Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

"Expert" rankings

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by aacadena:
Originally posted by XAnGeLicDiAbLoX:
Shaun Hill has shown in at least three games last year that he can run the hurry up 2-minute offense.

1. Against the Cardinals: Hill was calmly and confidently bringing us back only to give room for Martz to have a brain fart.

2. Against Miami: Hill was once again driving us with confidence and rythm only to have our 3rd string RT completely miss a call and our OC call the play to the wrong side.

3. Against the Rams: On the drive prior to the deep ball to Morgan, Hill gave us a TD on a very nice hurry up drive.

Hill comes through. He can't help if Martz sucked.

and...

4. He had another game winning drive against the redskins at the end of the year.

Gayest post i've ever read, sorry Joe Cool but your Obsession with Hill is making you Dillusional. If he was such a gamer, we would have been in the Playoffs in 08. Plus against the Cards he had two picks, which should have been 3. You can't blame that interception to Adrian Wilson on Martz, the drive before our last drive in that game.

Huh? My post on Hill at the end of games was in reply to what one of the "pundits" said "if" he can do. What was it, I'm paraphrasing but it was if Shaun Hill can run the hurry up offense...

So what, he had a terrible 3rd quarter against the Cards. He came back strong and has shown nothing but poise late in games. What are you talking about?

Nasty Nate Davis is the future
damn if we can get good qb play we'll be straight. if not another long boring disappointing season of 3 and outs with teams stacking the box.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
damn if we can get good qb play we'll be straight. if not another long boring disappointing season of 3 and outs with teams stacking the box.

i just wonder what will happen if Hill starts to falter. im hoping it doesnt happen but do you think Sing sticks with him or pulls him after a bad performance or two?
Shaun Hill has shown in at least three games last year that he can run the hurry up 2-minute offense.

1. Against the Cardinals: Hill was calmly and confidently bringing us back only to give room for Martz to have a brain fart.

2. Against Miami: Hill was once again driving us with confidence and rythm only to have our 3rd string RT completely miss a call and our OC call the play to the wrong side.

3. Against the Rams: On the drive prior to the deep ball to Morgan, Hill gave us a TD on a very nice hurry up drive.

and...

4. He had another game winning drive against the redskins at the end of the year.

Gayest post i've ever read, sorry Joe Cool but your Obsession with Hill is making you Dillusional. If he was such a gamer, we would have been in the Playoffs in 08. Plus against the Cards he had two picks, which should have been 3. You can't blame that interception to Adrian Wilson on Martz, the drive before our last drive in that game.

Huh? My post on Hill at the end of games was in reply to what one of the "pundits" said "if" he can do. What was it, I'm paraphrasing but it was if Shaun Hill can run the hurry up offense...

So what, he had a terrible 3rd quarter against the Cards. He came back strong and has shown nothing but poise late in games. What are you talking about?

HAHA sorry, the Gay thing was the "Gamer" tag.
actually that second "official" pick was in the 4th quarter against the Cards. So he didnt only struggle in the 3rd quarter of that game. Let's see him against a good defense like the Titans before we start giving him the "Gamer" tag. Cuz he's gaming in Preseason has been s**tty. 11 wins might be likely, but what's even more likier is that Hill will not be the starter for the full season. Injury or gameplay will contribute to that. Smith or Davis or Both will have their chance to prove what they have. The reason i say Injury is becasue of our pass protection. It's horrible. I feel bad for all three of these Qbs, if they face a 3rd and 9 or longer. He can run the 2 minute offense which he did show but his lack of expierence showed after Jason Hill got us to the 2 yard line and he didn't just "Command" the rest of the guys to just go spike the ball.

I really hope he does well cuz i hate the Cards like a lesbian hates real dick. So this post is in much more refrence to the "Gamer" tag you are crowning him rather than the 3 good reasons you placed as why he can run the 2 minute offense.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

i just wonder what will happen if Hill starts to falter. im hoping it doesnt happen but do you think Sing sticks with him or pulls him after a bad performance or two?

singletary is nothing like nolan where its obvious the qb is sucking costing you gms like freaking jto and keeps him there when pretty much the season is getting to the half way point. singletary will pull his ass like he did jto when he 1st took over and he almost did when hill was horrible in stl. i got faith in singletary in whatever he does. i love the fact singletary will play anyone including rookies unlike that other coach we had if he thinks hes better than the vet and gives us the better chance to win
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
Originally posted by 49ers1fan1982:
Looks like the popular choice for out record with the pundits is from 6-10 to 9-7

That's why we are winning 11 games!! Most of the pundits are usually wrong!!!

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

and...

Nasty Nate Davis is the future

hill isnt gonna cut it. davis is the future.....
  • ZRF80

and...

