There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Start Walker

Don't suggest to us. Send an e-mail to Jed York, Scot Mcloughan, Jimmy Raye, & Mike Singletary that you think Vernon Davis should be benched for Walker. I'm sure they will take you very seriously.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Just for esses and gees -

DW = 38 games played (13 started), 33 receptions, 359 yards and 2 TDs.
VD = 40 games played (38 started), 103 receptions, 1,132 yards and 9 TDs.

[thread]
  • rob28
  • Veteran
im a big walker fan but no, davis is the starter. but we need to get him the ball too, he has playmaking ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwFFq0bNauM

^^^any tight end who can run like that needs to get the ball!!!
[ Edited by rob28 on Aug 25, 2009 at 11:19 AM ]
Originally posted by OO9ers:
Originally posted by aacadena:
Haha

Walker starts TE for me in Madden.....But only cuz i have Vernon at Fullback.

Walker is good but Vernon is a beast at blocking and once he masters catching the f**king ball he will be unstoppable especially with Hill at Qb. Alex will also feed him nicely if he ever has to step in becasue that's whose Raye's offense is going to utilize besides Frankie G.

you cant master catching the ball. either you can or cant! VD CANT.

You get the point of "mastering the catch", it just has to be consistent not even the Greatest caught every pass. He's been looking good this year at catching the ball especially in the Denver game. Walker is nowhere near Vernon at blocking.
If you re-watch the Raider pre season game you will find VD blocking his man 5 yards down field consistently. As he was plowing his guy he was also getting in the way of other defenders and making more lanes. It was like an interchange out there with our O-Line PLUS, our ace blocker VD. TE's are meant to block and he does a damn good job. If he can make some plays in the open field thats more of a plus.

Yeah some may say that he was a high pick so he should get more catches, yards, and TDs. But hey, at least he's no Rashon Woods, Reggie Mcgrew, Mike Rumph, Kwame Harris. VD is a guy who can play this mans game.

Delanie is a good WR and can be used in the twin TE set. Heck he can even split out and play WR for all i care. I just want VD out there to make those lanes.
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Delanie Walker is a better playmaker until Vernon proves otherwise.

Based on . . . .???

catching the ball and moving the chains! vernon was never suppose to be a blocker! his intent in the league was suppose to be a catch balls! vernon looked good in the preseason so far. but overall. delanie walker has shown more in the regular season when he isn't injured. td's matter buddy!

i'm not saying delanie walker should start.

I love Walker returning the odd kick too the boy runs like a RB lol he's fast and has a god given gift when the ball is in his hand he always gets us to the 40 yard line! But I like rossum as well so every now and then we should switch it up and put in Delanie. As for starting over Vernon Davis, NO. Also two tight end sets will be a common in this offense so don't count him out of playing time he'll see the field but Vernon is the #1 hands down!
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for alanbeez22.

Based on . . . .???

catching the ball and moving the chains! vernon was never suppose to be a blocker! his intent in the league was suppose to be a catch balls! vernon looked good in the preseason so far. but overall. delanie walker has shown more in the regular season when he isn't injured. td's matter buddy!

why didn't you add the rest of the stuff i said after i said i'm not saying delaniw should start. and what i said about vernon needing to step up and be a tony gonzalez or antonio gates. why do people pin point one thing that they're so stuck on. 49ers fans are great. few i can't understand. i'm saying my point of view. but when you quote me. why not quote the whole thing i'm saying? unless you're a chop and screw kinda guy like REAL MEDIA REPORTERS!
Originally posted by valrod33:
Objection

Davis is one of the best blocking tight ends in the game with our emphasis this year on the running game this would be a dumb idea, and plus Davis to me anyway has looked pretty good in the preseason catching the ball

If Davis is one of the best blocking TE in the game, then he is just a better Billy Bajema. Delanie Walker is a better playmaker until Vernon proves otherwise.

Based on . . . .???

They sure DO, buddy!!!

VD, now with 350% more touchdowns than DW.

both have played... but honestly who gets more playing time??? he prolly gets 350% more playing time as well. i'm not saying delanie walker should start. but vernon needs to get his ass in gear and start looking like tony gonzalez, and antonio gates real soon. he's had way too much time and years to not be called a probowl STARTER!

Dude you got owned and now you are backtracking

how did i get owned?

vernon makes how much? delanie makes how much? delanies playing his production to his price ratio... can you say the same for vernons 4 years? cmon man.

you said delanie started 13 and vernon started 38 and delanie gots 359 yards and vernon gots 1,132... don't you see something wrong with the numbers? vernons not as productive buddy!

Look at the numbers Vernon is more productive than Walker.

Im not saying Vernon has been a Tony Gonzales or an Antonio Gates, but he has been better the Walker, and thats what this is about Walker vs Davis.

