LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

Finally someone likes it
Originally posted by PTulini:
I don't know what's going to happen at this point? Can someone please answer me this question...

Why do so many people think Michael Crabtree will have the oppertunity to re-enter the 2010 NFL Draft? If anything, he doesn't sign, and the 49ers will trade him in an effort to get some value for him. Also, Does Crabtree have the option to reject the trade? He shouldn't get to choose where he goes. I just don't get it!

I thought we lost our rights to trade him?
I don't know what's going to happen at this point? Can someone please answer me this question...

Why do so many people think Michael Crabtree will have the oppertunity to re-enter the 2010 NFL Draft? If anything, he doesn't sign, and the 49ers will trade him in an effort to get some value for him. Also, Does Crabtree have the option to reject the trade? He shouldn't get to choose where he goes. I just don't get it!

if he is traded, he isn't required to sign with that team, there is no contract being traded, and only his rights...

so if his rights are traded to a team, he still has the option to re-enter the draft, because he is not contractually obligated to that team, so now that team is out of whatever they traded to the 49er's to get his rights..

no team will trade for him unless they know they already have contract agreements with him...
Can't we just delete this thread? He is not on the team everyone should just move on. Seems like Craba$$ has.
  • jerryricefan80
  • Info N/A
I feel like Kramer when he gets hooked on the Kenny Rogers chicken. I wanna quit this thread, but I just can't do it.

Read John Clayton's mailbag, he really seems to think that Crabs will sign with the 49ers. The Great Gazoo is rarely wrong....
Originally posted by MaliCali:

if he is traded, he isn't required to sign with that team, there is no contract being traded, and only his rights...

so if his rights are traded to a team, he still has the option to re-enter the draft, because he is not contractually obligated to that team, so now that team is out of whatever they traded to the 49er's to get his rights..

no team will trade for him unless they know they already have contract agreements with him...

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I thought we lost our rights to trade him?

We can trade him next march, but not until then

Surely no team can make contact with him, let alone have a contract agreement?-

Goodell should really do something about this. With Crabtree's situation, rookies of the future are gonna think it's ok to holdout to get traded to their team of choice or more money. If Crabtree becomes successful and gets his money with another team, who's to say other rookies won't do the same thing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I don't think it works that way. If he gets traded to another team that team will then have his rights until the 2011 draft. Thus, the hold his rights for the whole year. Then if he wants he can do the same thing all over again and then that team can trade his rights away to another team. I think.

I know he wouldn't, but can he go play for the UFL.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k Crabdouche. I don't care if he signs or not. I will always hate him and cheer against him.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Goodell should really do something about this. With Crabtree's situation, rookies of the future are gonna think it's ok to holdout to get traded to their team of choice or more money. If Crabtree becomes successful and gets his money with another team, who's to say other rookies won't do the same thing.

I agree, the NFL could lose alot if they dont step in, future first round picks can't act up like Divas just like Crabtree. My friend who is a Pit fan also told me the NFL needs to step in.
But since we are the 49ers, Goodell will stay out of it for as long as he can, because he only kisses Mr. Kraft's ass or Mr. Jones. Imagine those are the two teams Deion was talking about when he said two diff teams were willing to pay him, but then again, Deion is an Idiot who talks outta his ass.
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
I know he wouldn't, but can he go play for the UFL.

He Won't... if he plays for another league, we'd own his rights for 3 years.
Originally posted by mayo63:

I don't think it works that way. If he gets traded to another team that team will then have his rights until the 2011 draft. Thus, the hold his rights for the whole year. Then if he wants he can do the same thing all over again and then that team can trade his rights away to another team. I think.

WRONG, they will have his rights, right up until draft day (2010) just like we would if we didn't trade him. No team is going to trade for him unless they know he will sign and I think the only team that knows he would sign with them is the Cowboys and im sure they will just take there chances on drafting him.
Share 49ersWebzone