Listen macadamia nut; Im on board with Hill as well, as should you. He may not be the heir apparent, but his play isnt as atrocious as Alex Smith's. The guy CAN and DOES move the chains. Im not directing this comment at you, but I find it ironic that when Hill messes up in a new offense, everyone's asking for his neck..........yet when Smith did it consistently throughout his years as starter, people were quick to remind everyone that "it's a new offense" and "he's only 10 years old" and "his jockstrap's on too tight".

The guy has played under 2 coordinators (now his 3rd), and had considerable success despite practicing with the 3rd team. Now he gets his shot as a starter; lets give him a chance before we lynch him, eh ?
I've always thought Hill handled the 2m.o pretty well.Although he has legs off noodles and he throws a gut clutching pass now and again, he has always showed he's a gamer.In the little time he was a starter he was decent.Hill can handle the 2's just fine as long as there is good time management,good play calling and good excecution from the team as a whole.The only thing I don't like about Hill is I fear he may get injured.IMO,he may not be the answer for the future, but he is the fill in the blank answer now.

if you are going off of preseason as a major sample of why he isn't a gamer, then you better say Nate clements isn't a gamer. Yes he had a terrible run in a game with the cards, a team you think doesn't have a real defense. You mean theteam that went to the superbowl? Just stop right there.

and...

HAHA sorry, the Gay thing was the "Gamer" tag.
actually that second "official" pick was in the 4th quarter against the Cards. So he didnt only struggle in the 3rd quarter of that game. Let's see him against a good defense like the Titans before we start giving him the "Gamer" tag. Cuz he's gaming in Preseason has been s**tty. 11 wins might be likely, but what's even more likier is that Hill will not be the starter for the full season. Injury or gameplay will contribute to that. Smith or Davis or Both will have their chance to prove what they have. The reason i say Injury is becasue of our pass protection. It's horrible. I feel bad for all three of these Qbs, if they face a 3rd and 9 or longer. He can run the 2 minute offense which he did show but his lack of expierence showed after Jason Hill got us to the 2 yard line and he didn't just "Command" the rest of the guys to just go spike the ball.

I really hope he does well cuz i hate the Cards like a lesbian hates real dick. So this post is in much more refrence to the "Gamer" tag you are crowning him rather than the 3 good reasons you placed as why he can run the 2 minute offense.
San Francisco #23.

San Francisco 49ers – Denise DeBartolo York/John York (Jed York): For the first time in a long while, I have a decent feeling about this once fabulous franchise. Much of that stems from the fact that John York has largely joined his wife, Denise, in the background and allowed his son, Jed, to take charge of the franchise’s day-to-day operations. With an underrated general manager in Scot McCloughan and an intriguing rookie coach in Mike Singletary, the Niners could be on the verge of a competitive revival. Off the field, the stadium situation remains a disaster, and I’m not overly confident that a potential deal with Santa Clara will produce the new home the Yorks have been trumpeting. I also hear that Jed, 28, is fond of speaking out in NFL meetings without really saying much, if only to make others aware of his presence. But given that Jed speaks regularly with his uncle Eddie DeBartolo, the man whose awesome ownership reign produced the greatest run of sustained excellence in modern NFL history (including five Super Bowl championships in 14 years), I’m willing to believe good things are on the immediate horizon. Then again, perhaps this is partly a function of the exceptionally low standards set by his dad. As one owner says, “Jed’s unborn child is already a better owner than his old man.” Ouch.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvfGIlYXSaqrEJR0qLESk.Or0op4?slug=ms-ownerrankingspartone09020&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Screw the other NFL owners. They all hated Eddie, because he did whatever it took to win, paid his players well, and treated his players first class. If Jed is listening to Eddie, I'm just fine with that. Besides, these other owners should be grateful that Jed is holding the slotting line with Crabtree.

Jed's ownership will ultimately be measured by his ability to get a new stadoium constructed somewhere (anywhere) in the Bay Area. Only with the new stadium, can the club continue to muster the resources for a consistent winning team.

I will continue to rank ownership in terms of Super Bowl trophies, nothing more, nothing less.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Screw the other NFL owners. They all hated Eddie, because he did whatever it took to win, paid his players well, and treated his players first class. If Jed is listening to Eddie, I'm just fine with that. Besides, these other owners should be grateful that Jed is holding the slotting line with Crabtree.

Jed's ownership will ultimately be measured by his ability to get a new stadoium constructed somewhere (anywhere) in the Bay Area. Only with the new stadium, can the club continue to muster the resources for a consistent winning team.

I will continue to rank ownership in terms of Super Bowl trophies, nothing more, nothing less.

I feel you but it is about more than trophies considering that some owners don't even care bout trophies rather profit margins. It is a business.

Right, it's what he does for the other 58 minutes that is my concern.
Quote:
I also hear that Jed, 28, is fond of speaking out in NFL meetings without really saying much, if only to make others aware of his presence.

thats clowning. And probably true. Can't say that I have ever been impressed by anything the kid says either