There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Start Walker

With all the change going on it might me time to shake up the Tight End possition by benching Vernon Davis in favor of Delanie Walker.

Any Objection?
Objection

Davis is one of the best blocking tight ends in the game with our emphasis this year on the running game this would be a dumb idea, and plus Davis to me anyway has looked pretty good in the preseason catching the ball
Originally posted by valrod33:
Objection

Davis is one of the best blocking tight ends in the game with our emphasis this year on the running game this would be a dumb idea, and plus Davis to me anyway has looked pretty good in the preseason catching the ball

If Davis is one of the best blocking TE in the game, then he is just a better Billy Bajema. Delanie Walker is a better playmaker until Vernon proves otherwise.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Objection

If Davis is one of the best blocking TE in the game, then he is just a better Billy Bajema. Delanie Walker is a better playmaker until Vernon proves otherwise.

Based on . . . .???
omg really guys
Objection

Exactly! He's far too important to the running game to bench. Plus, he looks to have become Hill's favorite target. For the first season, I'm actually expecting Vernon to have a pretty good season.

Also, you probably noticed that we ran a 2TE set quite often, especially in the redzone. If Delanie stays healthy this season, he'll get his opportunities.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Spoof thread?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Objection

Based on . . . .???

Based on just about every opportunity he gets. He doesn't ruin his opportunities and has been doing things asked of him since he's been here. He is also very effective after the catch.

So, what has Vernon done?
Niner Talk at its finest.
Objection

Based on . . . .???

Its obviously based on his 2 career touchdowns
Objection

Based on . . . .???

What's his minutes played? I'm not saying Delanie SHOULD start, but that you can argue it because he has done only good things when thrown the ball. Vernon, on the other hand, has been a disappointment.
I'm lovin' these threads.
Objection

Based on . . . .???

What's his minutes played? I'm not saying Delanie SHOULD start, but that you can argue it because he has done only good things when thrown the ball. Vernon, on the other hand, has been a disappointment.

Of course Delanie has better hands. He played WR in college. Vernon has shown he can catch balls thrown by Shaun Hill so I would rather keep Vernon in there.