There are 427 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Realistic Expectations for this season

• billystrong8
  • Info N/A
Also quite possibly one of the worst starting safties in all of the NFL and an extremely overpaid yet extremely average cb in Nate! No qb, an average o line, ok recievers! However we do have great rbs and linebackers! These are just a few reasons why we aren't good. I'm as big of a fan as anyone but let's get real we've been a joke for the last 6 years and until we get a qb and good d line we will be average for years to come! Also our owners suck
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

That thing is amazing.
  • whole49yards
  • Info N/A
We have a good chance at a winning season. I don't care about the what ifs and this could happen--come on guys--nows the time to start believing and talking $hit to fans of the other team.

Football begins for real!

Time to start enjoying the season.

Go 9ers!
Because Mike Nolan is gone.
  • NM49ERFAN
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by bigmike55:
fail

is that Josh Freeman from the Bucs?

• NM49ERFAN
  • Info N/A
Seriously, i think people feel that way because we really didn't upgrade from last years team. We still have the same o-line, same receivers, same qb and a new system(again). I personally think we'll be ok.
Originally posted by NM49ERFAN:
Seriously, i think people feel that way because we really didn't upgrade from last years team. We still have the same o-line, same receivers, same qb and a new system(again). I personally think we'll be ok.

Minus Martz/JTO and the ridiculous turnovers from the 7 step drops. Nolan is also gone with his weak ass big nickel defense. That should equate to at least 1-2 more wins.
  • ZRF80
Two words: Jimmy Raye.

When I heard that Singletary wanted to shy away from Niner tradition and become the new Steelers, and Raye was in agreement, I ignored it.

When I heard that Raye had failed with 6 different teams as OC, with a combined record of 60-120 (or close to it), and averaged only 18 points per game (we averaged 21 last year, btw), I ignored it.

When I heard that Jim Hostler claimed that he aspired to be like Raye, I ignored it.

But when I saw the wild-Niner called on a 3rd and long situation, I knew we were in trouble.

We're officially f**ked............
Originally posted by ZRF80:

When I heard that Singletary wanted to shy away from Niner tradition and become the new Steelers, and Raye was in agreement, I ignored it.

When I heard that Raye had failed with 6 different teams as OC, with a combined record of 60-120 (or close to it), and averaged only 18 points per game (we averaged 21 last year, btw), I ignored it.

When I heard that Jim Hostler claimed that he aspired to be like Raye, I ignored it.

But when I saw the wild-Niner called on a 3rd and long situation, I knew we were in trouble.

PRICELESS
  • irief
  • Veteran
No pass rush. No pass protection. Mediocre QB play.
Cuase

Probably looking at two quarterbacks playing and putting up numbers like 1502 yards 12td 11int rating of 76.6 and 1578 yards 8td 8int rating of 69.3

A running back duo that might put up 1364 yards 6td and 588 yards and 2td

The leading receiver on the team doesn’t to any better than 67 catches 810 yards 5td.

Kicker that goes 35/39 with 135 points.

A secondary that gets a lot of interceptions

One of the best LB in the game

They might go a few games without scoring a touchdown

How could you possibly win with that type of play?

i love how evertime i have time to come onto the board, i expect the faithful to be well faithful.. lol. everyone..excuse me alot of people are so negative about the 49ers, you would think that they hate them. all i ever see is "why we not win" your doubts on shaun hill" "crabtree/cashtree/craptree/divatree blah blah blah." "alex smith sucks" "our WR suck" damn people try and think positive for once and again its not everyone, there are alot of faithful still

Lol.

The Steelers just won the Super Bowl...just sayin....

7-9, 8-8 at best

its a very tough schedule