There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Huard vs. Davis

What would you guys do?..i say put him in right after the first series so he can play against some starters and 2's and if he plays well then we have a desicion to make, cut Huard? make him the number 2? He seems to have IT and looks like a natural, something we havent seen in a long time.

Now, i understand that he has played vs inferior competition but he is a rookie 5th round QB with a learning disability that looks real good and we already know what we have in Alex, so im all for him to take the field in the first quarter and let him finish the game.
if alex isnt back

2nd quarter

but based on Hill's performance, Singletary may leave him in there until halftime
Originally posted by ads_2006:
if alex isnt back

2nd quarter

but based on Hill's performance, Singletary may leave him in there until halftime

I'm almost ready to say screw it and let Hill play the whole game (won't happen). He looks like he's got no confidence out there.

If Hill doesn't pull it together in time for the Arizona game, they're going to kick our ass big time (and then Seattle will clean up the mess).
Hill

Smith

Davis

good bye Huard
Wow, there is definetly some concern with Hill, obviously
he isnt a leader, no passion, no urgency, not pumping up his teammates.
He plays with excitement, even when he talks he puts me to sleep....
Thats what so evident with our QB position. Lets wait and see if Hill
wakes up and looks the role before the season opener!!!! Nate Davis
is a keeper...
The writing is on the wall.

Huard was just brought in as a veteran QB who could play well enough during training camp to develop the other players on the team like the WRs while the team could be patient with Nate.

Your #3 QB is usually a young guy, who you want to develop slowly. Davis, however, is showing promise and potential at much faster rate.

Huard was gone two weeks ago.
Davis is a keeper. Can't risk him on the ps.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
QB Damon Huard played just one series. He completed 2 of 4. It's unknown whether Huard will remain with the team. The 49ers have fielded some calls about Huard's availability.

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/08/singletary-no-such-thing-as-meaningless-game.html

huard for a pass rusher
Davis FTW
They didn't give Huard very many snaps; that can't bode well for him.
What about Smith vs Davis?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Brock Huard tells John Clayton on his radio show: "I wonder if Damon Huard gets a call (from Patriots) if he gets released in (S.F.)."

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco

pffff.... if the Patriots wanted someone better they would trade for Alex Smith.

Your kidding, right??
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Brock Huard tells John Clayton on his radio show: "I wonder if Damon Huard gets a call (from Patriots) if he gets released in (S.F.)."

http://twitter.com/MattMaiocco

pffff.... if the Patriots wanted someone better they would trade for Alex Smith.

Your kidding, right??

hey Bro, this is what I have learned in Niner Talk.....so it must be true.
Originally posted by PTulini:
John Clayton also said that he believes Tom Brady has a partcially torn rotator cuff. He expects Brady to be out atleast the next 4-6 weeks! Also, that Huard makes the most sense because he used to be with the Patriots.

Thank god I took Brees over Brady in my fantasy league.
I'm with Kolohe here in that Smith has a better trade value than Hill. PLUS as I've been saying all along, Smith needs some good QB coaching and I believe that he can get it in New England.

The problem is that the Pats probably needs a proven reliever right now so they don't have the time to develop someone.

But if Smith can develop behind Brady and with good tutoring, he may turn out to be decent QB.