LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigMar:
Jed York openly offered to have a "face to face" contract sit down with Craptree and his agent.

Who would be surprised if Craptree brought his cousin and posse to they meeting

Jed could bring Patrick Wilis to the meeting
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm loving that espn has been all over the Crabtree situation all morning, and basically every single one of the anylists has hated on Crabtree and his people.

thank goodness sean salisbury is gone

he would have said the 49ers are the ones to blame.

and shown everyone a picture of his package on his phone
Originally posted by BigMar:
Jed York openly offered to have a "face to face" contract sit down with Craptree and his agent.

Who would be surprised if Craptree brought his cousin and posse to they meeting

Jed could bring Patrick Wilis to the meeting

I'd actually wanna see that!
Originally posted by dman:
I'm loving that espn has been all over the Crabtree situation all morning, and basically every single one of the anylists has hated on Crabtree and his people.

and shown everyone a picture of his package on his phone

thank goodness sean salisbury is gone he would have said the 49ers are the ones to blame.

whatd they say on pti? anything?

I dunno, my beef with Salisbury is that he was a huge dick to John Clayton all the time. He was actually really supportive of the Niners every time I saw him talk about them.

Talking about an analyst I can't stand... I don't know if it's because of the whole Crabtree situation, but I can't stand Deion any more. His fake smile and his condescending know-it-all speech make me want to sock him in the face. He's so full of it, it makes my ears bleed.
[ Edited by doodle on Sep 16, 2009 at 2:28 PM ]
I been reading this post for some time now and I really think he will sign but he will sign the last week he can... I think his agent is trying to make everybody believe he will sit and try to enter the draft which now I don’t think he will do, but I definitely think they will stretch this as long as they can as a sign that he was not comfortable with the deal...

so I think if Jed doesn’t put a ultimatum before he will sign in week 10...

go niners
Another National take, this one from Ralph Vacchiano reporting for Athlon Sports:

Quote:
Crabtree, during this holdout, is committing the ultimate sin. He’s crossing the line from making a “business decision” to a place where he is abandoning his teammates, putting his self-interest above their greater good. And he’s holding up a red flag to any future employer, saying he’s willing to do that at any time if it benefits him. He is above the team, which is the opposite of the way sports — the NFL in particular — are supposed to work.

Link

I think we're rapidly approaching (if not already past) the point where Crabtree has completely lost the Niner locker room.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I got to think he knows he will be losing millions if he doesn't sign, i think right now hes trying to save face to not look stupid for signing a contract one game into the season that he could of signed months ago. And if he thinks he will enter the draft next year and somehow Jerry Jones will give him 40 million with a mid 20s pick then I'm not sure i want a guy that stupid on the 49ers
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Wow i got warned for saying mm and the 9ers were making maddog and his argument look less intelligent when other people got away with calling him names. ridiculous and very frustrating.

You forgot to mention that I gave you guys verbals in this thread about cutting out the inciting posts, and calling out other members for their opinions.

Also, please refer to this thread...http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=128855

• KNRO1670
  • Info N/A
and another one from Glazer:

QUESTION — Daniel from Fontana, Calif., on Michael Crabtree: "Do you think he will ever come to his senses and sign with San Francisco? Does he even want to be there?"

jay_glazer: I actually do. If his belief is that he's going to be a top-five pick next year, well then why wasn't he one this year? His value won't increase after missing a year. Just ask Mike Williams. Plus, people were already on guard regarding his character with the buzz heading into this past draft saying he was a diva. This certainly won't help to dispel that notion.

As I reported on Sunday on FOX NFL Sunday, the 49ers sent him a letter the week before the season began saying they would modify their offer if he was not in by Week 1. I don't see them caving on their price.

On a personal note, I hope he signs soon. I did a Subway commercial with him during the draft and actually liked him a lot. It's a shame to see his name getting bashed, because I really think he's a good kid. The whole thing's a shame.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10078974/Mailbag:-Here/'s-hoping-Crabtree-holdout-ends-soon
someone made a good point on knbr. that eugene parker might be trying to lowball jed york because its his first year....

go niners!!!
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Please use this thread to discuss the Crabtree holdout, conspiracy theories, and any other Michael Crabtree related news.

For moderating purposes, we are restarting this thread. However, I will leave the other one protected so that it remains on the board for reference.

Carry on...
Good other one got way to big!
Looks like growing national sentiment against Crabtree (from the recent homepage articles.)
[ Edited by Xestenz on Sep 16, 2009 at 2:44 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone