LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 305 users in the forums

"Expert" rankings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Espn week 2

That's a joke. I wonder who the voter was who still had the Tards at 11, and us at 22.

Probably a voter who knows that the best team doesn't always win.
If Sing and Raye keep running the ball even against 8-9 men in the box, we'll be ranked at the bottom of the league in offense. Now, if we adapt the playcalling (like the 4th quarter drive) this offense could be really good.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
What qualifies anyone as an "expert" when it comes to the NFL.

exactly

to me an expert is anyone who has a lifetime average of 51% or better on money bets.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Espn week 2

That's a joke. I wonder who the voter was who still had the Tards at 11, and us at 22.

Kuharsky.
LINK!
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Vic Carucci
The 49ers have promising young talent and Mike Singletary is a good coach. But neither starter Shaun Hill nor backup Alex Smith are good enough quarterbacks to take them very far.
Prediction: 6-10, third in NFC West

Steve Wyche
Sleeper alert: If the quarterback play can be just better than average, a good defense and a strong running game could bring excitement back to the Bay.
Prediction: 9-7, second in NFC West

Pat Kirwan
This team has attitude and will play a physical style on both sides of the ball. The question is, can any of the quarterbacks make plays in a hurry up, come from behind situation?
Prediction: 8-8, second in NFC West

Bucky Brooks
Mike Singletary has molded the Niners in his image, and their hard-hitting ways results in an impressive season. The playoffs will have to wait, but the team is on track to become a contender soon.
Prediction: 9-7, second in NFC West

Jason La Canfora
There isn't much separating the teams in this division so how about a three-way tie?
Prediction: 9-7, first in NFC West

Link

I think they were generous. I REALLY don't understand why after one game, and one drive (cause lord knows he stunk it up the rest the game), people think Hill is sufficient and feel the need to post in his defense.

Hill and the offensive line (although Coach Mike feels the oline is going to be very good which makes me hopeful) will be this teams downfall once again. The defense, which has top 10 potential imo, will begin to play at a lower level the more time that goes by in which our offense spends sooo much time going 3 and out. Once the defense play starts to dip the immense help the offense gets starts to disappear and now instead of barely leading or barely behind in a game we are moderately behind at best, requiring Hill to display more of his unacceptable passing skills.

I want to buy in, but I just don't see it. S Hill still looks like a friken back up QB. He was lucky he didn't end that game with 2-3 ints. Arizona played poorly in their D backfield.

Our Oline who has been coached and conditioned to run the ball when Coach Mike deems the ball needs to be run got 30 yards from their stud running back on TWENTY TWO carries. What can you say about that other then to point and laugh? Fank got 1600 in a season where they stuffed the box with 8 and 9 because we had young Alex at the helm and running wasn't nearly the fixation with that coach as it is with our current.

There are things I REALLY want to like about this team, but there are too many major pieces missing for be to feel confident predicting anything more then 6-7 wins.

I posted that article like a month ago, these aren't current projected rankings that were just released.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
What qualifies anyone as an "expert" when it comes to the NFL.

exactly

to me an expert is anyone who has a lifetime average of 51% or better on money bets.

Straight up or betting with points?
With points, obviously. You don't make money by getting 51% of straight-up picks right - you lose money.
Share 49ersWebzone