There are 165 users in the forums

When does Scotty M get the boot?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GORO
  • Veteran
He seems to be a pretty good General Manager. I just wish that we had taken a pass rusher or had tried to trade up to get Mark Sanchez for the future.

But Nate Davis really looked good and maybe he could be a gem
Originally posted by geturembedder:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by miked1978:
You fairweather fans kill me. You guys would have called for his head if he didn't draft Crabtree at #10. Hell we would have been the laughing stock of the draft if we passed on Crabs. He also got us 2 first rounders last year.

Personal attacks will get you warned every time........

That's not a personal attack. At best it is a general attack, and that's stretching it since it isn't even an attack.

Calling someone fair weather is expressing an opinion about their fandom. You feel as if your fan hood has been questioned?

Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by geturembedder:
Originally posted by WINiner:
You fairweather fans kill me. You guys would have called for his head if he didn't draft Crabtree at #10. Hell we would have been the laughing stock of the draft if we passed on Crabs. He also got us 2 first rounders last year.

Personal attacks will get you warned every time........

That's not a personal attack. At best it is a general attack, and that's stretching it since it isn't even an attack.

Calling someone fair weather is expressing an opinion about their fandom. You feel as if your fan hood has been questioned?

Now THAT should be a warnable offense.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by 9er2k:

No offense bro but if a top 5 talent is on the board you have to take him and it was a good move to get us two 1st rounders next year but I ask again how many of his 1st round picks pan out?

Which ones were the busts? Nolan was the the final word for the 2005 and 2006 and probably the 2007 season And there is a big gap bewtween a P. Willis pick (HOF) and A Rashan Woods (where are you now) kind of pick and so far, Scotty aint no where close to have made a Woods type pick
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Some of the late rounders have worked out well, yes...but many of the early rounders haven't. Mu biggest problem though, is the players he loses out on and passes over for others. He may have a "plan", but it makes no sense most of the time. He lacks creativity, and does not see the big picture.

Personally, I will never forgive him for missing out when we could have had Rey Maualuga so easily in the 2nd round this year. Sigh. The thoughts of Willis & Maualuga dominating the middle of the field and wreaking havoc for the next decade...

Maualuga went five picks ahead of us in the 2nd round. We didn't need to be trading up for a TED.

Look at how easily some teams traded up in the 1st round, without giving up much. 49ers said they traded out of the 2nd because there were no players of value they wanted at that spot. They also said that two players they DID want (presumably Ron Brace and Maualuga) went in the 6 picks before us. It was obvious that the Pats were looking at Brace, so now as a GM, you know there are FIVE teams in front of you that might take the ONE player you think is a good value there. You don't yet know that the Panthers will offer a trade when the time comes...so the smart move is to trade up to take the player you want. We could have moved up that bit for a 5th rounder, maybe less. But no...instead we sat on our thumbs, and let the draft dictate to us what we would do. I remember a time when that was reversed.

At the time of the second round pick, they needed PAS RUSH, with /Clinit Sintim and Everette Brown on the Board, they failed big itme.
If Crabtree = R. Woods, he's gone. After all, McCloughan has stated that "what's 3-4 months compared to 5-6 years". If it were me, I'd tell CRAPtree to F off for wasting our draft pick on him. But then again, that's just me.
Holmgren Shannahan Vick in '10!!!!!!
Originally posted by GONINERS09:
Holmgren Shannahan Vick in '10!!!!!!

all for holmgren and shannahan!!! screw vick we got 2 number ones next year dont let scott draft ....snatch up mccoy,bradford or teebow and a passrusher with a grudge!!!!
  • MikeyVnutz
  • Info N/A
too bad we can't get rid of uninsightful posts.

this
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by 9er2k:

No offense bro but if a top 5 talent is on the board you have to take him and it was a good move to get us two 1st rounders next year but I ask again how many of his 1st round picks pan out?

Which ones were the busts? Nolan was the the final word for the 2005 and 2006 and probably the 2007 season And there is a big gap bewtween a P. Willis pick (HOF) and A Rashan Woods (where are you now) kind of pick and so far, Scotty aint no where close to have made a Woods type pick

Well Woods was a Donahue pick.The point here is even if Nolan had final say Scott was the one doing all the scouting and Nolan was going off the information given to him by Scott.Besides Gore and Willis I don't see a whole lot of talent coming in from the draft(Brandon Williams anyone?)

R U serious?

See other umtine posts about the subject using, wait for it....the search feature.

Originally posted by English:
Are we so sad now that there is an assumption of sacking? How about making a case for it before inviting comments?

Alex Smith
Vernon Davis
Manny Lawson
Kentwan Balmer
Michael Crabtree

You need your first rounders to make an impact and ours have not made a big impact. There's your case. In defense of Scott M., he's picked up some really nice players in the later rounds. Still, you can't be whiffing with all of the Ones.
If you booted him today, the franchise would be better for it. You all are attempting to justify his below mediocre existence. This franchise has already seen enough of McCloughan, Sing and Raye. It is just absolutely terrible. What quality franchise would have these three in place? How much longer do we need to be punished?
Share 49ersWebzone