There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If it come down to a RB cut who do you keep.

If it come down to a RB cut who do you keep.

I know it's not the question but you can't cut either. MRob provides very good depth at RB and FB and is a terrific ST's player. Kory Sheets has played to darn well and I think he may have more upside than Coffee. I think in 2011, we will have a very good RB duo of Glenn Coffee-Kory Sheets.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Both

Here are the keepers.

Halfbacks

Gore
Coffee
Sheets

Fullbacks

Norris
Robinson, he can play both, not a true FB but big enough, and a good team guy

This.

double THIS!!
23% of the webzoners are delusional if they want to keep Robinson over Sheets. Robinson has been on the roster how many years, and has never produced highlights. Brit Miller can replace him on ST and Sheets has the speed to change a game.
Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for AXEGRINDER.
Originally posted by backontop:
Both

Here are the keepers.

Halfbacks

Gore
Coffee
Sheets

Fullbacks

Norris

This.

double THIS!!

These.

Miller will be safe on the PS.
Originally posted by 9erred:
23% of the webzoners are delusional if they want to keep Robinson over Sheets. Robinson has been on the roster how many years, and has never produced highlights. Brit Miller can replace him on ST and Sheets has the speed to change a game.

MRob has played well at RB when given the chance and has made some plays (check the Redskins game when he made a big catch on 3rd down). Plus he is also a very solid FB and he is not a good ST's player, he is a great ST's player. He covers really well on kicks and is a great blocker on returns.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Both

Here are the keepers.

Halfbacks

Gore
Coffee
Sheets

Fullbacks

Norris

This.

double THIS!!

These.

If Miller gets cut another team will snatch him up pretty quick. The only way that doesn't happen is if there is a surprise FB cut from another team. I hope we keep Miller, he did what he needed to do in preseason to make the team and he deserves to be on the team.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

MRob has played well at RB when given the chance and has made some plays (check the Redskins game when he made a big catch on 3rd down). Plus he is also a very solid FB and he is not a good ST's player, he is a great ST's player. He covers really well on kicks and is a great blocker on returns.

You must not be watching the same games I watch. Robinson NEVER turned into the RB that Nolan envisinioned when he drafted him. He also is nota solid FB, he is a solid HB, but not a solid FB.

The team needs game changers, Sheets is a game changer, Robinson is not. I think both will make the team, they will keep Gore, Coffee, Robinson and Sheets with Norris and Brit Miller as the FB's. Runnign 60% of the time, they need this line up.
so let me get this straight. if it came down to it...both these guys are looking at the number 3 running back spot. The way out offense is geared say Gore takes about 85% of the snaps. while Coffee takes 10%. that leaves between 15-20 carries the whole year. the rest of the time theyre on ST. full time. would i have a near probowler at ST on my roster or a rookie wholl maybe get that big play 2 maybe 3 times this year if hes lucky? i dunno...tough choice
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
so let me get this straight. if it came down to it...both these guys are looking at the number 3 running back spot. The way out offense is geared say Gore takes about 85% of the snaps. while Coffee takes 10%. that leaves between 15-20 carries the whole year. the rest of the time theyre on ST. full time. would i have a near probowler at ST on my roster or a rookie wholl maybe get that big play 2 maybe 3 times this year if hes lucky? i dunno...tough choice

Delusional is you think the stats below are worthy of a roster spot. Also and heaven forbid, but is Gore or Coffee get injured, Sheets would be a better number 2 in my opnion than Robinson.

Looks at Robinsons Stats

2006 49ers 16 0 38 116 3.1 33 2 9 47 5.2 0 0 0
2007 49ers 15 1 26 121 4.7 28 0 11 73 6.6 0 1 0
2008 49ers 16 1 19 50 2.6 10 0 17 202 11.9 0 1 1
Career 47 2 83 287 3.5 33 2 37 322 8.7

Sheets WILL NOT get more than 1-3 carries a game.

Robinson just brings added versatility as a Tazer/RB/FB/Special teams. He is the most versatile player on the team.

Bottom line, Sheets contribution to the team is extremely limited especially in comparison to Robinson.

-9fA

Delusional is you think the stats below are worthy of a roster spot. Also and heaven forbid, but is Gore or Coffee get injured, Sheets would be a better number 2 in my opnion than Robinson.

Looks at Robinsons Stats

2006 49ers 16 0 38 116 3.1 33 2 9 47 5.2 0 0 0
2007 49ers 15 1 26 121 4.7 28 0 11 73 6.6 0 1 0
2008 49ers 16 1 19 50 2.6 10 0 17 202 11.9 0 1 1
Career 47 2 83 287 3.5 33 2 37 322 8.7

It just doesnt make sense to me kicking off a probowler in 1/3 othe game for a guy who can run fast. You're looking at pure stats. Niether Robinson or Sheets is gonna touch the bal more than 20 times the entire year. if either frank or Glenn get injured i gaurantee the niners will sign a vet out there and hell be pounding the rock splitting just as much. when u go down to the number 2-3 spots u gotta look at total value to teh team. its the same reason why teams wont sign guys like Derrick brooks to even a backup spot. Guy has no ST value.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Because Coffee can pass block and catch well, I would keep Sheets.

Didn't look too impressive in that facet against Dallas.

The answer is Robinson.

[ Edited by Schulzy on Sep 2, 2009 at 18:57:38 ]

I dont think Gore will see 85% of the snaps. I bet its more like 70% with Coffee getting 20-25% leaving 5-10% for RB #3. Sheets could actually make a difference if he touches the ball in his limited 3-5 times a game. Robinson would be a non-factor.
Both

Here are the keepers.

Halfbacks

Gore
Coffee
Sheets

Fullbacks

Norris

This.

double THIS!!

These.

If Miller gets cut another team will snatch him up pretty quick. The only way that doesn't happen is if there is a surprise FB cut from another team. I hope we keep Miller, he did what he needed to do in preseason to make the team and he deserves to be on the team.

So who would you let go of? All of the keepers listed here would be snatched up too.
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Both

Here are the keepers.

Halfbacks

Gore
Coffee
Sheets

Fullbacks

Norris

This.

double THIS!!

These.

So who would you let go of? All of the keepers listed here would be snatched up too.

We are going to run the ball 60% of the time so an extra FB couldn't hurt