Davis is the better overall TE compared to Walker.
Does Davis need to pick up his production? No Doubt
Davis gives us the better chance to win because of his Overall skill set

I like Walker and he is doing exactly what he should do as a backup TE

Walker will get his chances, cuz like a previous poster said i think we will be using a lot of 2 TE sets, but he is nothing more than a sold backup pass catching TE

so basically by saying this. with delania walker in our chances of losing are alot higher? hmmmm. i can't ever recall when davis has helped us win. our wins came off of defense. he has his moments of greatness. but his consistency has killed us. kinda like a smith. vernon is good. don't get me wrong. he's just not consistent. and to be honest with you. delanie walker has been more consistent with catching the ball. not as much of a blocker. but that's what i was saying. brent jones was GREAT cause he caught anything. he was GREAT cause he could block. what i'm saying is VERNON is good cause he could block. and i'm saying DELANIE is good cause he could catch! VERNON LACKS.... why can't you webzoners realize that? HE LACKS CONSISTENCY!
[ Edited by alanbeez22 on Aug 25, 2009 at 11:48 AM ]

Im not saying Vernon has been a Tony Gonzales or an Antonio Gates, but he has been better the Walker, and thats what this is about Walker vs Davis.

Walker will get his chances, cuz like a previous poster said i think we will be using a lot of 2 TE sets, but he is nothing more than a sold backup pass catching TE

so basically by saying this with davis in our chances of losing are alot higher? hmmmm. i can't ever recall when davis has helped us win. our wins came off of defense. he has his moments of greatness. but his consistency has killed us. kinda like a smith.

Where did he say that???

Just curious...

Originally posted by kidash98:

so basically by saying this with davis in our chances of losing are alot higher? hmmmm. i can't ever recall when davis has helped us win. our wins came off of defense. he has his moments of greatness. but his consistency has killed us. kinda like a smith.

Where did he say that???

Just curious...

in response to this... ima go with what "JOECOOL" said. Delanie Walker is a better play maker then Vernon Davis's is until proven otherwise!

Based on . . . .???

why didn't you add the rest of the stuff i said after i said i'm not saying delaniw should start. and what i said about vernon needing to step up and be a tony gonzalez or antonio gates. why do people pin point one thing that they're so stuck on. 49ers fans are great. few i can't understand. i'm saying my point of view. but when you quote me. why not quote the whole thing i'm saying? unless you're a chop and screw kinda guy like REAL MEDIA REPORTERS!

I did, dude. This thread is about starting DW OVER VD, which you appeared to initially agree with, then began to backtrack.

I agree with a lot of what you said about VD needing to be more consistent, but that's not the point of this thread.

Where did he say that???

Just curious...

in response to this... ima go with what "JOECOOL" said. Delanie Walker is a better play maker then Vernon Davis's is until proven otherwise!

what is the based on, is it his 2 career TDs

that argument makes no sense, what has Delanie done to prove he is a better playmaker than Vernon.

Man im gonna stop, cuz it seems like im ragging on Walker, and im not cuz i like the guy im glad he is on our team .

But there is no way he should start over Vernon
Objection

Davis is one of the best blocking tight ends in the game with our emphasis this year on the running game this would be a dumb idea, and plus Davis to me anyway has looked pretty good in the preseason catching the ball

If Davis is one of the best blocking TE in the game, then he is just a better Billy Bajema. Delanie Walker is a better playmaker until Vernon proves otherwise.

Based on . . . .???

They sure DO, buddy!!!

VD, now with 350% more touchdowns than DW.

both have played... but honestly who gets more playing time??? he prolly gets 350% more playing time as well. i'm not saying delanie walker should start. but vernon needs to get his ass in gear and start looking like tony gonzalez, and antonio gates real soon. he's had way too much time and years to not be called a probowl STARTER!

Dude you got owned and now you are backtracking

how did i get owned?

vernon makes how much? delanie makes how much? delanies playing his production to his price ratio... can you say the same for vernons 4 years? cmon man.

you said delanie started 13 and vernon started 38 and delanie gots 359 yards and vernon gots 1,132... don't you see something wrong with the numbers? vernons not as productive buddy!

so basically by saying this. with delania walker in our chances of losing are alot higher? hmmmm. i can't ever recall when davis has helped us win. our wins came off of defense. he has his moments of greatness. but his consistency has killed us. kinda like a smith. vernon is good. don't get me wrong. he's just not consistent. and to be honest with you. delanie walker has been more consistent with catching the ball. not as much of a blocker. but that's what i was saying. brent jones was GREAT cause he caught anything. he was GREAT cause he could block. what i'm saying is VERNON is good cause he could block. and i'm saying DELANIE is good cause he could catch! VERNON LACKS.... why can't you webzoners realize that? HE LACKS CONSISTENCY!

Highlighted in bold is all I need to see to think you either don't watch the games, or are just piling on to be stubborn. The TD's & first downs Davis had do not help them win? His great blocking does not help them win?

Walker, who I like, is not a football God himself. I recall one play in particular where he dropped a long pass right in the breadbasket that would have been a sure TD. But we let it slide, and easily forget it becuase he does not have the scrutiny that Davis has.

The backups are always the most popular guy with some fans when a starter is judged at a much more critical level due to their draft position & salary.

Where did he say that???

Just curious...

Ok, but you DON'T think DW should start over VD despite DW being a greater playmaker, right?

I'm just trying to understand.