There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive post-game analysis (week 3)

Tim rattay often was 5 of 5 in preseason

or 14 of 15

most NFL "starting" QBs look great in preseason

Guys....

I want hill to be bad ass ....really bad ass.....

but.....hello......

fighting to .500 in completed passes in preseason is a VERY VERY bad omen....

I normally have to curb my enthusiasm after a preseason game and remind myself that the regular season is different...
Originally posted by modninerfan:
What good is a "taser/wildcat" offense if all you do is run up the gut every time???

I just hope one of these days we will actually have Robinson pass the ball for a big TD... hopefully during this upcoming season.

Agreed. What a waste of a play.

-9fA
Robinson runs it because he's a former QB and is athletic enough for it.

However, what people forget is that the WildcatTaser (whatever you want to call it) isn't a new offense. Its basically the Single-Wing, one of the oldest offenses in football. Every single DC in the NFL, yes even Nolan, knows how to stop the Single-Wing.
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
Originally posted by jreff22:
So it looks like we are drafting a QB in 2010!

Too bad no one on the 49ers knows how to develop a QB.

Someone tell Mike Holmgren to brush the cheetos off his 'stache and come back home where he belongs.

After watching Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez etc etc I am holding the opinion that a kid either has it or doesn't. This whole let him sit for 2-3 years s**t isn't holding water anymore. A lot of kids are coming in day 1 and preforming without sitting on the damn bench. If the kid has talent he can take the reins and run, we just need to find that kid.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
What good is a "taser/wildcat" offense if all you do is run up the gut every time???

I just hope one of these days we will actually have Robinson pass the ball for a big TD... hopefully during this upcoming season.

Agreed. What a waste of a play.

-9fA

michael spurlock can also throw the ball
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
then again it's preseason...the starters don't give it their all...

Let's hope not. Because if that was their "all" it is not near good enough.
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Originally posted by Kurtz49:
Originally posted by Apone:
I saw alot of games with Davis at Ball State and i loved watching him play, he just seemed to have it and he sure did it tonight. We must keep him as our 3rd QB going into the season. Dont forget that he came into the draft as a junior and was projected as high as the 1st round before the Bowl game in January. Very refreshing performance from our 3rd QB

I agree, but he'll have to wait as I don't see Hill being outset for another 5-7 years.

!?!?!? How does Shaun Hill have a lock on our QB job for the next 5-7 years? Please tell me you mean 5-7 games!

You really think Hill is gonna be our QB for the next 5 years? I really dont see that happening. If the niners don´t think Davis can be developed as a starter then we have to draft a QB in next year draft with alot good QB available. Hill might be our starter for 1 or 2 seasons at most.

Exactly! Here is what I said last week responding to a comment made about how Nate Davis played horrible in his last two College games was the reason behind his drop in the draft.

Quote:
So two games is indicative of his whole college career? The kid was a winner at Ball State and has many school records to prove it. I'm not saying start the kid right away, but we are talking about pre-season here. Why not allow him an opportunity to play against a first team defense so the organization can see what kind of future the kid has with the 49ers? Let's face the facts: 1) Alex Smith will not be here next season 2) If we don't make the playoffs, then you can assume we will have a new QB next season whether it may come via the draft, trade, or free agency. In these next two pre-season games if Nate Davis performs like he performed against Oakland then I believe Nate Davis should be the second string QB.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=128597&start=105

My point was that if Nate Davis was drafted in the first round or even the first day of the draft, then there wouldn't be any question about Nate Davis starting. He obviously has a lot more talent than Hill and Smith and we can all see it. Why Not?

If Alex performed like Davis has, Alex would be starting.
  • obx49
  • Veteran

Someone tell Mike Holmgren to brush the cheetos off his 'stache and come back home where he belongs.

After watching Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez etc etc I am holding the opinion that a kid either has it or doesn't. This whole let him sit for 2-3 years s**t isn't holding water anymore. A lot of kids are coming in day 1 and preforming without sitting on the damn bench. If the kid has talent he can take the reins and run, we just need to find that kid.

My sentiments, exactly!
Originally posted by ttime1:
I saw alot of games with Davis at Ball State and i loved watching him play, he just seemed to have it and he sure did it tonight. We must keep him as our 3rd QB going into the season. Dont forget that he came into the draft as a junior and was projected as high as the 1st round before the Bowl game in January. Very refreshing performance from our 3rd QB

I agree, but he'll have to wait as I don't see Hill being outset for another 5-7 years.

!?!?!? How does Shaun Hill have a lock on our QB job for the next 5-7 years? Please tell me you mean 5-7 games!

You really think Hill is gonna be our QB for the next 5 years? I really dont see that happening. If the niners don´t think Davis can be developed as a starter then we have to draft a QB in next year draft with alot good QB available. Hill might be our starter for 1 or 2 seasons at most.

Exactly! Here is what I said last week responding to a comment made about how Nate Davis played horrible in his last two College games was the reason behind his drop in the draft.

Quote:
So two games is indicative of his whole college career? The kid was a winner at Ball State and has many school records to prove it. I'm not saying start the kid right away, but we are talking about pre-season here. Why not allow him an opportunity to play against a first team defense so the organization can see what kind of future the kid has with the 49ers? Let's face the facts: 1) Alex Smith will not be here next season 2) If we don't make the playoffs, then you can assume we will have a new QB next season whether it may come via the draft, trade, or free agency. In these next two pre-season games if Nate Davis performs like he performed against Oakland then I believe Nate Davis should be the second string QB.

My point was that if Nate Davis was drafted in the first round or even the first day of the draft, then there wouldn't be any question about Nate Davis starting. He obviously has a lot more talent than Hill and Smith and we can all see it. Why Not?

Nate Davis is AWSOME!!!!.....against 3rd stringers. Give it a rest, the guy is likely going to compete for a starting job for the 2010 opener, but for now only injuries will put him in games.

Quote:

Totally agree...to be honest i never have seen Alex performed as good as Nate even playing against backups

Don't tell me Alex didn't have talent around him to excel his play against 2nd and 3rd stringers

Originally posted by Dshearn:
Tim rattay often was 5 of 5 in preseason

or 14 of 15

most NFL "starting" QBs look great in preseason

Guys....

I want hill to be bad ass ....really bad ass.....

but.....hello......

fighting to .500 in completed passes in preseason is a VERY VERY bad omen....

I normally have to curb my enthusiasm after a preseason game and remind myself that the regular season is different...

Did someone say Rattay?

The ladies go all the way with Tim Rattay.
  • obx49
  • Veteran

Quote:

Are you kidding me? They would anoint Alex as the next great QB if he was to play half as well as Nate is right now.
Originally posted by Chief:
I really can't blame Hill at all, our starting receivers got zero separation and the oline looked like complete s**t.

Our entire starting offense looked bad.

Defense play well but still lacked pass rush.

Haha, and there it is... hypocrisy at it's finest. It's all Alexcuses if the OL or receivers fail to do their job... but somehow legit reasons for Shaun Hill's lackluster accomplishment.

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Quote:

Nate Davis is AWSOME!!!!.....against 3rd stringers. Give it a rest, the guy is likely going to compete for a starting job for the 2010 opener, but for now only injuries will put him in games.

No. He is not Awesome; yet. But he does have the best tools to work with. Hill will start the season because the commitment has been made to him. But, Davis may very well start sooner than later.

Tell that to Steve Young.