LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Jim Hostler vs Jimmy Raye

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
How come all the good teams I've watched play during pre season is far from "vanilla"

They aren't trying to "hide their secret plays" all bulls**t..

Exactly look at the Colts, Patriots and Steelers. They look sharp just like they left off last year
Originally posted by backontop:
How come all the good teams I've watched play during pre season is far from "vanilla"

Exactly look at the Colts, Patriots and Steelers. They look sharp just like they left off last year

Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by BAD_AL:
Originally posted by pimptillo:
After the niner-cowboys game many think the niners offense is just the the 2007 version.

There's a big difference though. Hostler got in over his head trying to combine two different offenses (the west coast and the digit system).  Raye is dedicated to a smaller playbook but at running those small number of plays very effectively. We'll see a much more disciplined, efficient offense.

Basically the offense needs more reps.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised with Jimmy so far. I think he looks very competent as an OC. I was very concerned that we would see a huge dropoff after Martz was let go. But the offense looks like it will be productive.

How could you say that after watching last night's game?

Because he called good game.. but players have to execute. The bench ran the plays well and we were able to see how the plays work when done right. The way i see the bench out shined the starters. All of those players were actually playing to win.

And so did the RAIDERS last yr
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

And so did the RAIDERS last yr

if you notice we are talking about GOOD teams not the lousy Raiders or Lions. Teams that have been SB contenders year in and year out.
ding ding
how bout, tie.
Originally posted by verb1der:
how bout, tie.

either way its really bad...
Why are soooooo many old threads being brought back up? Is it See I Told You So time?
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Why are soooooo many old threads being brought back up? Is it See I Told You So time?

YES!! DESERVINGLY SO!! F**K ALEX SMITH F**K SINGLETARY WE SHOULDNT OF SIGNED HIM SO FAST! WE SHOULDVE SIGNED SHANAHAN

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:

YES!! DESERVINGLY SO!! F%*K ALEX SMITH F&*K SINGLETARY WE SHOULDNT OF SIGNED HIM SO FAST! WE SHOULDVE SIGNED SHANAHAN
Hostler's biggest mentor is Jimmy Raye. Brian Schotenheimer also credits Raye as his mentor and if you watched the Jets game last night, you can see why.
it's like were back to square one all over again..
Originally posted by WestCoast:
it's like were back to square one all over again..

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Hostler's biggest mentor is Jimmy Raye. Brian Schotenheimer also credits Raye as his mentor and if you watched the Jets game last night, you can see why.

lol are you serious?
Share 49ersWebzone