Crabtree Discussion Thread

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I don't know what's going to happen at this point? Can someone please answer me this question...

Why do so many people think Michael Crabtree will have the oppertunity to re-enter the 2010 NFL Draft? If anything, he doesn't sign, and the 49ers will trade him in an effort to get some value for him. Also, Does Crabtree have the option to reject the trade? He shouldn't get to choose where he goes. I just don't get it!

if he is traded, he isn't required to sign with that team, there is no contract being traded, and only his rights...

so if his rights are traded to a team, he still has the option to re-enter the draft, because he is not contractually obligated to that team, so now that team is out of whatever they traded to the 49er's to get his rights..

no team will trade for him unless they know they already have contract agreements with him...

Surely no team can make contact with him, let alone have a contract agreement?-

It would be a Sign & Trade, basically the other team agrees in principle to a contract with Crabs, we sign him to that contract and trade him to the team for what they are offering.

No team would trade simply for the "rights" to him unless there was tampering involved. They would require a contract to be in place, and Im sure there is some enforceable agreement to ensure the trade actually takes place once the contract is signed.

Crabtree will not be able to sign any contract until the draft is over. Basically what will happen is we will grant Crabtree permission to seek a trade, and his agent/ team will agree to the principals of the contract. From there it comes down to us and "x" team agreeing to what the compensation will be.

My 2 cents is won't get market value for him because we have no leverage in this situation. No team is going to fear us putting him back in the draft because they know they will be able to get him there anyways. No team will trade for Crabtree unless they're positive a deal can get done.

It's another TO Philly-Baltimore situation. We're going to be stuck negotiating with the team Crabtree wants, and that's it.

eh, I disgree. There is the precedent of the Kelley Stouffer situation in which he was worth a first and two other picks.

Let's not let our emotions get us carried away. If Crabtree hasn't signed by March 1, there will be half the teams in the league that will be lining up to shop the price. The kid is as close to a bona fide pro star as you get coming out of college. So even though we all know there are no guarantees, there will be teams that will give up at least a first round pick for him. For example, New England will likely be picking in the mid-to-low 20s, as such they would never have a chance to grab a guy like MC. As a result, they would gladly give up their low number one for a guy who would have certainly been a top five pick before a relatively minor injury sent him to #10.

I hope he signs here, but if he doesn't, I expect the 49ers to get at least two picks, including a first round pick, and the value will meet or exceed the point value for #10. The market will be there for Michael Crabtree and the 49ers will cash in.

Lol at New England. You mean the squad with Welker and Randy Moss on the team already. Try again.

We all know there's different standards between a franchise QB and a diva receiver otherwise we'd be willing to bust up the slotting system. The Stouffer situation really doesn't apply here.

Keep in mind you're not just shopping the trade value. You also have to sign the guy, and he's not holding just to make less than 16 mil guaranteed. The teams willing to give up multiple draft picks also have to be willing to give him the bank. I'm willing to bet that number will be less than 2.
New England was just an example of a team that would be in position to grab a player they would not had access to otherwise.

As to who would pony up the cash, that is all speculative. I am convinced, based on what I have seen teams do in the past, that there will be enough teams ready to pay both in draft picks and cash to sign Crabtree if he won't sign here. Just go through the list of the top 15 ranked teams and it is easy to pick at least six that would be willing and able to bid on him.
Hey, we have to first round picks next year, right? Maybe we could use the lower one to draft him again and this time offer him even less money! Whatya think?
Its funny seeing all these quotes of quotes of quotes of people wasting 30 mins to type out a post about Crabtree that will be buried by 10 pages in a half an hour. Its kinda pointless to speculate, analyze, and argue over this crap that we have no idea about. This situation will be handled behind closed doors
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Hey, we have to first round picks next year, right? Maybe we could use the lower one to draft him again and this time offer him even less money! Whatya think?

We (the 49ers) can't draft him again.

The question is, why would you want to draft a player that sat out the whole year?

Originally posted by 4evrfan:

i know there are too many pages to suss through, but somewhere buried in this mountain of crabtree bulls**t is the fact stating that we cannot redraft his ass.
Why did he done did not sign yet?

This thread should be renamed Crabtree Post Whore Thread
Originally posted by Youngone:

Originally posted by alburns:

User posts within this thread
User Posts
dirtysouthniner 157
BigMar 134
MadDog49er 128
KRS-1 124
WillistheWall 101
valrod33 95
ads_2006 94
PatrickJira411 84
tohara3 70
King49er 64
PTulini 62
HessianDud 56
SonocoNinerFan 56

Youngone 24

you are just mad cuz you are losing
[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 16, 2009 at 1:04 PM ]
Its funny seeing all these quotes of quotes of quotes of people wasting 30 mins to type out a post about Crabtree that will be buried by 10 pages in a half an hour. Its kinda pointless to speculate, analyze, and argue over this crap that we have no idea about. This situation will be handled behind closed doors

its also funny that this post you made about posts being buried will be buried by 10 pages in half an hour

yeah whatever, Maddog Jr.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

its also funny that this post you made about posts being buried will be buried by 10 pages in half an hour

Yeah!
Originally posted by valrod33:

User posts within this thread
User Posts
dirtysouthniner 157
BigMar 134
MadDog49er 128
KRS-1 124
WillistheWall 101
valrod33 95
ads_2006 94
PatrickJira411 84
tohara3 70
King49er 64
PTulini 62
HessianDud 56
SonocoNinerFan 56

Still the biggest Crabtree Whore!!!

FYI
Crabtree will be signed and be one of the most beloved Niners ever!!!
[ Edited by dirtysouthniner on Sep 16, 2009 at 1:12 PM ]
Deion says it must be the money. lol