There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niner cuts

• dj43
  • Veteran
These were all just camp fodder guys. They were brought in to fill out positions in order to facilitate good practice sessions. None of them were ever considered to have legit shots at making the roster. They came in, did their jobs and made their $5,000/week. Nice summer time job. Now they can go back to school, or stocking shelves at Safeway.
Originally posted by tohara3:
It sounds like Huard may be going to Patriots if we release him.

Yes, considering they just released O'Connell, they will be prowling for a backup to Brady, Huard would be a good fit.
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by jogr49:
The second set of cuts are going to be tough.

And if this organization had the guts, Alex Smith would be cut.

I totally agree. It's about time to pull the plug on the Alex Smith experiment. It might happen for him somewhere, but it's not going to be with the 9ers.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Yes, considering they just released O'Connell, they will be prowling for a backup to Brady, Huard would be a good fit.

We should leak that we might cut Smith then trade them Huard for a 5th or 6th rounder.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by jogr49:
The second set of cuts are going to be tough.

And if this organization had the guts, Alex Smith would be cut.

I agree with you. However McClueless will not cut him because he would be admitting he made mistake two with him. First drafting and then resigning him.

Out of all the stupid nicknames, this one has to be the stupidest.

-9fA
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

Btw, I think O'Connell is worth adding to the PS and developing. He's a big guy with great athletic ability and a big arm. He obviously didn't pan out in New England, but he's got some talent.
No surprises. Hopefully we trade Huard for a late round draft pick to the Patriots.