There are 220 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive post-game analysis (week 3)

Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Ok, I tried to be positive about Hill, but come on people. He looked terrible again tonight, we need QB help. At this rate, I would just as soon have Smith in, at least he throws to the receivers. Our offensive line needs to figure out pass blocking asap or it won't matter who is taking snaps though.

Totally agree, Hill is a backup, not a starter. Smith should be the starter.

Based on what? Nothing.

Based on the fact he throws to the receivers and is more accurate than Hill has looked thus far. Not saying he is great, but Hill has looked really bad so far. You guys slam Smith for his inaccuracy but Hill is doing even worse.

Shaun Hill was getting terrible pass protection all day long. How can you step up in the pocket when Jay Ratliff and Demarcus Ware are right in your face.

So when Smith gets destroyed by a lack of an o-line its an excuse, but when it happens to Hill its not.

I see.
  • SFNinerStud
  • Info N/A
ATTENTION NINERS FANS:

FOR ALL OF YOU THAT THOUGHT SHAUN HILL WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL AND IS A BETTER OPTION THAN SMITH.......

YOU JUST SAW REALITY. HE CAN NOT COMPETE AGAINST A TEAM WITH A SOLID DEFENSE. LOOK AT ALL THE GAMES HE HAS WON AS A STARTER. THEY ARE ALL AGAINST TERRIBLE DEFENSIVE TEAMS.

He does not have the arm to make the passes necessary to beat the defense and he isn't athletic enough to escape the pass rush. He CAN'T compete with the true talent in the NFL. He is a garage winner off of teams like the Rams. Nothing more. I would love to hear someone actually combat this, after watching such a horrific performance with no accuracy or ability to hit a reciever in stride whatsoever. GARBAGE!!!

We need a different option, hopefully Smith gets healthy and ready ASAP. Nate Davis made HILL look like trash. Yes he was playing against 2nd and 3rd team defenses, but remember he was also playing with 2nd and 3rd team offenses. Just food for thought.
Originally posted by prometheus:
Nate Davis has a knack of throwing a good ball and seems a good qb then he uncorks something like a rail gun. He kinda lulls guys into thinking they have seen his best and then he unloads a meteor. He really does have an amazing range of passes and the fact he is pretty accurate with those different passes. We have seen Alex scare seagulls when he tries to change his passes. We don't consider that Davis has come back when he has no margins for many mistakes in the second half. That fact he can manage to be efficient when many qbs knees would be shaking is impressive. It is like working under real pressure. He can't make fatal mistakes like we have seen our qbs make in the last five years. When have our guys faced deficits then told to win games. The comments about playing reserves inferring he is a Joe Montana playing with grammar school kids are irritating. He is playing his peers and making it seem smooth and competent. He is better then any qb in recent memory, even the Ryans and Flaccos.

Wow.
Originally posted by prometheus:
Nate Davis has a knack of throwing a good ball and seems a good qb then he uncorks something like a rail gun. He kinda lulls guys into thinking they have seen his best and then he unloads a meteor. He really does have an amazing range of passes and the fact he is pretty accurate with those different passes. We have seen Alex scare seagulls when he tries to change his passes. We don't consider that Davis has come back when he has no margins for many mistakes in the second half. That fact he can manage to be efficient when many qbs knees would be shaking is impressive. It is like working under real pressure. He can't make fatal mistakes like we have seen our qbs make in the last five years. When have our guys faced deficits then told to win games. The comments about playing reserves inferring he is a Joe Montana playing with grammar school kids are irritating. He is playing his peers and making it seem smooth and competent. He is better then any qb in recent memory, even the Ryans and Flaccos.

I wouldn't go as far as that, but he has shown promise, now we just need to develop him right.
Are you really using the double standard for a guy that missed all of last year?
I am laughing at the anti hill posts. Not too many QB's would have done well behind our line against dallas. Hill did not play well so this must mean that Alex would have done better.

I am glad to see Nate playing well.
One bad thing Nate Davis does too often is run to his right when he feels a little pass rush. That's a bad habit that needs to be fixed. When your running to the right so often you limit yourself to only one side of the field.
[ Edited by Hopper on Aug 29, 2009 at 10:29 PM ]
Originally posted by SFNinerStud:
ATTENTION NINERS FANS:

FOR ALL OF YOU THAT THOUGHT SHAUN HILL WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL AND IS A BETTER OPTION THAN SMITH.......

YOU JUST SAW REALITY. HE CAN NOT COMPETE AGAINST A TEAM WITH A SOLID DEFENSE. LOOK AT ALL THE GAMES HE HAS WON AS A STARTER. THEY ARE ALL AGAINST TERRIBLE DEFENSIVE TEAMS.


stop yelling at me
Um, does anyone realize this is the 5th offense our players have had to learn in 5 years? Nate maybe the future, but now is Hill. He won the competition, he will get more one on one reps with his WRs and get his timing down.

Everyone knows this this preseason right? Even Sing knows not everything is going to work. We ran our offense completely different than we had the past two games and shows there's a lot of plays our team doesn't run well (deep passes and wildcat draws). Raye and Sing will work out the kinks and get our gameplan ready.


Ppl should calm down and not worry so much about preseason, lol...
Originally posted by fister30:
I am laughing at the anti hill posts. Not too many QB's would have done well behind our line against dallas. Hill did not play well so this must mean that Alex would have done better.

I am glad to see Nate playing well.

For real, he is getting the Alex Smith treatment...

It is downright silly to think anyone would do better with such a crappy oline...wait...Smith did have a crappy oline, maybe even worse. At least Hill doesn't have to rely on the human turnstile Kwame Harris for blindside protection.

I too am ecstatic to see Davis playing so well, even against the third stringers. After watching the crappy QB play in the first 2 1/2 quarters, he looked like an all pro. Nice tight spirals and on target reads, pretty good mobility and he keeps his head on a swivel looking for his receivers.
Who played RT for the 1st stringers? Did anyone stand out for the Oline? Did Boone play and if so how did he do?
hello

I just wanted to post before it was merged or locked
Originally posted by RonMexico:
hello

I just wanted to post before it was merged or locked

i made it
With all the blitzs Dallas was bring tonight, I thought our Oline did ok. Sure Hill's pocket was small, but he had time to throw. In fact, it's because of this game I started thinking maybe the problem is our receivers and not Hill, since there was plenty of time for him to get rid of the ball, but he didn't on a number of occasions.

Rachal has been inconsistent.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Who played RT for the 1st stringers? Did anyone stand out for the Oline? Did Boone play and if so how did he do?

Not sure who started at LT, think it was Sims. No one looked very good on the oline tonight, Boone played and did okay, got beat a time or two, but he is still raw.