LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 194 users in the forums

Crabtree Discussion Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I don't see what the point is to both sides sitting with their thumbs up their asses not actively negotiating.

The stupid is strong on both sides of the fence.

Agree. Talk, people, talk.

What really is there to talk about. The offer fits the slot and we have 2 1st rounders that we have to try and sign next year. We could add a year and make it look bloated but what good is that going to do. Its not the total # crabtree is wanting it is the guaranteed # he is looking at. As for his advisers and Deon he might well not need the money but how long are product endorses going to keep him if he is not on the field. He will not be a top ten pick next year and will be one more year away from FA. This is a lose lose for Crabtree. As a large company CEO I am not going to continue to pay him to endorse something when no one sees him on Sunday, plus he now is seen as a money hungry prima-donna, do I want that representing my product. NO. While the Niners might lose a first rounder in the process they will be ok as draft picks are a crap shoot anyway, but Crabtree comes out of this smelling like a portapoty that not many will want.
Does anyone KNOW what Craptree is actully seeking from the 9ers?

We have heard what the 9ers are FAIRLY offering him.... but what is it that Crap[tree wants?

You can't say the 9ers are unreasonable or not really trying if you don't know what Money Figure Craptree actully is demanding and not budging off of.
LOL...I think this is all the storm before the calm....

IE...Crabtree is going to use all he has in the days an hours before he signs. He may not sign before Sunday, but he'll sign within the month.

He just stands to lose too much money.

I do think that the Niners are going to have to give a bit on this one, but they aren't going to go with DHB money.

For all of those calling him selfish, Craptree, a "me" first player...I don't think your seeing the big picture here.

What we would ALL want to hear is that he simply LOVES the game of football and would play it for free.

Thats not realistic. Here's the deal...

...Put yourself in his position. You have a chance to set yourself up for life financially. How many times in your life will you have the negotiating power to leverage massive amounts of money to last you and yours a lifetime? Lets say he signs the niner deal and then breaks his neck in week 3. This would be his only payday. He has to ASSUME he will never get a chance at another contract like this again. It would be irresponsible of him to expect a second payday.

Now, his error here is not being selfish or not loving the game.

His error here is being mis-informed, getting bad advice, and being unable to accept that the payday he was expecting isn't coming.

Deion Sanders said "you can't miss what you don't have". That sounds like a stupid statement, but I understand what he means.

As long as Crabtee doesn't sign, he still thinks he has a shot at 30-40 Mil. As soon as he signs, he's only guaranteed 16. Both are rediculously large amounts of money, but he probably doesn't see it as he's making 16, he feels like he is LOSING 20 million.

I'm not trying to say his holdout is the right move or that he deserves more money. What I'm saying is that even tho I disagree with his position, I understand it.

At some point, he's going to realize the magnitude of what he's risking and he'll sign a contract.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 10, 2009 at 16:45:14 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ang:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Hey, I just wanted to add my two cents to this ridiculously long thread...

There you go... now that that's over with.

Seriously mod's, 140 something pages and counting, how is this better than multiple threads? You know no one is going to read every post (2k and counting)... this just blows me away is all, LOL.

what would you recommend we do?

It's been mention many times over by different posters. It reall doesn't matter what we suggest. It's going to get modded the way it's going to get modded anyway.

I'll waste my keystrokes yet again.

Just because 2, 3 or 4 threads may be talking about a certain player means the discussion is the same. But mods see multiple threads on a certain player and merge them. Thus the intent of a certain thread gets lost in another thread discussing something totally different.

Mods should atleast wait and see if the multiple thread(s) takes on the same discussion as the "official" thread before merging. If the content is relatively the same then merge.

There are 30 threads on each page. Is it really going to hurt if the bottom 10ish gets bumped to the 2nd page?

But back to your post as to what to do in this particular situation.

I don't know how many posts in here have been merged. But I bet if other threads that had different intent didn't get locked, this thread wouldn't be as long and posters would be able to pick out what they wanted to read. Instead of having to skip a thread entirely because of the length.

Thank you... it seems like they just take the easy way out by merging everthing together into one monstrous thread that no one even wants to read due to it being longer than War and Peace.

Once again, it's just funny to me... other than that, I could care less what the "Mods" do.

Your points are noted, but I can tell you that not everyone shares this opinion. Many posters prefer to NOT have several threads discussing the same issues with several different spins. Threads then become littered with posts such as "like I said in THIS thread..." with links to where the discussion is already going on. It's not pretty that way either, and causes people to lose interest. Then we do end up with good threads falling off the first page of the forum. Can you see that side of it?

We are doing our best to assure that the boards are easy to navigate. Unfortunately, we can't please everyone no matter how we handle it.

My suggestion would be, that you just pick up reading the lengthy threads where you left off on your last visit. There shouldn't be much difference between that, and having to skim through numerous thread topics for what you're looking for. Which would SURELY mean going through the first 2 pages of NT if we let everyone have a free-for-all.

This is the best way that we have found to handle things.

