasantly surprised but he's getting some stupid advise from family and friends. With mentors like Deion telling him he's doing the right thing he's setting himself up for disaster.

I think the 49ers would be best served by taking their offer off the table and lowering it every week he holds out.
That John Clayton clone/wannabe on NFL.com said that he expects Crabtree to sign no later than week 10 when of course he would stand to lose too much if you will. I say he probably signs week 2 or 3 when he realizes he's lost close to $50,000 in game checks.

When he does sign though it'll be a little awkward for whomever ended up caving in. Someone is going to have to answer some tough questions about why he wasn't at camp when it started let alone there for the season opener.

Holding out till the first game of the preseason? I'm ok with that. There is nothing wrong with seeing how much leverage you have and what you can walk away with, but this has turned into something absurd. Lose/lose situation....moreso for Crabtree.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Crabtree will sign, and he will be a great 49 for the next 4-5 years. He will average 10 TDs a year for us

there is my daily contribution to this thread

Thank you, have a nice a day

Originally posted by MrOrange:
That John Clayton clone/wannabe on NFL.com said that he expects Crabtree to sign no later than week 10 when of course he would stand to lose too much if you will. I say he probably signs week 2 or 3 when he realizes he's lost close to $50,000 in game checks.

When he does sign though it'll be a little awkward for whomever ended up caving in. Someone is going to have to answer some tough questions about why he wasn't at camp when it started let alone there for the season opener.

Holding out till the first game of the preseason? I'm ok with that. There is nothing wrong with seeing how much leverage you have and what you can walk away with, but this has turned into something absurd. Lose/lose situation....moreso for Crabtree.

Do we even really want him to sign?? I know he's a talent, but so is TO and you see what he can do to a team. Plus, Singletary is a no nonsense type of guy. I'm sure he hates crabtree already.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Do we even really want him to sign?? I know he's a talent, but so is TO and you see what he can do to a team. Plus, Singletary is a no nonsense type of guy. I'm sure he hates crabtree already.

I see this being as the business side of things. Once this gets handled lets see how much of a diva and a cancer he is or isn't. Yes, I want us to sign him....otherwise it is a wasted pick.

From what we've heard about Crabtree the football player is that he works hard and is a good teammate. We'll see.
NFL.com stated, Goodell will be answering some question at 2pm EST. I sent in a question regards to what Deion said on NFLN of Crabtree, hope he respond.

Lets sit back and see what this bum has to say...
plus if Singletary held this against crabtree he would be a hypocrite considering he did this same thing when he was drafted by chicago.

Talk about people cutting their nose to spite their face. This holdout will set a precedence for future holdouts. From here on out the actions of players who are being ridiculous and holding out for more than their worth will be known as Crabtreeing.

Crabtreeing: The act of a rookie player holding out from signing due to the unwillingness to accept reality, hurting themselves in the process.

[ Edited by vermonator on Sep 8, 2009 at 09:16:11 ]
Share 49ersWebzone