There are 294 users in the forums

Start Walker

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OO9ers:
With all the change going on it might me time to shake up the Tight End possition by benching Vernon Davis in favor of Delanie Walker.

Any Objection?

Davis is the starter. Overall he is better than Walker. Walker does have attributes that may be better than Davis, but Vernon is a much better. If you dont like it, become a falcon or a cowgirl fan so you can have Gonzales or Witten if that's what ur looking for.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by alanbeez22:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Look at the numbers Vernon is more productive than Walker.

Im not saying Vernon has been a Tony Gonzales or an Antonio Gates, but he has been better the Walker, and thats what this is about Walker vs Davis.

Davis is the better overall TE compared to Walker.
Does Davis need to pick up his production? No Doubt
Davis gives us the better chance to win because of his Overall skill set

I like Walker and he is doing exactly what he should do as a backup TE

Walker will get his chances, cuz like a previous poster said i think we will be using a lot of 2 TE sets, but he is nothing more than a sold backup pass catching TE

so basically by saying this with davis in our chances of losing are alot higher? hmmmm. i can't ever recall when davis has helped us win. our wins came off of defense. he has his moments of greatness. but his consistency has killed us. kinda like a smith.

Where did he say that???

Just curious...

in response to this... ima go with what "JOECOOL" said. Delanie Walker is a better play maker then Vernon Davis's is until proven otherwise!

Ok, but you DON'T think DW should start over VD despite DW being a greater playmaker, right?

I'm just trying to understand.

i'm saying if he had his chance. he wouldn't disappoint us. i know by watching him he never has. can't say the same for vd. now if you're asking me who i want starting of course i'm gonna say vernon. might as well make him work for his money! we don't invest into people to not play. but if you're asking me what i think of his production over the last few years... i aint pleased at all if this answers your question on who starts!
I'm lost...

I'm lost...

x2.

Im not saying Vernon has been a Tony Gonzales or an Antonio Gates, but he has been better the Walker, and thats what this is about Walker vs Davis.

Walker will get his chances, cuz like a previous poster said i think we will be using a lot of 2 TE sets, but he is nothing more than a sold backup pass catching TE

so basically by saying this with davis in our chances of losing are alot higher? hmmmm. i can't ever recall when davis has helped us win. our wins came off of defense. he has his moments of greatness. but his consistency has killed us. kinda like a smith.

Where did he say that???

Just curious...

in response to this... ima go with what "JOECOOL" said. Delanie Walker is a better play maker then Vernon Davis's is until proven otherwise!

Ok, but you DON'T think DW should start over VD despite DW being a greater playmaker, right?

i'm saying if he had his chance. he wouldn't disappoint us. i know by watching him he never has. can't say the same for vd. now if you're asking me who i want starting of course i'm gonna say vernon. might as well make him work for his money! we don't invest into people to not play. but if you're asking me what i think of his production over the last few years... i aint pleased at all if this answers your question on who starts!

I'm lost...

kinda like what we should be expecting out of our 1st round 6th overall starter??? i'm lost too. i thought we would be getting more out of someone we THOUGHT would be better. he's lost us some really crucial games with dropped balls in the endzone. you can't deny that. i'm more frustrated with what vernon has been as comparison to hyping up delanie!
I'm lost...

kinda like what we should be expecting out of our 1st round 6th overall starter??? i'm lost too. i thought we would be getting more out of someone we THOUGHT would be better. he's lost us some really crucial games with dropped balls in the endzone. you can't deny that. i'm more frustrated with what vernon has been as comparison to hyping up delanie!

Actually, I'm lost at your reasoning...

You're saying that D-Love is better than VD from what he's shown us yet you don't want him to start before VD...

I'm lost...

You're saying that D-Love is better than VD from what he's shown us yet you don't want him to start before VD...

Im starting to think alanbeez22 might be drunk posting
i aint mad... i just know that webzoners will have differences in opinions. some more ignorant to defend a player when he hasn't produced what we expect of him. the thread says "start walker". and in my postings not EVER once did i say we should start him besides i said we should play BOTH. you guys have good points. but not once did i attack what you guys say but make you think otherwise about what vernon has put on the field so far. i said he was inconsistent. but all you guys kept doing was put up numbers. that doesn't say anything. he did lose us games and i think you guys tend to forget that. vernon is a good player. he's just not great. you guys make him to be a superstar athete that is just that. i came up with a few defenses on delanies half cause he shows some great ability to catch the rock and get up field. i'm just sayin guys. WHY PEOPLE GOTTA BE PRETTY DARN IGNORANT?
I'm lost...

how is this saying that i have more love for delanie???

i'm more frustrated with what vernon has been as comparison to hyping up delanie!

Where did he say that???

Just curious...

Holy crap, Walker has had his chance since coming to the 49ers and he's hasn't produced enough to warrant a starting position let alone unseat Davis.

i aint mad... i just know that webzoners will have differences in opinions. some more ignorant to defend a player when he hasn't produced what we expect of him. the thread says "start walker". and in my postings not EVER once did i say we should start him besides i said we should play BOTH. you guys have good points. but not once did i attack what you guys say but make you think otherwise about what vernon has put on the field so far. i said he was inconsistent. but all you guys kept doing was put up numbers. that doesn't say anything. he did lose us games and i think you guys tend to forget that. vernon is a good player. he's just not great. you guys make him to be a superstar athete that is just that. i came up with a few defenses on delanies half cause he shows some great ability to catch the rock and get up field. i'm just sayin guys. WHY PEOPLE GOTTA BE PRETTY DARN IGNORANT?

Preach!
I'm lost...

how is this saying that i have more love for delanie???

i'm more frustrated with what vernon has been as comparison to hyping up delanie!

huh???

on second thought, nevermind...

Originally posted by strickac:
Objection

Davis is one of the best blocking tight ends in the game with our emphasis this year on the running game this would be a dumb idea, and plus Davis to me anyway has looked pretty good in the preseason catching the ball

Exactly! He's far too important to the running game to bench. Plus, he looks to have become Hill's favorite target. For the first season, I'm actually expecting Vernon to have a pretty good season.

Also, you probably noticed that we ran a 2TE set quite often, especially in the redzone. If Delanie stays healthy this season, he'll get his opportunities.

Bing! We have a winner. The 2 Te Set will be big i feel this season for us. Also Iform.
Originally posted by ninertico:

Where did he say that???

Just curious...

Holy crap, Walker has had his chance since coming to the 49ers and he's hasn't produced enough to warrant a starting position let alone unseat Davis.

of course he won't unless vernon gets hurt. or benched. he's our 6th pick overall, of course he's gonna play over a 6th rounder who makes not even a quarter of what vernon does.
Share 49ersWebzone