If you have further questions or concerns, please PM a moderator rather than post complaints in threads.

Thanks.

and overall you guys do a fine job! Just a little touchy on the merge button IMO.

Let it play out for a page or two to see what direction it takes beforehand.

Oh and BTW, maybe you guys should delete threads that get locked or otherwise you're defeating the whole purpose of locking them in the 1st place. Because threads are still getting bumped to the 2nd page.

Just my .02
Originally posted by westcoastchamps:
To all the people who feel good about making fun of people with spelling and gramer problems im ok with that becuse when you had you head cramed in a english book in school a was banging you girl friend

I know I'm late in this part of the thread, but this was a great post.

...of course my response would be shut up and get my fries man!
Originally posted by Marvin49:
LOL...I think this is all the stor before the calm....

IE...Crabtree is going to use all he has in the days an hours before he signs. He may not sign before Sunday, but he'll sign within the month.

I do think that the Niners are going to have to give a bit on this one, but they aren't going to go with DHB money.

For all of those calling him selfish, Craptree, a "me" first player...I don't think your seeing the big picture here.

What we would ALL want to hear is that he simply LOVES the game of football and would play it for free.

...Put yourself in his position. You have a chance to set yourself up for life financially. How many times in your life will you have the negotiating power to leverage massive amounts of money to last you and yours a lifetime? Lets say he signs the niner deal and then breaks his neck in week 3. This would be his only payday. He has to ASSUME he will never get a chance at another contract like this again. It would be irresponsible of him to expect a second payday.

His error here is being mis-informed, getting bad advice, and being unable to accept that the payday he was expecting isn't coming.

Deion Sanders said "you can't miss what you don't have". That sounds like a stupid statement, but I understand what he means.

As long as Crabtee doesn't sign, he still thinks he has a shiot at 30-40 Mil. As soon as he signs, he's only guaranteed 16. Both are rediculously l;arge amounts of money, but he probably doesn't see it as he's making 16, he feels like he is LOSING 20 million.

I'm not trying to say his holdout is the right move or that he deserves more money. What I'm saying is that even tho I disagree with his position, I understand it.

At some point, he's going to realize the magnitude of what he's risking and he'll sign a contract.

Except.... Craptree appears to have a crazy type of thinking mode, and he simply may NEVER get it.
Originally posted by BigMar:

We have heard what the 9ers are FAIRLY offering him.... but what is it that Crap[tree wants?

You can't say the 9ers are unreasonable or not really trying if you don't know what Money Figure Craptree actully is demanding and not budging off of.

The only people who really know what the two sides are asking for are not saying.

As long as Crabtee doesn't sign, he still thinks he has a shot at 30-40 Mil. As soon as he signs, he's only guaranteed 16. Both are rediculously large amounts of money, but he probably doesn't see it as he's making 16, he feels like he is LOSING 20 million.

He IS being selfish, as even 16mil guaranteed would be more than enough to set him up for life. That is WAY more money than 99% of people will see in their entire life.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Chad ocho cinco: "tough situation about crabtree, I cant comment on that because I dont know about the situation, if I [he] were in crabtrees place, I [he] would have signed a long time ago."
See even a screw ball like Ocho Cinco can see what Crabdouche is doing is stupid.

crabtree should listen to chad. get your ass on the team man! i think the 9ers are waiting just to call his bluff and if he doesnt budge hopefully theyll atleast start negotiating again. crab should budge though, this is boggling my mind.
Originally posted by saj4423:
Originally posted by BigMar:

The only people who really know what the two sides are asking for are not saying.

It's been openly reported what the 9ers FAIRLY have put on the table. However, I have not seen one report indication WHAT Craptree is holding out for... have you?

Craptree could be asking for the earth, moon and sun. Until Craptree Camp gives a real idea or close hint of what that clown wants, nobody here can judge the 9ers as not trying or being cheap.

Craptree camp should come forward and say what is the figure they are being so freak'en stubborn on.

JUST GIVE HIM 2 MILLI MORE PLEASE. GET HIM IN HERE BY SUNDAY BABY LET'S GO GOGOGOOGOG
Originally posted by Method:
JUST GIVE HIM 2 MILLI MORE PLEASE. GET HIM IN HERE BY SUNDAY BABY LET'S GO GOGOGOOGOG
Originally posted by battletowin:
Originally posted by MrAdrenaline:

He IS being selfish, as even 16mil guaranteed would be more than enough to set him up for life. That is WAY more money than 99% of people will see in their entire life.

Yes, but your missing the point.

40 Mil and 20 mil are BOTH enough to live on for a lifetime.

His problem isn't that he thinks 16 mil isn't enough for him. His problem is that he's been told there are teams that are willing to give him 40 and he thinks he's being cheated out of 20 Mil.

I think I might have an issue if I were cheated out of 20 million dollars!!

The BIGGER issue to me is how the hell does he know 2 teams would offer him that.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 10, 2009 at 16:56:04 ]
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by battletowin:

Or remove the incentives in the contract! He would still get paid between 9 and 11.
Share 49ersWebzone