There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

no reason to think will be better than 7-9

  • walther88
  • Info N/A
i had my hopes up after the end of last year, the new head coach, michael crabtree as our pick, and a new OC....but after seeing smith and hill go 22 for 42 with less than 200 yds and 1 TD!!! i have to be the realest and say were gonna make maybe some noise by how we play but i dont see hill winning games for us. we cant move the ball and we cant hope gore gains 4 yds a carry to get us those 1s downs...so im sorry to say but i hope we do ok if not let them stink it up and lets get sam bradford to crabtree next year cuz were no different than last years team!
  • ZRF80
  • Member
  • Posts: 13,551
Trust me, if we go 7-9......it'll probably be in spite of, not because of, Shaun Hill. Im not saying Hill an all-pro, but he's the least of our concerns. The man has the ability to sustain drives, and limit turnovers. His play, unlike Smith's, will be a direct reflection of how well our o-line plays. Although he has the tendency at times to hold on to the ball too long, he does a pretty good job of getting rid of it when he has a player in the open field. What we saw against Dallas was a bullrush defense; our piss poor o-line could not hold them down. The few opportunities that we did get......our offensive genius Raye decided to run the "wild-Niner". Jesus Christ, I better not see that formation again unless we're up by 20 against an opponent and are trying to kill the clock.

Also, we shouldve done a better job of upgrading at the receiver position during the offseason. Yeah sure....we all pinned our hopes on Crabcakes, but he turned out to be a douche. Even if he signs now, he's pretty much a nonfactor this year. Maybe signing a better option than Matt Jones wouldve given us a more respectable receiving core.

Anywhooos.........Manusky's defense isnt scaring anyone, and it doesnt help that Clements likes to play safety on 3rd and 1.

Those are some of the reasons we will go 7-9 or less, not because of Hill's ineptness.
After living though a season of Hostler I think we're all a little concerned. However, there are reasons for hope as well...

1) Crabtree will sign.
2) K.Balmer looks like the light is coming on.
3) Shaun Hill can look terrible and win games.
4) Patrick Willis
5) Frank Gore
6) High draft picks along the O-line. (Staley Raychel Baas Heitmen)
7) Alex Boone and Kory Sheets? For nothing!?
its just preseason
  • ZRF80
  • Member
  • Posts: 13,551
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
its just preseason

It's been preseason since 2002 (the last time we made the playoffs).
Key: Pass Rush In the first three games, they will be facing Aging but very accurate passers. And if the 49er's can't disrupt their passing attacts, it could be a very long season for them.

In fact, of the 1st five teams they'll be facing, I only see the RAMs as being the only shoe in for the 49er's.

The DEFENSE and avoiding turnovers will be the key to winning against the other four opponents. The 49er's will NOT be able to outscore them in terms of putting a lot of points on the board!

If they can go 3-2 or better in the first 5 games, they will have a good head start!

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Sep 1, 2009 at 05:23:52 ]
My opinion is that Jimmy Raye will have us resembling the offense we ran 2 years ago. I think the biggest mistake of the off-season was not hiring a better O-Coord. Hope I am wrong.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Trust me, if we go 7-9......it'll probably be in spite of, not because of, Shaun Hill. Im not saying Hill an all-pro, but he's the least of our concerns. The man has the ability to sustain drives, and limit turnovers. His play, unlike Smith's, will be a direct reflection of how well our o-line plays. Although he has the tendency at times to hold on to the ball too long, he does a pretty good job of getting rid of it when he has a player in the open field. What we saw against Dallas was a bullrush defense; our piss poor o-line could not hold them down. The few opportunities that we did get......our offensive genius Raye decided to run the "wild-Niner". Jesus Christ, I better not see that formation again unless we're up by 20 against an opponent and are trying to kill the clock.

Also, we shouldve done a better job of upgrading at the receiver position during the offseason. Yeah sure....we all pinned our hopes on Crabcakes, but he turned out to be a douche. Even if he signs now, he's pretty much a nonfactor this year. Maybe signing a better option than Matt Jones wouldve given us a more respectable receiving core.

Anywhooos.........Manusky's defense isnt scaring anyone, and it doesnt help that Clements likes to play safety on 3rd and 1.

Those are some of the reasons we will go 7-9 or less, not because of Hill's ineptness.

The Hill excuses begin already............

Face the facts. Hill is nothing more then mediocre, and as such, we will lose games because of Hill.............
We can seriously go 8-8 and win the NFC West. Arizona's defense is trash. Rams are a disgrace. Seattle looks shakey, hasselbeck cant stay healthy. NFC West is up for grabs and I like our chances. We will win a lot games like 20-13 or 17-10, but I will take any win I can get.
Don't know what our record will be but we will win the division.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,793
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=128954
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
We can seriously go 8-8 and win the NFC West. Arizona's defense is trash. Rams are a disgrace. Seattle looks shakey, hasselbeck cant stay healthy. NFC West is up for grabs and I like our chances. We will win a lot games like 20-13 or 17-10, but I will take any win I can get.

Yes I think this season is gonna keep everyone on the edge of there seats all game long!
niner talk never ceases to amaze me
Originally posted by walther88:
i had my hopes up after the end of last year, the new head coach, michael crabtree as our pick, and a new OC....but after seeing smith and hill go 22 for 42 with less than 200 yds and 1 TD!!! i have to be the realest and say were gonna make maybe some noise by how we play but i dont see hill winning games for us. we cant move the ball and we cant hope gore gains 4 yds a carry to get us those 1s downs...so im sorry to say but i hope we do ok if not let them stink it up and lets get sam bradford to crabtree next year cuz were no different than last years team!

dude have you watch the game , it's only a matter of timing cuz that bulls**t Alex taking reps from hill. that's why he was off. had a pass high for VD, Missed Bruce ( wide open) connected with Battle cuz he is used to him and had most of his reps with him. then the back was limited . but don't worry we have thunder and lightinig Gore/Coffee to start and VD in the Middle and then when the lights go on with Morgan we will have a good O. and hopfully we will sign Crap. and give other teams craps ! our D is better than good held the Cows**ts to 10 points.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=128954
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home