There are 347 users in the forums

When does Scotty M get the boot?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How much longer should we keep Scotty?
Are we so sad now that there is an assumption of sacking? How about making a case for it before inviting comments?
he seems to hit a lot of late rounders, so i say...never
too bad we can't get rid of uninsightful posts.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
How many of his 1st round picks have panned out?...I'm just saying
Scotty has a plan and follows it, but the guy gambles and rarely does it pay off. His gambles hurt us every season, and are major contributors to our lack of success.

I think Sing and Scott both get the axe at seasons end if the season plays out the way I expect it to.
His early rounders are gonna have to start stepping up & breaking out or he is gonna start recieving some pressure.
He needs to go after this season. his late rounders don't make up for his erly rounders. cse in point. crabtree will never pan out. NEVER! it's so obvious to see where this is going to go, and history is against him. we did not fill our needs in the first round which was a shame, and it scares me because next yr's draft is loaded with alent, and i see him screwing it up.

sorry but what has he done in the draft that was so good. not much either in the late rounds? he's passed up on some good talent. last yr he could of addressed our fs spot last yr with kenny phillips or added desean jackson as a threat for wr. or in the 4th round cody wallace instead of dwight lowery at the cb spot?
Some of the late rounders have worked out well, yes...but many of the early rounders haven't. Mu biggest problem though, is the players he loses out on and passes over for others. He may have a "plan", but it makes no sense most of the time. He lacks creativity, and does not see the big picture.

Personally, I will never forgive him for missing out when we could have had Rey Maualuga so easily in the 2nd round this year. Sigh. The thoughts of Willis & Maualuga dominating the middle of the field and wreaking havoc for the next decade...
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Rey Maulauga from my home town in Eureka, California. I would have LOVED to see him on the 49ers! Crabtree is just a punk and so is his agent!

You fairweather fans kill me. You guys would have called for his head if he didn't draft Crabtree at #10. Hell we would have been the laughing stock of the draft if we passed on Crabs. He also got us 2 first rounders last year.
Originally posted by miked1978:
You fairweather fans kill me. You guys would have called for his head if he didn't draft Crabtree at #10. Hell we would have been the laughing stock of the draft if we passed on Crabs. He also got us 2 first rounders last year.

Agree, lets see how things unfold.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Some of the late rounders have worked out well, yes...but many of the early rounders haven't. Mu biggest problem though, is the players he loses out on and passes over for others. He may have a "plan", but it makes no sense most of the time. He lacks creativity, and does not see the big picture.

Personally, I will never forgive him for missing out when we could have had Rey Maualuga so easily in the 2nd round this year. Sigh. The thoughts of Willis & Maualuga dominating the middle of the field and wreaking havoc for the next decade...

Maualuga went five picks ahead of us in the 2nd round. We didn't need to be trading up for a TED.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:

No offense bro but if a top 5 talent is on the board you have to take him and it was a good move to get us two 1st rounders next year but I ask again how many of his 1st round picks pan out?
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by RDB4216:

Maualuga went five picks ahead of us in the 2nd round. We didn't need to be trading up for a TED.

Look at how easily some teams traded up in the 1st round, without giving up much. 49ers said they traded out of the 2nd because there were no players of value they wanted at that spot. They also said that two players they DID want (presumably Ron Brace and Maualuga) went in the 6 picks before us. It was obvious that the Pats were looking at Brace, so now as a GM, you know there are FIVE teams in front of you that might take the ONE player you think is a good value there. You don't yet know that the Panthers will offer a trade when the time comes...so the smart move is to trade up to take the player you want. We could have moved up that bit for a 5th rounder, maybe less. But no...instead we sat on our thumbs, and let the draft dictate to us what we would do. I remember a time when that was reversed.
Share 49ersWebzone