There are 267 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

I was at the draft party and EVERYONE was going crazy when they picked Crabtree. Everyone except me of course. I knew it all along. I wanted Oher!

So anyone else saying that he did not want Crabtree to begin with can suck it!!!

Yeah I was there too, I've never seen a more pumped draft day moment at the draft day parties, the place went nuts.

I was worried about drafting him as he kept falling, mainly because I was was hoping for a big man... pass rusher, nose, OL, that and the whole diva thing vs Singletary's team first vision. I can still remember standing there like a deer in headlights as the room blew up around me when the pick was announced.

So yeah I was pretty well with you.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Anyone getting tired of Adam Schefter and his know it all attitude?

yes hes fitting in at espn just fine. i love how he does nothing but say the same thing over and over again but each different time he does its supposed to be news.
yes hes fitting in at espn just fine. i love how he does nothing but say the same thing over and over again but each different time he does its supposed to be news.

edit-my bad double post.
[ Edited by WillistheWall on Sep 16, 2009 at 2:01 PM ]
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Hopper:

Hate Schefter for reporting the facts? Ugh, no.

Liked him better on NFL network, dont really care for him on ESPN.

I think he lost his inside sources when he was no longer on the NFL payroll

yea repeating the same s**t over and over
Did he sign yet?
Originally posted by King49er:
Did he sign yet?

Well, according to Adam Schefter crabtrees holdout could last long into the season, unless he signs soon.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Did he sign yet?

Well, according to Adam Schefter crabtrees holdout could last long into the season, unless he signs soon.

FLASH TRAFFIC........*****ALERT*****

Valrod's source's sighting in 5...4...3......
Originally posted by DJD:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

I was at the draft party and EVERYONE was going crazy when they picked Crabtree. Everyone except me of course. I knew it all along. I wanted Oher!

So anyone else saying that he did not want Crabtree to begin with can suck it!!!

Yeah I was there too, I've never seen a more pumped draft day moment at the draft day parties, the place went nuts.

I was worried about drafting him as he kept falling, mainly because I was was hoping for a big man... pass rusher, nose, OL, that and the whole diva thing vs Singletary's team first vision. I can still remember standing there like a deer in headlights as the room blew up around me when the pick was announced.

So yeah I was pretty well with you.

I had no idea Crabtree would fall to us, but I had my top 3 players as BJ Raji, Brian Orakpo, and Michael Oher. As Crabtree began to fall, the crowd continually let out a sigh of relief when teams passed on him. I was pissed when the Packers selected Raji, so I thought to myself "Orakpo or Oher" but Crabtree was the selection. I celebrated too only because he was the top WR in the draft and we could finally have a #1 receiver. I look at it now, Orakpo is tearing it up, Oher is starting, and Raji is doing well.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Did he sign yet?

FLASH TRAFFIC........*****ALERT*****

Valrod's source's sighting in 5...4...3......

beep beep beep beep beep Breaking News

hey guys just got off the phones seconds ago with my sources who confirmed to me that Crabtree is gonna sign right before our bye week so he can play in his homestate of Texas when we play the texans.
[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 16, 2009 at 2:07 PM ]
The more this thing drags on, the more I am beginning to believe this kid is heavily influenced by Deion Sanders. His behavior seems to even baffle the experts; heck Michael Irvin even thinks the kid should sign, Michael Irvin people! However, since Sanders believes the Crabman can make twice as much, the kid is holding out hopes. Sanders seems to have a thing against our QB's and is disrespectful of the current 49ers. Granted, we have had our down years but Sanders never misses his opportunity to take a swipe at the team especially the QBs. Did you guys hear him during the highlights? Once our highlights were done he intimated something to the effect of 'good lets move onto a real game'.

Sanders and his agent tried taking the Niners to the cleaners when he was a player and we refused to cave in so he took his services to Dallas and Jerry Jones who were all to willing to part with the cash to keep the Niners from repeating. Maybe he is still taking it personally that we did not enter the bidding war against Dallas to drive up the price and now he wants to live his life through the young man (Crabtree)and have him make the money from us he should have gotten. You know I used to respect Deion as he seemingly had turned his life around. However, I think this shows that Deion still believes in the almight dollar before everything else in life, including common sense. If he really meant Mr. Crabtree any good he would tell the kid to get in camp and sign the contract then prove himself as Jerry Rice would have done I am sure.

Crabtree, FIND yourself a new mentor; as the current one is all about the money and not concerned at all about your career; (YOUR CAREER!!!!). NOT HIS, his is already finished and quite frankly; yours appears to be not to far behind, before it even got on track. Like Deion sang about and not so eloquently I must add (must be the money)

I'm loving that espn has been all over the Crabtree situation all morning, and basically every single one of the anylists has hated on Crabtree and his people.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Man, I would LOVE to hear what Goodell has to say about the crabs situation.

He pretty much said he doesen't give a f&$%
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm loving that espn has been all over the Crabtree situation all morning, and basically every single one of the anylists has hated on Crabtree and his people.

have they? about time, was curious why it wasnt bigger news yet. owner making a statement probably has to do with it
[ Edited by ssahnan on Sep 16, 2009 at 2:16 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

thank goodness sean salisbury is gone

he would have said the 49ers are the ones to blame.
Jed York openly offered to have a "face to face" contract sit down with Craptree and his agent.

Who would be surprised if Craptree brought his cousin and posse to they meeting
Share 49ersWebzone